How bad has this series affected Kucherov's image after a historic Art Ross win?

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
I'm not gonna go over the series because everyone on this forum knows what's going on. So far, Kucherov has been damn near ghost-like. He has been neutralized completely 5 on 5, can't get anything going on the PP (he does have a point tonight though but isn't doing much else). Sometimes I forget he's even playing.

How bad has this series affected his historic season? I know you're not going to put up the same numbers in the playoffs, but to be completely neutralized and shut down like this? Insane.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Still can't believe some people think this guy is in the same conversation as McDavid. Complete gutless effort in these 4 games. Just a non-factor perimeter player whose resorted to predatory headshots and dives instead of getting in to the guts of the game.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
That play right before he took a dive where the puck was open in the slot was so lackadaisical, just gingerly reaches in while a guy down on his knees has time to reach behind and swipe it away. Playing for your playoff life down a goal and that's the kind of effort you give with a loose puck in the slot? Embarrassing.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Still can't believe some people think this guy is in the same conversation as McDavid. Complete gutless effort in these 4 games. Just a non-factor perimeter player whose resorted to predatory headshots and dives instead of getting in to the guts of the game.

I don't think he was .95 points-per-game in 62 playoff games before this series on accident.

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
Giant difference / opportunity cost versus a great playoff run for is image for sure, it is hard to imagine not affecting is status vs McDavid for the best player in the league.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
I don’t understand the basis for this. What was so historic about Kucherov’s season and Art Ross win?

Reactions: Atrusai

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
Kucherov is still doing his thing out there. He is making plays and is a constant threat out there. Anyone who says otherwise isn't watching the game.

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
I don’t understand the basis for this. What was so historic about Kucherov’s season and Art Ross win?

Is it the highest amount of point for a non Canadian Art Ross winner, highest scoring season since Mario in 95-96 and some other element like that ?

Reactions: varank

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
OV was the best winger in the league last season (RS+playoffs). With Kucherov shitting the bed again, if OV can play great deep again then he still is.

McDavid is the best player though.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I00NEfz.gif

Are the lightning going to do an updated GIF? "Face-Palm Kuch" might never get old

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $685.00