Hockey's Future Top 50 Prospects Spring 2006: 1-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hfbk2006

Dec 2, 2005
Holly Gunning said:

Come on, would Lundqvist be #6 if he were not playing for New York?

He's had the best season of any NHL goalie. Same stats as Hasek, but the Rangers have a terrible defense in front of him, rather than Chara, Redden, Meszaros, Phillips, Pothier, etc.

Same goes for Prucha. He's probably not a top 10, but he should be higher than 24. He'd have 40 goals this year if he didn't get injured and started the season in the minors... actually, he still has a decent shot at 35-40, and that's despite playing most of the year on the 3 and 4 line. But I'll live with 24 for Prucha.... but there's no way there are 5 people ahead of Lundqvist. He's Vezina this year... and if you don't believe me, look at the crap that is playing defense for the Rangers.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
King'sPawn said:
Wasn't Ovechkin drafted in '04? I didn't see it anywhere in this thread.
I think someone alluded to it

King'sPawn said:
Come on, would Lundqvist be #6 if he were not playing for New York?

He's had the best season of any NHL goalie. Same stats as Hasek, but the Rangers have a terrible defense in front of him, rather than Chara, Redden, Meszaros, Phillips, Pothier, etc.

Same goes for Prucha. He's probably not a top 10, but he should be higher than 24. He'd have 40 goals this year if he didn't get injured and started the season in the minors... actually, he still has a decent shot at 35-40, and that's despite playing most of the year on the 3 and 4 line. But I'll live with 24 for Prucha.... but there's no way there are 5 people ahead of Lundqvist. He's Vezina this year... and if you don't believe me, look at the crap that is playing defense for the Rangers.
I agree on Lundqvist (except for the crap defense) but disagree on Prucha

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
weaponomega said:
Thats it, HF has lost all credibility with me. Ovechkin was drafted in 2004 not 2003.

It is indeed the end of the world. How dare somebody ever make a typo.

Randall Graves*

Joe Thornton #1 Fan said:
I think Lehtonen and Lundqvist get too much love...Toivonen has looked just as capable while being a year younger than Lehtonen and 2 years younger than Lundqvist.

Thoughts? or am I just Bruins-biased?
Lundqvist has a legitimate case for the vezina, can you say the same about Lehtonen or Toivonen?

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Matt MacInnis said:
It is indeed the end of the world. How dare somebody ever make a typo.

It wasn't a typo. HF clearly has no idea when Ovechkin was drafted.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
RallyKiller said:
Lundqvist has a legitimate case for the vezina, can you say the same about Lehtonen or Toivonen?

It's a prospect ranking site, they base their rankings on potential ratheractual results. Although you can make a case that a vezina candidacy is pretty much the peak of any goaltender's potential.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
RallyKiller said:

yeah, but Lehtonen & Toivonen are Finnish and drafted higher than Lundqvist, so they obviously have more upside than him.

Conversely, Fleury was drafted 1st overall, and is from Quebec, so he has the most upside humanly possible.

jd84

Jan 28, 2006
weaponomega said:
Thats it, HF has lost all credibility with me. Ovechkin was drafted in 2004 not 2003.

How dare HF make such a mistake!! I mean they usually get it right with most prospects/rookies but Ovechkin!!! Shame on them!!!!

....... :shakehead

Randall Graves*

LoudmouthHemskyFan#2 said:
IMO

Phaneuf > Napoleon Dynamite > Electricity > Jofa Helmets > Elisha Cuthbert > Ovechkin > Crosby
Mcguyver > Phanuef

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I still stand by what I said the last time when Crosby was ranked first : they should be tied.
There's really no way to tell who's going to be better in 10 years between Ovechkin and Sid.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
King'sPawn said:
Wasn't Ovechkin drafted in '04? I didn't see it anywhere in this thread.

Well if you kept hearing "HE'S TWO YEARS OLDER! IMAGINE WHAT SID WILL BE LIKE IN TWO YEARS!" then eventually you start thinking he's an '03 draftee. :sarcasm:

For some reason I keep having this image of Jaded going down a ski slope on a bike and skis yelling "TWO YEARS!"

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
heshootshescores said:
Well if you kept hearing "HE'S TWO YEARS OLDER! IMAGINE WHAT SID WILL BE LIKE IN TWO YEARS!" then eventually you start thinking he's an '03 draftee. :sarcasm:

For some reason I keep having this image of Jaded going down a ski slope on a bike and skis yelling "TWO YEARS!"

Edit: Most of the rest moved to Ovechkin/Crosby thread by me. I will leave this part though, which is not out of line with this thread:

It is not just me saying it, but many have including one from HF staff, Matt MacInnis, that I saw post recently ( http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=222961&page=5 ) and who had a say on this list, who said 'I think that debates between Ovechkin and Crosby are the only time that a person will try to rationalize that there ISN'T a significant developmental gap between the ages of 18 and 20.' How about my just agreeing with with him.

But since you brought me into this, he was what? One day from being a 2003? It is two years . . . minus a day of course.

Last edited:

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Jaded-Fan said:
Edit: Most of the rest moved to Ovechkin/Crosby thread by me. I will leave this part though, which is not out of line with this thread:

It is not just me saying it, but many have including one from HF staff, Matt MacInnis, that I saw post recently ( http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=222961&page=5 ) and who had a say on this list, who said 'I think that debates between Ovechkin and Crosby are the only time that a person will try to rationalize that there ISN'T a significant developmental gap between the ages of 18 and 20.' How about my just agreeing with with him.

But since you brought me into this, he was what? One day from being a 2003? It is two years . . . minus a day of course.

If you're speaking in terms of draft eligibility, not age. You had to have known that before you posted.

Once again, leaning on one of the broadest arguments possible.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
I can't believe that no one else noticed that it says that Ovechkin was drafted in....

Oh wait, they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad