How are we going to get out of our division?

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Throwing up your arms and saying we have no chance of beating a leafs team in which most of them have never played in a playoff game.

It's just laughable man.

Boston have been awful too.

I don't know why some of you bother if you think we have no chance to beat ****ing Toronto

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
i disagree they are a backup goalie away from being up with montreal

the rangers could be the best team in the league if hank hadnt sucked for two months

Hank being an average NHL goalie for some time and the Bruins backup being AHL level are two different things.

Also, are you unable to see what I said? If they had a .500 backup goalie (which would add 9 points to their record) they'd be up there with Montreal. Low and behold, if you add 9 points to their total, they'd have the same number of points, with 2 games more played.

You can't disagree with a fact. I know this is becoming more of the norm now a days, but it's actually how it works.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Pens are the only team I am worried about. Caps are chokers and the Jackets aren't as good as their record.
If Henke continues to be inconsistent and the defensive play is status quo, you should be worried about every team. Add to that the fact that open ice is not going to be available to them in the playoffs and every team becomes a problem.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
To be honest, I can only hope our offense remains hyper-lethal at finishing and that Hank can put up between 16-28 games of excellence.
Not sure, but have my doubts about the offense being lethal when not one team will allow for them to play pond hockey in the playoffs. And with no plan B.......

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Hank being an average NHL goalie for some time and the Bruins backup being AHL level are two different things.

Also, are you unable to see what I said? If they had a .500 backup goalie (which would add 9 points to their record) they'd be up there with Montreal. Low and behold, if you add 9 points to their total, they'd have the same number of points, with 2 games more played.

You can't disagree with a fact. I know this is becoming more of the norm now a days, but it's actually how it works.

i dont see how you dont see the correlation. Boston doesnt have a .500 backup and hank's sv% isnt where it should be.

regardless of their back up goaltender if you truly think boston would be able to handle us in a 7 games series then the facts would prove you wrong. boston averages 2.56 goals be game and gives up 2.64 i believe. they are a minus 4 goal differential and have scored 36 less goals then us this year. Unless rask shuts us out 4 games they dont come close to us

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Boston and Ottawa are not better than us. Neither can score.

LA can't score either. Like Boston, they're a 55% possession team.

We've seen this movie before.

The Rangers are not capable of beating elite possession teams 4 times in 7 games.

Boston sucks. Their coach could be fired at any moment. The will be out of a playoff spot by Monday as they have 5 games at hand on Toronto and are only 1 point ahead. I can get why Montreal or Toronto concern you. But there is no realistic reason that a craptastic team like Boston should concern us.

If you took yellow paint and threw it at the LA Kings, they would be the Boston Bruins. They're the same team. We've seen the Rangers against the Kings enough times to know it isn't ending well.

Boston is actually the last team I wanna play. Give me Pittsburgh. At least we've beaten them before.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
They trade Girardi for Shattenkirk straight up, and Staal for Karlsson, maybe retain a little and add a 2nd.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
i dont see how you dont see the correlation. Boston doesnt have a .500 backup and hank's sv% isnt where it should be.

regardless of their back up goaltender if you truly think boston would be able to handle us in a 7 games series then the facts would prove you wrong. boston averages 2.56 goals be game and gives up 2.64 i believe. they are a minus 4 goal differential and have scored 36 less goals then us this year. Unless rask shuts us out 4 games they dont come close to us

Okay. Let me break this down slightly better for you.

They have a -4 differential because in 11 of their games, they've gotten AHL quality goaltending. They'll also have home ice advantage if we move to the Atlantic.

Khudobin/Subban/MacIntyre will NOT be playing in that series. Hank will. They will have Rask for however long it goes, without an injury. They dominate you with the puck. They have possession more than the other team. Our defense will be in our zone the majority of the game.

We'd need Hank to play like Mason did last game or like Hank did against the Kings for at least 4 games to win the series.

Plain and simple. Shot metrics have indicated playoff success at such a high rate, they make better indicators than goal differential. Those same metrics predicted the Rangers would get killed by the Penguins. The most lopsided series prediction last year. It was the most lopsided series in the entire playoffs. Next closest was Washington and Philly and it turned out that way too.

I don't understand how you cannot see if the Bruins had an NHL goalie in net for those 11 games, they'd likely be closer to Montreal than out of the playoffs.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
The problem with the Penguins is that you can't count on a goaltender breakdown any more. Murray is good. Although I wouldn't mind seeing PGH-PHL in the first round. That's always fun.

I'll take my chances with the Atlantic route and let the Pens, Caps and BJs beat the snot out of each other. Once you get that far, anything can happen.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Boston getting very underrated in this thread.

Classic case of a team that is good but has had awful luck in the regular season.

If they make a good deadline acquisition they'll be scary.

As for the thread itself, I don't think we will. If we get the 1st wild card spot, I think we'll handle Montreal in round 1. Don't know beyond that. Won't be able to say otherwise until I see what Gorton does/doesn't do between now and the deadline. With our current roster, we're probably one and done.

If Hank gets hot and the offense is rolling, though, we'll be a dangerous team. I just don't see that happening with the way this team scores. I don't it translating into the playoffs well.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Okay. Let me break this down slightly better for you.

They have a -4 differential because in 11 of their games, they've gotten AHL quality goaltending. They'll also have home ice advantage if we move to the Atlantic.

Khudobin/Subban/MacIntyre will NOT be playing in that series. Hank will. They will have Rask for however long it goes, without an injury. They dominate you with the puck. They have possession more than the other team. Our defense will be in our zone the majority of the game.

We'd need Hank to play like Mason did last game or like Hank did against the Kings for at least 4 games to win the series.

Plain and simple. Shot metrics have indicated playoff success at such a high rate, they make better indicators than goal differential. Those same metrics predicted the Rangers would get killed by the Penguins. The most lopsided series prediction last year. It was the most lopsided series in the entire playoffs. Next closest was Washington and Philly and it turned out that way too.

I don't understand how you cannot see if the Bruins had an NHL goalie in net for those 11 games, they'd likely be closer to Montreal than out of the playoffs.

Actually, the metrics had Philly running away with that series, but Holtby gonna Holtby.

Washington wasn't actually good last year. They just a 30% powerplay and Holtby had one of the greatest seasons ever.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
We have one of the most potent forward groups in hockey.

Our prestigious goaltender is finding his way again.

We are one move away (for a nice RHD) from being a real contender in the POs. I don't think we should be written of as an early exit team. Have faith that Gorts will figure this out for us and get us what we need.

They need 2 RHD and to not play G, Klein and Staal.

Not happening this year.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I don't get why people are underrating Montreal. They have better advanced numbers than Columbus and Washington. Plus Price, although he's struggled always gives us trouble.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't get why people are underrating Montreal. They have better advanced numbers than Columbus and Washington. Plus Price, although he's struggled always gives us trouble.

Everyone is going to be surprised in June when Montreal is most likely still playing.

3rd in CF%, 2nd in GF%, and Carey Price.

The only way they lose is if Therien starts giving that idiot Weber 32 minutes a game in the playoffs.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Everyone is going to be surprised in June when Montreal is most likely still playing.

3rd in CF%, 2nd in GF%, and Carey Price.

The only way they lose is if Therien starts giving that idiot Weber 32 minutes a game in the playoffs.

Kinda like that time when you gave the Cup to Kings in February.

Next minute, out in first round.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Why Staal? He hasn't been horrid this season.

And you don't know that. If they go the Atlantic route, they can easily make the ECF at the very least.

Staal can't skate and is the worst puck mover in a group that is terrible at it.

McD,Holden and Skjei are better players. I suppose you could use he and Holden as a 3rd pair, but I'm not so sure I want Skjei getting top 4 reps yet either.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
LA can't score either. Like Boston, they're a 55% possession team.

We've seen this movie before.

The Rangers are not capable of beating elite possession teams 4 times in 7 games.

If you took yellow paint and threw it at the LA Kings, they would be the Boston Bruins. They're the same team. We've seen the Rangers against the Kings enough times to know it isn't ending well.

Boston is actually the last team I wanna play. Give me Pittsburgh. At least we've beaten them before.

Give me Toronto, a team that has never beaten anyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad