How realistic is a potential Pittsburgh-Nashville Cup Rematch?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
It's plausible, but I wouldn't be putting money on another deep run from Pittsburgh with the defense & goaltending concerns.

Yeah I said that this time last year too, but DeSmith ain't Fleury and the team has played lousy defense across the board basically all season.

Nashville has as good of a chance as anyone of making it to the Final, and I'd be terrified of them.

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
Fleury was incredible through 2 rounds (and had not missed a beat this season) Murray great to close things out. Do you think Murray will be on the same level this year? I don't.

why not? he takes his game to a different level when the games actually count

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
why not? he takes his game to a different level when the games actually count
I'm not optimistic. I look at it this way, yes Murray will elevate his game but he won't get to the level he was at last season. That's what my gut says, happy to be wrong.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Pitts is going out in the first round

Possible if Murray keeps playing so poorly.

Philly's goaltending isn't exactly a strength either though so if both goalies play bad then Pittsburgh still likely wins that series.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I had Nashville/Tampa as my pre season prediction.

I still think nashville is a good choice. Winnipeg will be tough if it gets to that..... Anaheim too if they can get things sorted out, but Nashville is still a good bet.

Tampa? Not so much. They're capable, but they are just not showing it. Pittsburgh can't be counted out either as long as Crosby and Malkin are playing. The east is more open.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Cant bet against Crosby and the Pens in the postseason. That’s like betting against the Patriots

HF007

Sep 9, 2008
50% preds come out the west, 25% pens make it out the east = 12.5%

Last edited:

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Neither Pittsburgh nor Nashville will make it to their Conference's Final... :thumbu: :nod: :laugh:

giphy2.gif

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Not likely that we see a Pens/Preds rematch.

The Preds really only have to beat out the Jets to get there so the odds are they will make it to the SCF. The Pens have to beat out too many teams that are better then them to make it.

Would not be surprised if Philly beats them in the first round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad