Hockey's Future Top 50 Prospects Fall 2005: 26-50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinland

Dec 3, 2004
King of Vinland
Andrej Meszaros is younger and much more advanced than Seabrook. This guy is a horse and has a real chance of breaking into the Ottawa line-up this year. Oh and by the way it was known months ago he would not return to Vancouver. He is also 6'1 and over 200 pounds.
I would also put Weber ahead of Seabrook and no it isn't close.

Last edited:

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Hercules Rockefeller said:
I also hope no Ladislav Smid on this list means he's getting recognition as a top 25 prospect(same with Perry). Otherwise, that's a pretty big glaring omission you got there.

Agreed. Of course Ladislav Smid is one of the prospects who gets absolutely no recognition around here so I think it could go either way.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Cam Ward below Fehr, Kronwall, Babchuk, Koivu, Stewart, Kopitar, and Lundqvist is ridiculous.

All he has done over the past year is lead the AHL in Save % as a Rookie on one of the league's worst teams and post a goals against of under 2.

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
I also hope no Ladislav Smid on this list means he's getting recognition as a top 25 prospect(same with Perry). Otherwise, that's a pretty big glaring omission you got there.

Assuming Getzlaf is in the top-25, one of the two you've mentioned won't make it. It says Anaheim is one of the teams with 3 at the beginning of the article..

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Lehtonen32 said:
Assuming Getzlaf is in the top-25, one of the two you've mentioned won't make it. It says Anaheim is one of the teams with 3 at the beginning of the article..

I can guarantee Getzlaf's in the top 25. I'm guessing Perry is as well. I guess that means Smid is still greatly underrated around here. Oh well, at least THN likes him.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I can guarantee Getzlaf's in the top 25. I'm guessing Perry is as well. I guess that means Smid is still greatly underrated around here. Oh well, at least THN likes him.

Don't feel too bad. I think Brown's in the top 25, too, and Gleason is mysteriously omitted from the top 50 altogether.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
King'sPawn said:
Don't feel too bad. I think Brown's in the top 25, too, and Gleason is mysteriously omitted from the top 50 altogether.
Indeed, that doesnt seem right. Also Grebeshkov's play didn't warrant him to completely drop out of the top 50.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Reaper45 said:
Indeed, that doesnt seem right. Also Grebeshkov's play didn't warrant him to completely drop out of the top 50.

I disagree... I was disappointed with Grebeshkov, and can understand other prospects passing him at this point. I do think Gleason's being omitted wrongfully, though, as he's (in my opinion) our best prospect... even over Brown.

But either way, thanks for taking the time to make this list! It's always fun to read!

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Stone doesn't make it.
That's a bit disapointing.
But at least Whitney is still top 25.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
If Smid is really out of the top 50, it's a big mistake. Two years in a row playing among men ina a strong Liberec team and no recognition. Am I the only one who would rate him above Perry? :dunno:

I'm curious to see in which position is Getzlaf.

For the first position I assume:

1a Crosby
1b Ovechkin

:D

Randall Graves*

Ryan,Olesz,Brule are too low.
Schremp is too high.
Montoya shouldn't even be listed, he got overhyped by a good WJC tournament.

craig1

Nov 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
Evilo said:
Stone doesn't make it.
That's a bit disapointing.
It is. But I think his projection as a solid 2nd line center take a back seat to some boom or bust guys. Would I trade him straight up for some of the guys on the list....Not a chance. But can I understand the rating based on potential? Yes.

Evilo said:
But at least Whitney is still top 25.
I have Whitney pegged anywhere from 24 to 30 overall. What scares me is this: Was MAF included on the list? I'm not sure from the guidelines. If so, the Pens have the obvious trio of Crosby, Malkin, MAF. Where's Whitney? He's definately top 50 without question, again, falling around the 24 to 30 mark.....We shall see.

If Whitney's not in the top 50....especially given the solid, solid year he had last season in the AHL (rookie year), then that's completely off base.

Sather Hater

Jul 28, 2003
NJ
Visit site
Caniacforever said:
Cam Ward below Fehr, Kronwall, Babchuk, Koivu, Stewart, Kopitar, and Lundqvist is ridiculous.

All he has done over the past year is lead the AHL in Save % as a Rookie on one of the league's worst teams and post a goals against of under 2.

Wow good numbers in the AHL......according to that logic Jason LaBarbera would be the best prospect in the world.

Lundqvist was the best goalie in arguably the best league in the world last year (because of no NHL), and has put up these numbers for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad