Confirmed with Link: Hogberg signs 2 years ELC

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Here's what I get with the translation.

And today, it was also clear that Marcus Högberg leaves the LHC. He announces that he has signed a contract with a new Club and, given the international rules, that means that he can leave the LHC despite a year remaining on the contract.

Marcus has been very good and valuable to the LHC during the season and goalkeeper, he is of course a particularly important piece of the puzzle along with Jacob. Therefore, we appreciate very much that the news come that early so that we need not doubt that there is a need for a new goalkeeper to the LHC for next season, said Club Director Anders Mäki.

We really thank both Gabriel and Marcus for their contributions to the LHC, both have really worked very hard and it's great that they now get paid for all the work in the form of the transitions to the clubs higher up the food chain. The whole club wish them good luck in the future of their hockey careers, concludes Anders.

Not so clear for me. No mention of exactly where he's headed.

We hold his rights, bolded part pretty much means us or nothing. Unless the KHL has some wacky agreement with the SHL.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Brown will only be 19 by 31 Dec of the next AHL season, and he'll have only completed three years in the CHL, so I don't think he's eligible.

I'd like to see him get a full season, non injured as a top line C over 4th line minutes in a faster stronger league when he didn't have a full season in the books the previous year. Bring him in as a 2-3C the year after when White is gone (and possibly Paul too). Especially since he doesn't seem to have figured it out yet in juniors even.

We really thank both Gabriel and Marcus for their contributions to the LHC, both have really worked very hard and it's great that they now get paid for all the work in the form of the transitions to the clubs higher up the food chain. The whole club wish them good luck in the future of their hockey careers, concludes Anders.

Very nice parting words, anyways. What kind of league is the LHC in?

And Chlapik & Lajoie I think.

This would be my Bellville lineup next yr but they would be very young, very inexperienced with three rookie centres & three rookie defencemen & a rookie goalie. I would also move Paul to centre with some goal scorers to improve his offence & try to spread out the scoring, size & sandpaper.

Varone - Paul - Bailey
DiDomenico - White - Akeson
Perron - Chlapik - Blunden
McCormick - Brown - Rodewell

Chabot - Harpur
Gormley - Rumble
Englund - Jaros
Sieloff - Carlisle/Lajoie

Hogberg - Dreidger/MOC

Don't forget Gagne. Hopefully he and Perron take a big step forward in development. I can't imagine coming in at the end as 19-20 years old onto a bottom feeding team was a very easy transition for them. I feel like the team needs a couple high quality vets to lead so many young guys though.

Last edited:

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Looking forward to making monthly trips to Belleville to catch the B-Sens, hopefully Hogberg becomes part of the mix that could be a very exciting team next year.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Hogberg has signed a PTO for the remainder of the season and will join Binghamton.

@Media_Sens 8m8 minutes ago
#Sens Marcus Hogberg has signed a PTO with Binghamton and will join the #BSens for the remainder of the season. @SenatorsAHL

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
He's joining Bingo on a PTO for the remainder of the season.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
So we have 4 goalies in Bingo now?

Other teams can't win if we have all the goalies.

reece.JPG

ALP21

Mar 10, 2017
So we have 4 goalies in Bingo now?

Hammond is out for the year, driedger and o'connor are too inconsistent, hopefully they aren't afraid to give hogberg some significant PT. Couldn't hurt on a last place team.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Great stuff. I was mildly concerned that we hadn't signed him yet, so I'm very happy to hear this. I haven't seen him play, but he's already better than Dreidger and O'Connor in my eyes (that's not very high praise :cry:)

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I hope big things for Marcus, but I'm also a big fan of taking the best goalie out of this year's draft.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I hope big things for Marcus, but I'm also a big fan of taking the best goalie out of this year's draft.

Really deep goaltending crop this year.

Unless the Sens scouting staff thinks Oettinger is the next Price, can't see them selecting him with our 1st.

We'd be better off selecting a goaltender with the CGY 2nd round pick, or just selecting a couple goalies in the later rounds (what I'd do).

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Looking forward to making monthly trips to Belleville to catch the B-Sens, hopefully Hogberg becomes part of the mix that could be a very exciting team next year.

Gonna have to give us scouting updates when you do :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad