News Article: How Jonathan Huberdeau Evolved Into an Elite Forward

boyko10

44-11-9
Apr 27, 2017
Best player I ever played with. Sasha going Gretz :)

Thanks was a nice read. Love to hear how guys put the work in and want to be complete. Huby deserves all the credit.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Love to hear how guys put the work in and want to be complete. Huby deserves all the credit.
Yes, he does. From a 170 lb stringbean to 205 lb man. He hit the weight room and worked his arz off.

Still not back to 100% the last 4 or 5 games but he's getting there. :)

Reactions: boyko10

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Jean Luc Discard will dislike this article ;)

You are correct. Huberdeau is a good crease man, just like JVR. That's doesn't make him elite but ofc everyone is going to on the barricades to defend the guy, I know that already because the some of the traded you-know-whos need a shrine at BB&T. Barkov is the only elite player on the team, maybe Troch too.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
You are correct. Huberdeau is a good crease man, just like JVR. That's doesn't make him elite but ofc everyone is going to on the barricades to defend the guy, I know that already because the some of the traded you-know-whos need a shrine at BB&T. Barkov is the only elite player on the team, maybe Troch too.
Huberdeau is the real deal. He's hardly a crease man. That's something he recently added to his game, making him a more complete player and bigger offensive threat.

He's turning into a power forward/playmaker with the ability to finish. He's completely dominate at times, has elite vision and passing. His shot is also really good too despite the muffin jokes. He's a top 10 LW in the league. That's borderline elite, imo.

If you think Trocheck is elite than so is Huberdeau.

HockeyRulez

Panthers hockey since 1993
Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State
Let’s stop kidding ourselves... Huberdeau is no elite player. Never was and never will be. He’s a complimentary forward at best. Hell, Jagr was producing more than him at age 45..

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Huberdeau is elite.

He always had elite offensive potential, but the real surprise to me is his growth as a 200ft winger.

That leap is the reason why he can be called elite.

We gush over Reilly Smith's 2-way game. Need to give credit where it is due.

Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
Not elite. He is pretty slow and i think he needs really good players on his line to do well. That being said, I have no problem with him on our first line. He seems to be playing his part well.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Top 10 Lwer in NHL. Top 8ish winger playmaker.

Did anyone watch Daily Planet ? Very good feature story on Huberdeau. It takes you through his post-injury recovery and how eyes play a big part in it.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Too early to call him elite, IMO, but he definitely is on his way to being a top 5-8 Left Winger if he can keep this up.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
So stuck on denying the team that you cannot give props to a player that is doing well?

Name 10 LWers that are better than Hubs.

I'll wait...

This is also the year Barkov will get league wide recognition. Cannot ignore these guys just because they play for us. The league is taking notice.

Trocheck is elite, but Huby is not, LOL, cant makeup this stuff.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
If him and Barkov stay healthy all year, I don't see why he doesn't get close to 65-70 points.

Only Marchand, Panarin, Ovi, Benn and Patches had more than 65 points on the LW last season.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Did anyone watch Daily Planet ?
did Clark Kent take Harv's position?

i wouldnt say hes easily a top-10 LW, you can definitely make a case for top-15 though. elite gets thrown around too easily but hes one of the best lw in the game, made enormous strides in his game and physique, hes all-star caliber absolutely.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
If him and Barkov stay healthy all year, I don't see why he doesn't get close to 65-70 points.

Only Marchand, Panarin, Ovi, Benn and Patches had more than 65 points on the LW last season.
I guess none of them are elite either...

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
No, I guess they are all elite just like McDavid.

Huberdeau = McDavid confirmed.
One: the discussion was about LW's not C's.

Two: apparently one has to be McDavid or better to be elite.

Fail.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad