Confirmed with Link: Hogberg signs 2 years ELC

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Sweet!

Awesome news, hope he comes over, and we can start rebuilding Bingo/Bellville into something good.

Next to convince, Jaros.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
If White, Chabot, Jaros and Hogberg are all in the AHL next year, they will be a much better team :D

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
This is quite exciting. Bingo at least if Condon resigns. With Condon onboard he'd be No3 on the depth chart I'd think. Without Condon we'd probably be in the trade/.UFA market.

Now lets get Jaros done.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
This is quite exciting. Bingo at least if Condon resigns. With Condon onboard he'd be No3 on the depth chart I'd think. Without Condon we'd probably be in the trade/.UFA market.

Now lets get Jaros done.

Bingo fans saying why now we get screwed for years now Bellville in there 1st year will have a very solid team.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Good move, hopefully he shows he's our goal of the future.

Andy's getting up there, I don't see Condon as a top 10 goalie any time soon. We're just not a good enough team to win without excellent goaltending.

Haven't seen anything from O'Connor and Dreidger looks like a potential future backup.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
If it's anything like the last time we traded a Swedish goalie, one of our next top prospects.

I'm gonna hope for Rasmus Dahlin.

Ya but that was Murray, so you know with Dorion it's gonna be for a half used pack of gum and a couple scratched Bon Jovi CDs. He will then announce a 2 year extension for the CDs as pre game locker room music claiming he got hugs and high fives from all the players despite few having even been alive during the height of Bon Jovi's popularity. The first game Living on a Prayer comes on and everyone thinks "okay, this isn't so bad, maybe it'll work out". Then the CD begins skipping non-stop and the gum is juicyfruit so the flavour is already long gone.

Half of us jump online and complain about losing a prospect and how the CDs will just get in worse shape after they're aimlessly left around the locker room and not put back in their cases, while the gum is already gone. The other half of us are on the side that how many pre-game sing-a-longs has Hogberg led for this team? And are kind of glad to get rid of his gum hogging ways. It will go down as another trade that divides the fanbase :sarcasm:

...Or he'll just hopefully pan out in Bingo better than O'Connor so far :yo:

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Awesome! We had until June 1 to sign him so this is very good news.

If White, Chabot, Jaros and Hogberg are all in the AHL next year, they will be a much better team :D

Very doubtful both the bolded will be in the AHL next year for any length of time. But that's a different discussion.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Sens will trade him to Vancouver for this prospect of theirs named Dahlen.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I have high hopes for Hogberg, he has looked great in the last few development camps & IMO has been the best goalie at the last two camps. I hope he does well in Bingo but will probably be a bit of an adjustment for him. I imagine he will be back at the development camp this yr & play in the rookie tournament too along with MOC.

And Chlapik & Lajoie I think.

Will Brown be eligible to play in Bellville next season? My guess watching him lately is that he could end up going back to junior for another yr but it's also possible if he is of age he could be sent to Bellville to start to learn the pro game. From Brown's perspective he is going to be in the Memorial Cup this yr since it is being held in Windsor, he may get an opportunity to play for the US at the WJC this coming December if Ottawa/Bellville let him go & why wouldn't they & what else does he have to gain in junior other than dominating at that level which he has yet to do. Watching a number of Bingo games this yr they could probably have used his size & skill in their lineup & maybe he is AHL ready now. IMO he's not NHL ready but maybe he could play down there for a couple of yrs & get the experience.

This would be my Bellville lineup next yr but they would be very young, very inexperienced with three rookie centres & three rookie defencemen & a rookie goalie. I would also move Paul to centre with some goal scorers to improve his offence & try to spread out the scoring, size & sandpaper.

Varone - Paul - Bailey
DiDomenico - White - Akeson
Perron - Chlapik - Blunden
McCormick - Brown - Rodewell

Chabot - Harpur
Gormley - Rumble
Englund - Jaros
Sieloff - Carlisle/Lajoie

Hogberg - Dreidger/MOC

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I have high hopes for Hogberg, he has looked great in the last few development camps & IMO has been the best goalie at the last two camps. I hope he does well in Bingo but will probably be a bit of an adjustment for him. I imagine he will be back at the development camp this yr & play in the rookie tournament too along with MOC.

Will Brown be eligible to play in Bellville next season? My guess watching him lately is that he could end up going back to junior for another yr but it's also possible if he is of age he could be sent to Bellville to start to learn the pro game. From Brown's perspective he is going to be in the Memorial Cup this yr since it is being held in Windsor, he may get an opportunity to play for the US at the WJC this coming December if Ottawa/Bellville let him go & why wouldn't they & what else does he have to gain in junior other than dominating at that level which he has yet to do. Watching a number of Bingo games this yr they could probably have used his size & skill in their lineup & maybe he is AHL ready now. IMO he's not NHL ready but maybe he could play down there for a couple of yrs & get the experience.

This would be my Bellville lineup next yr but they would be very young, very inexperienced with three rookie centres & three rookie defencemen & a rookie goalie. I would also move Paul to centre with some goal scorers to improve his offence & try to spread out the scoring, size & sandpaper.

Varone - Paul - Bailey

Chabot - Harpur
Gormley - Rumble
Englund - Jaros

Hogberg - Dreidger/MOC

Brown just turned 19 and this is his third season in the CHL. In order to be AHL eligible, you gotta have played 4 years in juniors or be 20 by dec 31st (so if you're born in 1988 you are eligible for 2008-2009... the "by dec 31st" bit confuses me a bit though) so afaik he has to play in junior next year and is eligible for the AHL in 2018-2019.

source here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=403429

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Varone - Paul - Bailey

Chabot - Harpur
Gormley - Rumble
Englund - Jaros

Hogberg - Dreidger/MOC

Brown will only be 19 by 31 Dec of the next AHL season, and he'll have only completed three years in the CHL, so I don't think he's eligible.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Getting this back onto the topic of Hogberg, Somebody on the Bingo thread said he was leaving Sweden Saturday and will likely join Bingo for the remainder of the season...

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Very exciting news. Only goalie I have been excited about since Lehner.

Looking good in pro league...big and likes to compete...good stuff.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
roadhog-victory-pose-2-thumbs-up.png

I really want him to put Roadhog on his mask.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

Here's what I get with the translation.

And today, it was also clear that Marcus Högberg leaves the LHC. He announces that he has signed a contract with a new Club and, given the international rules, that means that he can leave the LHC despite a year remaining on the contract.

Marcus has been very good and valuable to the LHC during the season and goalkeeper, he is of course a particularly important piece of the puzzle along with Jacob. Therefore, we appreciate very much that the news come that early so that we need not doubt that there is a need for a new goalkeeper to the LHC for next season, said Club Director Anders Mäki.

We really thank both Gabriel and Marcus for their contributions to the LHC, both have really worked very hard and it's great that they now get paid for all the work in the form of the transitions to the clubs higher up the food chain. The whole club wish them good luck in the future of their hockey careers, concludes Anders.

Not so clear for me. No mention of exactly where he's headed.

Same this with this website ........ no confirmation he's signed with Ottawa

http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey/shl/linkopings-hc-tappar-tva-spelare-tackar/

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2