OT: How many games have you watched this year?

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
probably around 50, seen like 4 live ones though.

only interesting ones left are boston and ottawa.

Still though I'm actually excited for our future, its depressing this season, but even next season i feel like will be the start of an actual competitive team coming together the proper way, not the half-assed way. We'll be a bottom team, but I will actually like the players on the team i think(i.e Nylander).

Sonofamitch

Aug 2, 2013
Vaughan,ON
Actually sat down and watched this year? Maybe 20-25. Had running in the background while doing school work and other stuff, majority of them 60-65.

Jun 27, 2005
I'm proud to say that I haven't seen a full game this season. In fact I'm probably averaging at most one period per month although I've seen probably 10 overtimes.

Once you kick the habit it's pretty easy. The key is to stop recording them.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
All 75.
and will watch the last 7.

never missed a game of my own free will, don't intend on doing so.

Gosh, better fan than I am.

I want to, but when push comes to shove, I ask myself - would I rather be doing something I enjoy, or do I wanna watch a bunch of players I don't even like (save a few) lose....

Hell I've turned on Buffalo, Edmonton, CBJ, and Carolina games more often recently just to cheer for them, hoping we can draft a player that I actually like.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
About 20. Used to watch more before Rogers came in but I don't get Sportsnet on my cable package and I live in the Jets region so I see them less and I'll be damned if I pay for center ice to watch this garbage. Actually watched more Jets games than Leafs games this year.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
i've watched too many, let's put it that way. Although when the Raptors and Leafs play on the same night, the Raptors get most of my attention.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
I usually watch about 50-60 games a season.

It's probably about 20-30 at this point.

Nothing more to really see out of these guys. We know what they are.

Pyrolemur

Nov 13, 2012
Toronto
Hard to answer, considering several factors from access to the games (no cable TV - just got gamecentre for free via Rogers this year) to the team just sucking to me almost never having 3 hours of free time on any given night (work, kids, housework). It'll change if the team proves they're icing a team worth watching regularly.

roosterman

Feb 4, 2008
I've watched the same amount up until the point where they decided to do a rebuild. After the rebuild decision I was actually really happy and hopefull that they are rebuilding the right way and I'm actually watching more than usual since then.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Less than usual. Sometimes I'll only catch the first period before I change the channel. I'd say since Christmas I've probably only watched 5 or 6.

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
After watching pretty much every game for the last few years I don't think I've sat through a whole game in 2015. I've watched more Canuck games at Rogers Arena than I've watched Leaf games this year. And I hate the Canucks.

tamle

Nov 13, 2013
Since news year, I've saw probably half a dozen games fully. Used to watch all games, except when busy with school, but now, I just read up on HFboards threads here to see what's up. If something interesting is happening, then I'll find a stream and peek in. Like the third period of that game vs. the Sens, to see if they could hold on for the win (hard to not cheer for the Hamburglar story)

Probably will watch <50% of next season games, as a conservative estimate.

pedis

brochefs
Mar 14, 2014
mars
i can't watch the games without a vodka in one hand because then i'd remember how hard they got slapped. Since im trying not to be an alcoholic i've probably watched 50% of usually 70-75 games a year that I would watch.(not counting vacation days missing games)I do enjoy watching tampa bay now, that's become my favourite team to watch during these lowly times

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
I stopped watching the games that are on when I work my day shift, is not worth the loss of sleep. But weekend games and games that are on when I work my late shift is games I still watch.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Watched every Leaf game so far as well as about 200 other NHL games on center ice and a bunch of OHL games.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
Great fans here.Team goes on a losing streak and everyone gives up on them.All bandwagoners.The next couple of years are going to be real fun.

Toronto13

Mar 26, 2015
Markham
Once Carlyle got fired I have watched 6-7 games been using my Score app to make sure we are close to the bottom:yo:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I buy the Center Ice package and watch all of them all the time all 82 a season. I honestly can't remember the last Leaf game that I didn't watch as that must have been at least a decade ago or more at least.

I'm actually quite excited because the Leafs are going to start "playing the kids" in the future and that will make the games more enjoyable for me to watch as opposed to watching but not enjoying while just getting more frustrated.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
On average, I watch about 77-78 games a year (accounting for the 4-5 missed due to exams and uncontrollable circumstances). I only missed 1 game during the 48 game shortened season. I watched maybe 65 games this year. Once this core is gone, it will go back up to what it was. If they aren't traded, it'll go even lower.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I usually look forward to game night.

I haven't watched a full game in a long, long time.

I start. Usually ends up that are boring and have no compete so I find something else.

I will say though it's not just a Leaf thing. NHL hockey, in general is boring now.

I don't know if it is because teams play not to lose the single point or lack of creativity in playing systems or...? But I was the kid watching every series I could. Now, I couldn't tell you last years Cup champ without looking it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad