How are we going to get out of our division?

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
We don't have to beat any of them in order to reach the playoffs. It would actually benefit us to not beat them in the RS and to grab a WC spot that enables us to play Montreal to start the POs. After that, we can hope that teams are weakened by the attrition that is the POs. Anything can happen after teams get worn down and possibly suffer injuries.

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
Columbus isn't a threat at all. The Rangers should want to face them. The Penguins are different story however.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I only fear Pittsburgh, but that's enough to make me want the #1 WC spot.

Not saying I'm confident we'll beat WSH or CBJ but I think Pens would shred us again.

Regardless, the move is to finish in the first WC spot and crossover.

Hope to get CBJ or WSH in the CF.

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
Have you seen Columbus this season?

Yeah and their overachieving. Forwards look terrible, it's not realistic for that team to continue scoring goals Defence is too young and inexperienced... they will not go far.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
This is all premised on the fact that we are not winning the Metro and being the #1 seed. Just being realistic as I would give this around a 10% chance of occurring

A) Road to ECF if we finish as #2-#3 seed which is most likely spot as we aint winning the Metro= Have to beat two of Pitt, Wash or BJ's

B)Road to ECF if we finish as #4 seed which is where we sit comfortably as we speak = Have to beat #1 seed in Atlantic(Montreal) and than if we were so fortunate to get by Habs, in 2nd round our opponent would be one of Maple Leafs, Bruins, Senators and I guess I'll toss in Tampa for ***** and giggles despite their having horrid season.

BTW: It would be noting to ashamed of for us to finish as the #1 WC seeing we likely will have more points than any team in hockey other than maybe 2-3 other teams.

When you look at the two most likely scenarios of what it will look like for us at end of regular season, it's obvious to any savvy hockey observer which I include all my brothers in here(lol) what,would be the most attractive and "easier" route to the ECF.

Now if we were so fortunate to get to the ECF which would be ****ing awesome considering what expectations were before the season, than we would play our first Metro opponent which looks like it will be either Pens or Caps and I think we all know who we'd be rooting for...no?......:nod:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is all premised on the fact that we are not winning the Metro and being the #1 seed. Just being realistic as I would give this around a 10% chance of occurring

A) Road to ECF if we finish as #2-#3 seed which is most likely spot as we aint winning the Metro= Have to beat two of Pitt, Wash or BJ's

B)Road to ECF if we finish as #4 seed which is where we sit comfortably as we speak = Have to beat #1 seed in Atlantic(Montreal) and than if we were so fortunate to get by Habs, in 2nd round our opponent would be one of Maple Leafs, Bruins, Senators and I guess I'll toss in Tampa for ***** and giggles despite their having horrid season.

BTW: It would be noting to ashamed of for us to finish as the #1 WC seeing we likely will have more points than any team in hockey other than maybe 2-3 other teams.

When you look at the two most likely scenarios of what it will look like for us at end of regular season, it's obvious to any savvy hockey observer which I include all my brothers in here(lol) what,would be the most attractive and "easier" route to the ECF.

Now if we were so fortunate to get to the ECF which would be ****ing awesome considering what expectations were before the season, than we would play our first Metro opponent which looks like it will be either Pens or Caps and I think we all know who we'd be rooting for...no?......:nod:

Yeah, which is why a game like yesterday is not a bad loss, unless AV does something stupid with the lineup for the next game because we lost.

We don't need to win every game, just win enough to get #4 in the Metro, which is likely WC1, and playing against the Habs in round one.

The team we would want in the ECF is the Caps. I think Pittsburgh is better, but even if Washington is better, Pittsburgh won the Cup last year. Washington are good almost every season, and then bad in the playoffs. The great 8 hasn't reached the SCF, we want to face them in the ECF.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Pens are the only team I am worried about. Caps are chokers and the Jackets aren't as good as their record.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
We will lose in round 1. At best round 2. Don't expect much.

What do you know that I don't as to the reason we would lose in round 1 or round 2 especially if we finish as the 4th seed which is where we sit now?

Let's assume that GMJG addresses the issues we have with the d corps, you don't think we can beat Montreal? You don't think we could beat Ottawa, Toronto,Boston?

I for **** sure think we can beat any of the Atlantic teams even if Gorton didn't do anything let alone if he addresses the back end issues we have. I trust Gorton tremendously. He see's what we see and I have no doubt he will have our team improved by deadline.

Now if somehow we end up a 2 or 3 seed and we have to play Pens again, yeah it would be a ***** no doubt as they likely would beat us unless we got some awesome performances and Hank was Hank of 2014.

If we ended up playing Caps, yeah they likely would have edge on us but funny things happen when we play the Caps in playoffs and so I'd give us a better chance vs them than Pens. I could see us beating them....I could despite their having a better all around team.

I think we can beat the Jackets. Yeah they've been great this year but they are showing their warts. They are not as dangerous IMO as the Pens or the Caps

So long as Hank is back to being the Hank we've seen lately, we could beat anyone in the Atlantic for sure, the BJ's and probably the Caps. Combine that with Gorton getting some help on the back end, we could give the Pens a problem as well.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
We will lose in round 1. At best round 2. Don't expect much.

Yeah, because the almighty Beacon knows all :sarcasm:

And there's just as good a chance we'll make it to round 3 and possibly the cup finals if all the breaks go our way, and maybe some proper deadline deals.

That being said, I do agree with you if we get a high seed, and have to play PIT or WSH (even CBJ maybe) in the 1st round.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We're not. We're a first round exit team. This is painfully obvious.

I have no problem with taking the first WC and plowing through the Atlantic.

The Atlantic would be doing the plowing in this scenario.

No way in hell we beat Boston, Montreal, or Toronto in a 7 game series. Maybe Ottawa.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
We have one of the most potent forward groups in hockey.

Our prestigious goaltender is finding his way again.

We are one move away (for a nice RHD) from being a real contender in the POs. I don't think we should be written of as an early exit team. Have faith that Gorts will figure this out for us and get us what we need.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We have one of the most potent forward groups in hockey.

Our prestigious goaltender is finding his way again.

We are one move away (for a nice RHD) from being a real contender in the POs. I don't think we should be written of as an early exit team. Have faith that Gorts will figure this out for us and get us what we need.

Getting what we need is but one step.

Getting the black holes out of the lineup is the more important, harder step.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
We're 2 trades from being a contender and a benching of Girardi. Don't see either of those happening so probably not going to go far

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We're 2 trades from being a contender and a benching of Girardi.

Yes.

Don't see either of those happening so probably not going to go far

And also yes.

That's why I see this team going nowhere.

Especially the bolded. At this point its going to be extremely hard to win a 7 game series with Dan Girardi sucking TOI through a straw.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Boston and Ottawa are not better than us. Neither can score.

Montreal is a tough matchup but I'd take my chances with them rather than Pens/Caps/Jackets.

Pens scare the crap out of me.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
We're not. We're a first round exit team. This is painfully obvious.

The Atlantic would be doing the plowing in this scenario.

No way in hell we beat Boston, Montreal, or Toronto in a 7 game series. Maybe Ottawa.

Bruins aren't better than the Rangers this season at all, and while Toronto is very talented, the Rangers have much more playoff experience than they do.

You have a small point with Montreal, but seriously, would you rather play PIT, WSH or CBJ in the 1st round instead?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad