Recalled/Assigned: Holzer

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Polak leads the Leafs in goals against with 25 GA in 21 games with only 4 coming on the PK and 21 at ES.

Interesting to see how Holzer performs in regards to being on the ice for goals against.

Holzer also plays a physical style game to Polak.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Polak leads the Leafs in goals against with 25 GA in 21 games with only 4 coming on the PK and 21 at ES.

Interesting to see how Holzer performs in regards to being on the ice for goals against.

Holzer also plays a physical style game to Polak.

That's a surprising stat - at least the other team has bruises for those goals... go Holzer!

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
That's a surprising stat - at least the other team has bruises for those goals... go Holzer!

It's not surprising at all. Polak isn't all that great. Big decline from Gunner but he hits so leaf fans love him.

Holzer is a worse version of Polak. Would be happy to never see him again on the leafs.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
It's not surprising at all. Polak isn't all that great. Big decline from Gunner but he hits so leaf fans love him.

Holzer is a worse version of Polak. Would be happy to never see him again on the leafs.

Are you kidding with this? Our two most criticized d-men Schenn and Komisarek "hit" quite frequently.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Loved his game tonight! Really solid defensively and made a few big plays. This guy should be in the NHL full time. Hopefully his play continues and he forces Nonis to make a trade.

phillycheesekessel

Jan 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Loved his game tonight! Really solid defensively and made a few big plays. This guy should be in the NHL full time. Hopefully his play continues and he forces Nonis to make a trade.

This guy should be up with the team. I see him taking robidas spot even when polak returns. It nice to finally see the blueline with some grit. With Phaneuf, Polak and Holzer, our d still sucks but isnt full of a bunch of panzies.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Rock solid tonight.

In the last minute, I don't know what the hell he was doing, but it worked

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
His best game in the NHL.

He manhandles people in the AHL and looks too good most times I've watched him. His play finally looks like it's translating.

Solid performance. :thumbu:

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Does he make it easier to deal Gardiner when Polak comes back?

I know both righties, but Rielly and Gardiner are both lefties. (IIRC)

I would consider moving Gardiner even though it contradicts my views in removing young talent. We have 2 guys who can turn into elite puck moversin Mo and Gards. At this point O am waaaaaaayyyyyyyy more confident Mo wil reach his ceiling, so it makes sense to take from a position of strenth to help out an prganizational weakness. Move Gardiner (and maybe a +) for a young potential 1c, or for a first round draft pick this year.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
And yes Holzer was solid tonight. Small sample size, but let's hope it can continue. Having good defensive depth is never a problem in my eyes.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Nice to see Holzer fit in well .. I still believe he can be a quality bottom pairing d-man, and he matched up against probably one of the toughest opponents for his first game in awhile

The blue line might be able to cope with the loss of Polak after all ... (although the d pairings should be shuffled up)

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Nice to see Holzer fit in well .. I still believe he can be a quality bottom pairing d-man, and he matched up against probably one of the toughest opponents for his first game in awhile

The blue line might be able to cope with the loss of Polak after all ... (although the d pairings should be shuffled up)

They can cope without Polak. What we need to is for our goaltending to rebound, and for Phil to snap out of his bi-monthly useless streak.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
holzer's pretty good. he should have been steadily beingvplayed more and more the past few years, moving up from 7th to bottom pair to maybe even borderline top four by now. he would have most any other organization, he's worlds better than stiffs lioe fraser who played ahead of him.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
holzer's pretty good. he should have been steadily beingvplayed more and more the past few years, moving up from 7th to bottom pair to maybe even borderline top four by now. he would have most any other organization, he's worlds better than stiffs lioe fraser who played ahead of him.

Oh god. I forgot about the dark days of 2013 when we had Kostka and Fraser on our roster. *barf* thanks for the reminder zeke ;)

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I thought Holzer played really well in his first extended stint up until he was paired with Phaneuf and got completely exposed by other teams top lines .. That killed his confidence and it's been a long road back for him .. Perhaps there is a #4 defensive d-man in his game

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
I thought Holzer played really well in his first extended stint up until he was paired with Phaneuf and got completely exposed by other teams top lines .. That killed his confidence and it's been a long road back for him .. Perhaps there is a #4 defensive d-man in his game

Maybe. Perhaps he joins what to me should be our top three in Dion, Franson, and Moriles to be that fourth guy. Then we can push Robidad and Polak into pairing three and trade Gardiner while he still has value.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
I thought Holzer got a really raw deal the first time he was in the NHL. He played on the first pairing with Phaneuf against top competition. As a rookie. And Phaneuf isn't exactly the easiest guy to play with, as few guys have developed good chemistry with him.

As a third pairing guy, I think he can be very solid for the team.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario

Keep in mind we'll have Loov and Percy also pushing for jobs next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad