OT: How many games have you watched this year?

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
I consider myself a pretty die-hard fan of the Leafs, but I have not been able to maintain my interest in watching this team play so far this year.

I typically watch every game I can (usually 70 +), but this year, I would say I've only watched 50 games or so, and I'm probably only going to watch one or two more.

I'm a little worried that if every fan is like me, Rogers & Bell might decide to go through the quick fix route (again) in order to drive up tv ratings.

Rogers obviously has extra incentive to boost ratings due to their massive gamble on the NHL rights, so I don't know if they'll be willing to go through with the full-scale rebuild that so many of us want.

Ironically, if they do decide to go for yet another quick-fix, I could see myself considering abandoning following the Leafs altogether out of frustration.

I'm wondering what the general consensus is around here, how much less hockey than usual people will watch next season if we have similar results (including lack of likability) to this season.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
All 75.
and will watch the last 7.

never missed a game of my own free will, don't intend on doing so.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
I used to record/PVR games I couldn't watch. This year though, I can't remember the last game I watched on TV from beginning to end. Although i've been to more live games this season than any other.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Eh...how many games have I seen? I've watched bits of the last half of the season, but in general I've mostly kept track of the games by keeping a site like TSN up with the scoreboard visible in a tab. That and follow some of the reactions to what is going on here.

Either way I'm just watching streams so not like my watching had any impact on the numbers in the first place. Just that there are just better ways to spend 3 hours this year. Hard to imagine I could stop following the team period or forget there is a game on, but I'm getting by watching less of it shift to shift.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I've had the set on for about 70. I've probably only watched 50 to completion. probably just watch the sens and Hab game the rest of this season.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I usually watch most of the games each season and I mean actually watch them.

Probably most of the games the past 2 months I have on, but I'm on the internet and not really paying attention like I normally would.

Just don't care about most of the players anymore.

McLeafy

Sep 26, 2014
ive watched mostly all of them (gamecenter), though ill admit ive turned many off due to being out and the game being over in a few minutes.

though recently ive watched many to see them lose and for a few good laughs.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
Nothing has changed for me personally. Still watch EVERY game (except when late night work calls) and we still go to every game we can, or I give my tickets to my Nephew and he goes.

Even when the Leafs are terrible, I love watching the young guys, even players not on the Leafs.

Personally, I can't wait for the re-build, just to watch the youngsters. Wasted 20 years already, I got time for another 5-10 to actually watch them win.

My Kids still have just as much fun as when the Leafs were winning, so to me, that is the main thing.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Normally I would only miss a couples games per season (I try and record the games and avoid spoilers if it's possible).

I still watch the games now if I'm not busy... but I don't bother recording them if I'm busy. So if I miss a game now, I don't care.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Watched them all, bailed on 2 or 3 after 2 periods when I couldn't take it any more. Being able to remember when there was 1 game a week available, often none when the Habs dynasty was the national game, may give me a appreciation for being able to see every game no matter had bad the team. Even radio could be tough as anything local was year to year and CKFH reception was spotty in eastern Ontario.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
I still watch every single one I can watch. A lot of time I am less rushed to make the opening face off though.

I also tend to drift away on my laptop while the game is on in the background though. But pretty much everyone I can which mean I probably miss between 0-25% of games.

CalgaryLeaf*

I watched the first 15 games of the season and about 10% after that.

I don't feel like doing the math...lol

CalgaryLeaf*

I watched the first 2-3 shifts of Casey Bailey's first NHL game and couldn't stomach another second...Does that count?

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I cancelled Leafs TV right after New Years and cancelled TV completely when Carlyle was fired. I listen to Marlies and Leafs games live on the radio. Once in awhile I will stream a game but they've been so bad I've stopped doing that - mostly just listen on the radio.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
it is not my intention to miss leaf hockey

3rd period of the nashville blowout cause i forgot about the game and bought interstellar tickets (thankfully the movie started late)
3 or so games (mayb capitals, kings) where i missed some hockey cause i was sleepy

still its a pretty good record... yeah no one enjoys seeing their team lose
9-10 season was an example... but at the end of the day the leafs are like family to me

i enjoy seeing LEAF hockey, the off season is a boring one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad