Confirmed with Link: "Home Team", a four episode all-access series about the Panthers playoff push

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
episode 3 was good. Scevior being on the first line and getting his balls busted as a "fantasy camp" player is really funny. I can definitely see Yandle wearing the C next season.

Yandles world revolves around Barkov now. You can see the budding bromance growing :laugh:

Someone with Photoshop skills needs to recreate the Terminator 2 movie poster with Barkov as T-1000 and Yandle as John Connor.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I can definitely see Yandle wearing the C next season.
i think he makes the most sense, just depends on whether they give it to one of the longterm younger players or not. hes our only real vet on D, our top puck mover, his responsibility on the team is one of the highest. he also has a really outgoing personality which has been evident ever since he came here, and the way he gets super pumped after scoring a goal or when someone else does, that raw emotion, that shows me his compete and how much he cares. so i always thought he makes the most sense. but if they go for one of the younger guys then either trocheck, huberdeau, or ekblad.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
episode 3 was good. Scevior being on the first line and getting his balls busted as a "fantasy camp" player is really funny. I can definitely see Yandle wearing the C next season.

lpbd3tO.jpg

Yandle as captain when this is literally what you see before you set foot in the stadium?

No wonder outsiders are always confused at every move we make as a franchise.

Just do what needs to be done. I'm fine with Yandle being an alternate, but when you have the GM saying things like the core needs to take over the team, this is the young guys' team now, the young guys are our leaders now, etc, etc.. Well, certain things should parallel those statements like your captaincy for one.

Last edited:

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
lpbd3tO.jpg

Yandle as captain when this is literally what you see before you set foot in the stadium?

No wonder outsiders are always confused at every move we make as a franchise.

Just do what needs to be done. I'm fine with Yandle being an alternate, but when you have the GM saying things like the core needs to take over the team, this is the young guys' team now, the young guys are our leaders now, etc, etc.. Well, certain things should parallel those statements like your captaincy for one.
What marketing does shouldn't affect who Boughner selects as the captain.

Yandle is vocal, a good player, been in a leadership role in the past, is clearly a leader, and well liked.

Reactions: Vilam and batting1k

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
What marketing does shouldn't affect who Boughner selects as the captain.

Yandle is vocal, a good player, been in a leadership role in the past, is clearly a leader, and well liked.
I agree marketing shouldn't influence those decisions, but in this case they wouldn't be too out of line with either Ekblad or Barkov.

If it was up to me I'd choose Barkov or Trocheck. The captain is far and away the primary example of excellence on your team. Either of our two top centers would be a sensible choice.

Yandle is not someone who I'd feel comfortable with having a young player come into the lineup and see him as our number one guy.. the rah rah guy. Rather they see Barkov with the C and do as he does.

finnishflash

Mar 19, 2018
Just saw the episode preview for tomorrow.

The guys were watching together in the room (New York's ****ery), man....gut wrenching.
Yeah it is too bad but the crucial last road trip was the thing that killed us. Getting 3 out of 8 possible points was brutal.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Anyone who watches this and thinks players don't want to play in South Florida is crazy. While everyone is freezing their ass off in most other NHL cities, they're driving around in golf carts and shorts, getting brunch, 2 minutes away from the beach. Obviously a tight knit group of guys too.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Anyone who watches this and thinks players don't want to play in South Florida is crazy. While everyone is freezing their ass off in most other NHL cities, they're driving around in golf carts and shorts, getting brunch, 2 minutes away from the beach. Obviously a tight knit group of guys too.

The show is such a great promo for the team, and the city as well. It shows how we have a close knit team, how great it is to live in South Florida, and how in detail our coaching staff is. Really enjoyed it.

Watching the team watch the Flyers game, eventually watching their playoffs hopes die, was gut wrenching. I truly hope they use that for motivation, and come out of the gates strong next season. They need to know that games in October are just as important as games in March and April.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Man punch me in the gut once more, will you :cry:

Great series and great group. So proud of them despite missing out. Get a better start next year and kill it in the playoffs. They can do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad