GDT: Hogtown Hoedown - Hurricanes vs Maple Leafs

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Let's dance, Tranna.

2015-03-05_20_46_46.0.gif

2bf416fe20cabe3be5409dc363ec45db.gif

(ok, I give up, what the f*** is wrong with this new site making it impossible to reliably post an image/GIF??)
(also, why are the markup options while posting disabled from both Chrome and Firefox?)

FUN FACT: Dinosaurs roamed the planet for 165M years, and this current period in which humans exist is closer to the era of T-Rex than Tranna-Soar-Us-Rex is to the age of Stegosaurus.
(also: "Hogtown" is one of Toronto's many nicknames)

There’s only room in this game for one goalie to do dumb shit and get away with it

Last edited:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
This'll be the real test for our goalie. We're not going to prevent the Leafs from getting grade A chances. Not with the talent they have and not with how our D has played this year. So it'll be up to PK to bail us out.

And on a bigger note, this road trip is pretty brutal. Toronto, Rangers, Caps is not going to be an easy go about. Getting 2-3 points out of this trip would be a success.

But after this trip, 11 of the next 12 games are at home.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
This'll be the real test for our goalie. We're not going to prevent the Leafs from getting grade A chances. Not with the talent they have and not with how our D has played this year. So it'll be up to PK to bail us out.

And on a bigger note, this road trip is pretty brutal. Toronto, Rangers, Caps is not going to be an easy go about. Getting 2-3 points out of this trip would be a success.

I’d be very happy with 4 of 6. Then, we can feast on home cooking.

Reactions: geehaad and Tryamw

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018

THIS WILL BE A TEST IF WE ACTUALLY HAVE A GOALIE. STATUS STILL UNCLEAR

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham

THIS WILL BE A TEST IF WE ACTUALLY HAVE A GOALIE. STATUS STILL UNCLEAR
Well we should just put in Cardboard Cutout. Then we can have the 5 skaters play O

zman77

Oct 1, 2015

Preview: December 30 at Toronto

Svechnikov's On A Roll​

• Recording his third career regular-season hat trick on Thursday, #37 doubled his season total in goals on just three shots. Now with three consecutive multi-point performances, Svechnikov has produced seven points in those games.

Four More For Aho?​

• Sebastian Aho totaled four points in both Wednesday and Thursday's wins, becoming the first player in franchise history to produce four points in consecutive days. The first player NHL player to do so in over 20 years, he now leads all Canes skaters in goals (14), assists (25), points (39), power-play assists (11), power-play points (15), multi-assist games (6) and multi-point games (11) this season.

Bunting's Return To The Six​

• Forward Michael Bunting will play his first game back in Toronto tonight since signing with Carolina this offseason. The Scarborough, Ontario native registered 112 points in 161 games with the Maple Leafs over the past two seasons (2021-23).

In Net​

• Raanta's victory over Montreal on Thursday means Pyotr Kochetkov will be back between the pipes this evening. Although last Saturday against the Islanders went a little rocky, the young netminder has been mostly superb this month. Since December 12 in Ottawa, the Canes have earned points in six of Kochetkov's seven starts, as he's posted a .931 save percentage.
  • Preview: December 30 at Toronto | Carolina Hurricanes

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
It’s nice to see the boys bounce back. I hope Pyotr has a great game because we’re going to need it. I know the division has games in hand on us but it’s nice to be in second and be within shouting distance of the Rangers.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
It’s nice to see the boys bounce back. I hope Pyotr has a great game because we’re going to need it. I know the division has games in hand on us but it’s nice to be in second and be within shouting distance of the Rangers.
Don’t look now but if we win tonight and Rags lose in Tampa, beating them Tuesday would bring us within 3 points of the division (granted they’d have 2 games in hand). Still for all the negativity and doom here we really haven’t really dug ourselves a hole too deep to climb out of even for the division title…

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Don’t look now but if we win tonight and Rags lose in Tampa, beating them Tuesday would bring us within 3 points of the division (granted they’d have 2 games in hand). Still for all the negativity and doom here we really haven’t really dug ourselves a hole too deep to climb out of even for the division title…

I’m going to hold off on any optimistic outlooks until the end of this road trip. It’s very rough and going 0-for isn’t an unlikely result. The home games afterwards will hopefully help make up any damage that’ll have been done.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Auston Matthews with 29 goals in 32 games. Insane… Pacing for 74 goals. Would love to see a vintage Slavin game by making the super star render useless. But now that I’m saying this it’s probably an Auston hat trick incoming.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I’m going to hold off on any optimistic outlooks until the end of this road trip. It’s very rough and going 0-for isn’t an unlikely result. The home games afterwards will hopefully help make up any damage that’ll have been done.
For once, I agree with reserving judgment on optimistic takes. Either way, we'll all know soon enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad