Home Opener?

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
I remember that game having some sluggish Hawks play and some awful officiating, which included Ladd getting screwed out of a goal.

The Hawks were absolutely stoned by Ward. Huet also played like Huet, giving up a pair in the 3rd right after the Hawks tied it.

Raleigh also got slammed by a snow storm the night before and the place was only about a quarter full. We were the last flight in that night and Konroyd was on our flight to call the game as Eddie had an NBC game the following morning. Right before we boarded they said they'd get us as close to Raleigh as possible, if we couldn't land there, and Konroyd joked that he was going to carpool with us.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
The Hawks were absolutely stoned by Ward. Huet also played like Huet, giving up a pair in the 3rd right after the Hawks tied it.

Raleigh also got slammed by a snow storm the night before and the place was only about a quarter full. We were the last flight in that night and Konroyd was on our flight to call the game as Eddie had an NBC game the following morning. Right before we boarded they said they'd get us as close to Raleigh as possible, if we couldn't land there, and Konroyd joked that he was going to carpool with us.

Funny story.

I also met Konroyd. Went to Vancouver to see the Hawks during the Cup year. He was on my flight, and I talked to him for a good ten minutes about the game (5-1 loss) before we boarded the flight.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Funny story.

I also met Konroyd. Went to Vancouver to see the Hawks during the Cup year. He was on my flight, and I talked to him for a good ten minutes about the game (5-1 loss) before we boarded the flight.

That would have been the night of the limo incident, correct?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad