News Article: How Jonathan Huberdeau Evolved Into an Elite Forward

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
There aren't 20 elite players. Fail.
So

McDavid, Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Price, Karlsson, Doughty, Kane, Seguin, Benn, Tavares, Getzlaf, Marchand, Bergeron, Stamkos, Kucherov, Hedman, Subban, Josi, Tarasenko, Pietroangelo, Matthews, Gaudreau, Barkov, Kopitar, Ekman-Larsson, Schneider.

Which 8 are you taking out?

And that list is arguably missing players. I listed the shoe-ins lol

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
So

McDavid, Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Price, Karlsson, Doughty, Kane, Seguin, Benn, Tavares, Getzlaf, Marchand, Bergeron, Stamkos, Kucherov, Hedman, Subban, Josi, Tarasenko, Pietroangelo, Matthews, Gaudreau, Barkov, Kopitar, Ekman-Larsson, Schneider.

IMO the time has passed Getzlaf and Bergeron. Kopitar looked done as well, great bounce back season for Anze.

Now Elite = Generational Only?

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
IMO the time has passed Getzlaf and Bergeron. Kopitar looked done as well, great bounce back season for Anze.

Now Elite = Generational Only?

Bergeron just won the Selke yet again last season. And Kopitar had one blip season, and is now back to his best. Both these players are still elite imo.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Huberdeau is an Elite LW in the League if he can keep up the pace and the Points over the next Year. Not much Players infront of him, only Players like Marchand, Hall, Great 8, Johnny Hockey i think thats okay.

I think an elite Player, is like Marchad, Ovi, Zucker, Perron Players who delivere year after year at least 60 Points, that makes a Player Elite and i think Huberdeau is on the Way there.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
So

I find it odd u only listed one goalie in schneider. do u think he's the best in the nhl? his coach doesn't even think he's the best on his team apparently. as for huby, there's no question there are parts of his game that are elite. I doubt anyone here would say his passing wasn't elite. its just that he's slow. and not a little slow. he's actually one of the slowest first line wingers you'll find. this is what I think holds him back from being over a ppg player. his shot is good enough. his stickhandling is pretty slick and it would look a whole lot slicker if he was fast. I really think its just a speed issue with him.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I find it odd u only listed one goalie in schneider. do u think he's the best in the nhl? his coach doesn't even think he's the best on his team apparently. as for huby, there's no question there are parts of his game that are elite. I doubt anyone here would say his passing wasn't elite. its just that he's slow. and not a little slow. he's actually one of the slowest first line wingers you'll find. this is what I think holds him back from being over a ppg player. his shot is good enough. his stickhandling is pretty slick and it would look a whole lot slicker if he was fast. I really think its just a speed issue with him.

I said Price. And obviously not a complete list.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
I said Price. And obviously not a complete list.
ah sorry missed that. but even listing him as one of two goalies is interesting. I mean, rask, hank, crawford, bob, quick....schneider doesn't even register in my mind when I'm thinking of the best.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
ah sorry missed that. but even listing him as one of two goalies is interesting. I mean, rask, hank, crawford, bob, quick....schneider doesn't even register in my mind when I'm thinking of the best.

Schneider had a bad year. Before this year, he was lights out. He just never got goal support.
Rask is in the conversation. Hank not so much. Not anymore. Crawford i'm not too big on but its debateable.

Bob sure. Quick only in the playoffs/playoff mode.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->