Recalled/Assigned: Holzer

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Good luck to Holzer. Had a rough first go with the team because of getting stuck with Phaneuf the first time and couldn't take that kind of top pairing job right out of the gate.

Hopefully this run goes better for him.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Korbinian Holzer is actually the perfect fill-in for Roman Polak. He brings the same type of physicality and intimidation to his game. He's an intense player, really strong and defensively focused. I watched him a lot playing for the Marlies in the 12/13 lockout season and he was easily our best defenseman aside from Jake Gardiner.

Really hope he gets some minutes that will help nurture him, rather than throwing him to the wolves like an idiot like last time around.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Decent defender to play with Rielly or Gardiner. Holzer plays very similar to Polak, without the great mobility, all though Holzer isn't slow by any means.

CalgaryLeaf*

The move makes sense...They want a stay at home defenseman with some grit and similar to Polak.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Speaking of physicial Dmen , anyone have an update on Loov and how he's doing, he caught some eyes with his physicial play in the rookie tourny.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
I was in Hamilton for the Marlies-Bulldogs game Friday and Loov was solid.
Really think he needs 2 full seasons of AHL action to possibly challenge for a spot with the big club. Extremely raw.
KH was physical and steady Friday night. He is the proper call-up to replace Roman P.
Percy -7 in 5 games with zero points. Not good.

ShameOnYouZidlicky

Jun 4, 2010
Holzer is the most sensible callup with Percy and Granberg injured. I hope they give him 3rd pairing minutes and not throw him to the wolves like they did in the 2012-2013 season. He'd look much better in a lesser role. So what are we thinking for the combos?

Phanuef - Franson
Rielly - Robidas
Gardiner - Holzer

???

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I keep forgetting about the existence of Holzer, feel like he's been here forever. :laugh:

Hope he does well, I still think he can carve out a nice career as a bottom-pairing NHL defenseman.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Holzer looked solid in the pre-season, and as others have mentioned, he is the most logical replacement for Polak based on his strengths. Holzer's inclusion in the lineup will allow the other pairings to remain intact as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad