Speculation: Holl's next contract

Will the Leafs re-sign or let walk?

• Total voters

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
It’s not factually incorrect at all.
We might have scored a bunch, but the secondary scoring did 100% let us down and was the difference in the series.

It’s not the only way a team can improve obviously to get over the hump, but it was a problem that our bottom 6 could not hold a candle to Tampa’s.

Also we scored a lot in the first half of the series. The second half was where the bottom 6 inadequacy really became more apparent.

perhaps your problem is thinking the bottom 6 is going to consistently score. there in the bottom 6 for a reason. they're not consistent and wont contribute offensively every game. if you honestly think a quality bottom 6 can't go 3 games without producing offensively your completely wrong and incorrect. scored 8 goals in games 5-7 that's that's with only scoring once in game 7 enough to win 2 of 3. it's not surprising after scoring 3+ goals every game of the series that there would be one game they don't produce. in fact only two other teams scored 3+ goals in 6 different games in round 1 and thats NYR/PITS who played each other. no other team managed to score 3+ goals in 6 games in round 1. in the Stanley cup finals Colorado was only able to score 3+ goals in 3 of the 6 games, and won the cup. so are you still arguing offense was the issue? 3.43 goals for per game in a 7 game series is not good enough? again scored 3+ goals in each of the first 6 games of the series

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
That Dubas who has Liljegren, McCabe, Giordano and Timmis for 5.3M altogether?

Come on, don't let your dubie hatie armie down, you can do better than that!
Huh? 3 x 3 would be a great deal. Would Holl not expect to get more than that on the open market?
You never replied, perhaps you missed my reply to your post?

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
perhaps your problem is thinking the bottom 6 is going to consistently score. there in the bottom 6 for a reason. they're not consistent and wont contribute offensively every game. if you honestly think a quality bottom 6 can't go 3 games without producing offensively your completely wrong and incorrect. scored 8 goals in games 5-7 that's that's with only scoring once in game 7 enough to win 2 of 3. it's not surprising after scoring 3+ goals every game of the series that there would be one game they don't produce. in fact only two other teams scored 3+ goals in 6 different games in round 1 and thats NYR/PITS who played each other. no other team managed to score 3+ goals in 6 games in round 1. in the Stanley cup finals Colorado was only able to score 3+ goals in 3 of the 6 games, and won the cup. so are you still arguing offense was the issue? 3.43 goals for per game in a 7 game series is not good enough? again scored 3+ goals in each of the first 6 games of the series

I’m just comparing what we got out of our bottom 6 vs what Tampa got. If our guys couldn’t match theirs then it wasn’t good enough. It’s quite simple really.

Tampas depth scoring won them the series. Ours wilted.

Kampf excluded who played very well.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
I’m just comparing what we got out of our bottom 6 vs what Tampa got. If our guys couldn’t match theirs then it wasn’t good enough. It’s quite simple really.

Tampas depth scoring won them the series. Ours wilted.

Kampf excluded who played very well.

you remember Nic Paul scoring twice in game 7 and thinking this. 5 of there 9 goals there bottom 6 scored all in one game. 4 goals in the other 6, and in those 6 games our bottom 6 scored 6 goals. again in the finals Colorado scored 20 goals and won in 6 games, in the first 6 games in our series we scored 24 and had to go to game 7 which we lost.

we were the 2nd best offensive team in the league last year thinking we lost because it wasn't good enough is complete false when we scored 25 goals in 7 games.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
you remember Nic Paul scoring twice in game 7 and thinking this. 5 of there 9 goals there bottom 6 scored all in one game. 4 goals in the other 6, and in those 6 games our bottom 6 scored 6 goals. again in the finals Colorado scored 20 goals and won in 6 games, in the first 6 games in our series we scored 24 and had to go to game 7 which we lost.

we were the 2nd best offensive team in the league last year thinking we lost because it wasn't good enough is complete false when we scored 25 goals in 7 games.

Say what you will, but the fact remains that we only got 1 goal that wasn't into an empty net from someone not named Matthews, Nylander, Tavares or Rielly after 5:52 of the 2nd period of game 3. And it was from Muzzin, not a bottom 6 forward. Our bottom 6 was badly outplayed and it was apparent.

Between Mikheyev, Engvall, Kase, Kampf, Blackwell, Spezza, Simmonds and Clifford we got precisely 3 goals all series that were not empty netters - Kampf, who actually played really well, scored 2 of them.

I think I'm justified in saying it wasn't good enough. Certainly not the only thing that could be improved, but a huge component of our failure to close the series.

Last edited:

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Say what you will, but the fact remains that we only got 1 goal that wasn't into an empty net from someone not named Matthews, Nylander, Tavares or Rielly after 5:52 of the 2nd period of game 3. And it was from Muzzin, not a bottom 6 forward. Our bottom 6 was badly outplayed and it was apparent.

Between Mikheyev, Engvall, Kase, Kampf, Blackwell, Spezza, Simmonds and Clifford we got precisely 3 goals all series that were not empty netters - Kampf, who actually played really well, scored 2 of them.

I think I'm justified in saying it wasn't good enough. Certainly not the only thing that could be improved, but a huge component of our failure to close the series.
That's fair up to a point, but one or more of the stars has to put up big stats in an elimination game, or at least score a late-game/OT winner. It's way past time for them to get it done whether or nor the bottom six can score/goalie let's in a softie/refs suck.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario

yea that's cool, I just think adding more offense to a top offense that produced at an elite level over 7 games should have been enough and therefore the defense/goaltending were far bigger reason's as to why we lost.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
yea that's cool, I just think adding more offense to a top offense that produced at an elite level over 7 games should have been enough and therefore the defense/goaltending were far bigger reason's as to why we lost.

Well surely there’s elements of all of it. I think the moves we’ve made really do lean that they thought it was somewhat all the problems

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I think he'll get a 3 year 3.33 million contract somewhere in the open market. If he gets over 4 or even 5 that'll be crazy.

While he messes up almost every game, he PKs, he's big, isn't afraid to throw his weight around occasionally, and he can play a lot of minutes. He can be a steady defender at times, but usually you forget about that when he has a big mistake.

Next season we likely go with Brodie, Liljegren, Timmins at RD. Maybe Schenn stays, and Niemela could hopefully be in the conversation at least.

alliuk12

Feb 1, 2011
I wouldn’t be one ounce of surprised if gets 4+ for at least four years.
Please don’t break my hear. The only way to fix it is to let him go and when we Get a chance to play against him it will seem Like we have a powerplay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad