How soon from now should a Canadian team break Canada's Stanley Cup losing streak?

How soon from now should a Canadian team break Canada's Stanley Cup losing streak?

• Next season

Votes: 19 17.3%
  • Not next season, but less than five years from now

Votes: 38 34.5%
  • At least five years, but less than ten years from now

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • At least ten years, but less than 20 years from now

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • At least 20 years, but less than 30 years from now

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Exactly 30 years from now

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Somewhere between 30 and 50 years from now

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Sometime after a team from Mexico wins it

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • A team from Canada should never win the Stanley Cup again

Votes: 15 13.6%

• Total voters

ichbinkanadier

Apr 22, 2023
A lot of people are obsessed with that obsession. :sarcasm:
Obsessed with or annoyed by? Big difference

Multiple Canadian teams lost in game 7 of the SCF. Your argument is either trolling or completely delusional
Don't you know he obviously rigged these finals? Everyone knows the Sens should've eon in '07 but Bettman wanted Anaheim to get a Cup. And he not only caused Vancouver to lose game 7, bit he personally started the riots

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I personally don’t understand why Canadians won’t cheer on a different Canadian team if they reach a SCF. To break this streak is already a sufficient reason
I do I'm a Canucks fan first and foremost than cheer against teams. So if a Canadian team in it I'm rooting against the other team. Usually I'm just watching great hockey now I have no hate for the teams left.

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
Obsessed with or annoyed by? Big difference

Don't you know he obviously rigged these finals? Everyone knows the Sens should've eon in '07 but Bettman wanted Anaheim to get a Cup. And he not only caused Vancouver to lose game 7, bit he personally started the riots
Nah, I see as many or more posts about how Canadians are obsessed and annoying than actual obsessed and annoying posters.

ichbinkanadier

Apr 22, 2023
Nah, I see as many or more posts about how Canadians are obsessed and annoying than actual obsessed and annoying posters.
Then you're missing the latter lol

Even 20 years ago it was the same shit....Bettman hates Canada, put more teams in Canada, Phoenix should move...

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I think the Oilers find a way to get it done once in the next 5 years due to McDrai. I don't ever see them becoming good enough to be a dynasty level type team, but having an all time great in McDavid and a superstar in Draisaitl should at minimum cause them to stumble backwards into a cup.

They played amazing last year but were McSwept in the 3rd round.

EverTheCynic

May 26, 2022
They played amazing last year but were McSwept in the 3rd round.
Casual fans cannot wrap their heads around the fact that regular season hockey barely qualifies as hockey.

McDavid isn't a top 10 playoff hockey player in the game today. Playoff hockey is hockey when it's played properly. Ergo McDavid is not a top 10 player in hockey.

All time great? Please.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Casual fans cannot wrap their heads around the fact that regular season hockey barely qualifies as hockey.

McDavid isn't a top 10 playoff hockey player in the game today. Playoff hockey is hockey when it's played properly. Ergo McDavid is not a top 10 player in hockey.

All time great? Please.
you definitely are a casual fan then.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Nobody could correctly guess past about 5 seasons as we have no idea how any teams roster constructs could even look like. I’d pretty confidently state no Canadian team is a true top contender and the few on paper seemingly closest aren’t likely to win in the next few years. I’d say next 5 years there won’t be a Canadian team raising the Cup. As an Oiler fan I’d love to be proven wrong on this.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010

All time great? Please.

This isn’t basketball where 1 or 2 players can carry dead weight to a finals victory.

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
I personally don’t understand why Canadians won’t cheer on a different Canadian team if they reach a SCF. To break this streak is already a sufficient reason
Because the first team to do it has bragging rights forever

dalewood12

Oct 9, 2017
It will be a smaller Canadian market with less media pressure. I think Ottawa or Winnipeg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad