Recalled/Assigned: Holzer Sent Down to the Marlies

DPyro

Jun 28, 2010
I told you all they were waiting for Rielly to be sent to the Marlies. Gardiner will be called up tomorrow.

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
I think this might be for a trade more than anything. However glad to see it, he's been struggling and it's best for the team and him.

I'm with you on this. Likely a trade in being finalized and the roster spot is required, if not then a call-up will happen with Gardiner being the best candidate.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I'm with you on this. Likely a trade in being finalized and the roster spot is required, if not then a call-up will happen with Gardiner being the best candidate.

Well we were wrong and Gards is being called up :laugh:
Whatever the case is I'm glad. It will do wonders for Holzer to get some calming presence with Eakins after his recent struggles.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
agreed. give him time to develop further... showed great promise.

He's a big man, if you saw him in person, he is certainly bigger than his 6'3 listing. He's also got his feet wet, he will go back to the Marlies and work on a few things. Part of developing. Cheers mate.

Auzzie19

Mar 10, 2011
The North
per Mark Masters:

per @DarrenDreger - Holzer demotion is to make room for Jake Gardiner although he has yet to be called up.

Dreger asked his cousin Nonis :naughty: lol. I'm pretty sure if they call him up now they would basically lose in Cleveland, my take is that he plays tonight and comes up after the game, but why risk injury in minors?

SteveV*

Truth be told with the young D we have developing, potential of a Ranger next year, Holzer may have to be lights out to get another long long, unless we have massive injuries. Not saying Holzer doesn't return but objects in rear view mirror are closer than they appear and this stint leaves A LOT to be desired.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Bingo, Gardiner will be called up after tonight's game. Just in time for Rielly to step into a top-4 role with the Marlies.

So we're going to call up Gardiner after he plays tonight and then expect him to play Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday for the Leafs?

Can't say I like that idea too much.

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
Well we were wrong and Gards is being called up :laugh:
Whatever the case is I'm glad. It will do wonders for Holzer to get some calming presence with Eakins after his recent struggles.

I still feel a trade is coming though. If it involves freeing up a D position, I'm expecting that Holger will be recalled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad