Post-Game Talk: Home Opener, Habs @ Ott, 7:00 pm on Sportsnet

Studzle

Dec 1, 2013
Toronto
Always feel good going into games against the habs. Hopefully Andy continues to make the big stops from last night well eliminating the weaker shots he let in.

Gotta watch out for Galchenyuk that guy is really coming into form lately.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Was supposed to go to this game but had to go to a Thanksgiving dinner instead. Hopefully we win tonight. I hate losing to the Habs especially at home.

Need a Senators win and PK and Markov to get some points for my pool :naughty:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Always feel good going into games against the habs. Hopefully Andy continues to make the big stops from last night well eliminating the weaker shots he let in.

Gotta watch out for Galchenyuk that guy is really coming into form lately.
Yeah ,his line is the most dangerous they have ,and probably the only one

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Found tickets on StubHub and driving to this one ! Really excited, Karlsson always plays good when I'm there (last 2 openers, 5-2 win in Montreal last year) let's hope it continues.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I gave away my tickets to a not very wealthy friend because I have to do big family thanksgiving tonight. Hopefully that is big positive karma!

This is the first really good team we are playing and hopefully some of the kinks from the sometimes sloppy play the first two games are worked out for this game against a better opponent.

Hopefully Pageau plays like he always seems to against the Habs and makes his line effective to go with the New Pizza Line, or Tax Line or whatever cool name we will settle on for our awesome first line.

I hope the 4th line is as effective as they were last night, and Cowen plays just as well.

Also hoping Anderson is preoared to stop the inevitable 2 or 3 Paciorety breakaways.

To miss a home game, the first one of the year is disappointing but it is a good time to be able to watch on TV and flip back and forth to the Jays game!

Go Sens! Go Jays!

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
I think it's going to be a blow-out. Not sure which team will come out on top but I have a feeling the game won't be close like our last two. Goals will mostly come from defensive breakdowns, mistakes and penalties.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Thinking Bobby Ryan has a big game tonight ,he is far too good a player to keep playing this way:nod:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Someone on that line has gotta get scoring. Personally I think Zibby has a good game tonight, but ill be fine with him or Ryan!
Yep those two, i,am sure want to show off their skill .Cant let the HST line have all the headlines:handclap:

Stone Valley

A State of Trance
Jan 19, 2010
Ottawa
www.youtube.com
I know this is offtopic but can someone explain to me the coach's challenge? Well, I understand how it goes but what about relative to time out? if a coach wants to use this challenge does this mean he can't use a timeout? or only if he is successful in the coachs challenge?

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I know this is offtopic but can someone explain to me the coach's challenge? Well, I understand how it goes but what about relative to time out? if a coach wants to use this challenge does this mean he can't use a timeout? or only if he is successful in the coachs challenge?

If a coach wins the challenge, they keep the time-out. If they lose the challenge, they lose the time-out.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Price is sitting this one out so hopefully we can score on this nobody back up
Hammond was a goalie, iam sure that most thought the same way about.MTL will be up for this game for sure no matter who is in net for them

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Price is sitting this one out so hopefully we can score on this nobody back up

Doubtful

Condon was solid in preseason, we are great at making backups look like starters and getting goalies their first win in their first game (although I'm sure lots of fanbases feel the same way)

Who's starting for the Sens today?

It was supposed to be Anderson and it likely will be

Although I'm in the camp that it might be a better idea to give O'Conor the start after last night's marathon

But, at the time of this post, we don't know who will be in nets for us

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad