Hockey's Future Top 50 Prospects: 11-25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
If anyone is intersted about chatting about this list, join #hfchat (there are links at the bottom of every HF page [check the bottom toolbar]). I'll be there for a little bit tonight as well.

degroat*

Montoya 17 spots higher than Schwarz when more reputable sources had Schwarz ranked higher before the draft? Hillarious.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Patrick freaking O'Sullivan beat out Ryan Getzlaf in the top 25? O'Sullivan's good, but I'd definetely take Getzlaf over him.

As a matter of fact, in the re-do of the 2003 draft, Getzlaf was picked higher than Brown and O'Sullivan, and was just below Stewart and Carter.

Glad to see at least one Ducks prospect in the top 25. A bit disappointed Smid didn't make the top 50, but I'm sure by next season he'll be up there.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Stich said:
Montoya 17 spots higher than Schwarz when more reputable sources had Schwarz ranked higher before the draft? Hillarious.
The NHL teams saw it differently, it isn't that hard to believe that Montoya is higher ranked than Schwarz, and considering his less than spectacular showing at the WJC and Montoya's Gold Medal.

As a Blues fan, I know you would have liked to have seen Schwarz higher, but overall, the committee saw the facts differently than the "more reputable services" you speak of. Considering he was the THIRD goalie taken in the draft, I think that his inclusion at the expense of Devan Dubnyk should be taken as vindication as opposed to your disallusionment.

degroat*

Does insulting me make you feel better about being involved with this joke of a list? MUCH more reputable souces than Hockey's Future had Schwarz higher than Montoya going into the draft, and that was after Montoya's great WJC.

Oh, and 'NHL teams' didnt' see differently. ONE NHL team thought Montoya was better than Schwarz. Just like ONE NHL team thought that Dubnyk was better than Schwarz.

Like I said after the organization rankings came out... I'll enjoy the next few years. Let's see who's 'disallusionment' we're talking about then.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Stich said:
Does insulting me make you feel better about being involved with this joke of a list? MUCH more reputable souces than Hockey's Future had Schwarz higher than Montoya going into the draft, and that was after Montoya's great WJC.

Oh, and 'NHL teams' didnt' see differently. ONE NHL team thought Montoya was better than Schwarz. Just like ONE NHL team thought that Dubnyk was better than Schwarz.

Like I said after the organization rankings came out... I'll enjoy the next few years. Let's see who's 'disallusionment' we're talking about then.

I dont see how comparing this lists to others works. If McKeens said Montoya over Schawrz would you scream out "Well its wrong, Red Line says Schwarz over Montoya".

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
if all you have to base a complaint off of is someone else's opinion then you have no right to complain. If you've seen a prospect play and think he's been snubbed fine, but if your only going off what you've read then please don't start saying that you've been wronged.

Fists of Fuhry

Jun 26, 2002
Visit site
NYRangers said:
I dont see how comparing this lists to others works. If McKeens said Montoya over Schawrz would you scream out "Well its wrong, Red Line says Schwarz over Montoya".

Well, it works if you're a homer like stitch.

degroat*

NYRangers said:

Try reading a little closer. What I was complaining about was Montoya being 17
spots higher, not about Montoya being higher.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Stich said:
Try reading a little closer. What I was complaining about was Montoya being 17
spots higher, not about Montoya being higher.

You were complaining how 'everyone' had Schwarz over Montoya. So yes, you were.

degroat*

Fists of Fuhry said:
Well, it works if you're a homer like stitch.

Yea, you're right. I'm such a homer for thinking that Montoya shouldn't be 17 spots higher than Schwarz when most reputable sources ranked Schwarz higher than Montoya before the draft. Yep, that sure makes me a homer. :handclap:

degroat*

NYRangers said:
You were complaining how 'everyone' had Schwarz over Montoya. So yes, you were.

Since you're clearly having some comprehension issues, let's go back to my post:

First of all, as you can clearly see, I never once said 'everyone', so please don't quote something that I never said.

Secondly, anyone with a 5th grade education would understand that what I'm complaining about here is Montoya being 17 spots higher, NOT the fact that Montoya is higher.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Stich said:
Since you're clearly having some comprehension issues, let's go back to my post:

First of all, as you can clearly see, I never once said 'everyone', so please don't quote something that I never said.

Secondly, anyone with a 5th grade education would understand that what I'm complaining about here is Montoya being 17 spots higher, NOT the fact that Montoya is higher.

Take the beer goggles off my arguement is your words. How convinient.

" MUCH more reputable souces than Hockey's Future had Schwarz higher than Montoya going into the draft, and that was after Montoya's great WJC."

There is your arguement for the above debate, aswell as mine.

paxtang

May 1, 2003
Harrisburg
Stich said:

.........where did he insult you? I'm lost.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Hercules Rockefeller said:
Patrick freaking O'Sullivan beat out Ryan Getzlaf in the top 25? O'Sullivan's good, but I'd definetely take Getzlaf over him.

As a matter of fact, in the re-do of the 2003 draft, Getzlaf was picked higher than Brown and O'Sullivan, and was just below Stewart and Carter.

Glad to see at least one Ducks prospect in the top 25. A bit disappointed Smid didn't make the top 50, but I'm sure by next season he'll be up there.

Patrick O'Sullivan was drafted with a lot of baggage. He had 'attitude' problems, couldn't play defense, and was pretty much considered a one-dimensional player right?

Two years later, O'Sullivan is in the top 10, if not top 5, for +/- ratio. He has more assists than goals. Reports are saying he is usually helping to cover the defense. He doesn't have wonderful, gifted players playing with him. Painchaud was traded. Shantz is a great goaltender but he can't do it all by himself. O'Sullivan also led some major upsets last year and is helping again to lead a phenominal team.

A couple years ago, the IceDogs were a horrible team. O'Sullivan had the chance to leave the team like Schremp. But he stayed. Not a slight on Schremp but O'Sullivan has become a leader to the rookies and the young players around him. Older players or players his age look to him to lead.

If you tell me, O'Sullivan is an awesome player. I was extremely diappointed to hear they canceled the season because right now O'Sullivan SHOULD be playing in the NHL.

But he is in the OHL and having fun.

He has put the past behind him and his problems, like Schremp, were overblown.

You might take Getzlaf over O'Sullivan but I wouldn't. I like O'Sullivan because he has proven to me that good or bad, he sticks with a team and he gets players to mold around him. He has shown he can learn, that he can play, and he can utilize players around him.

I, though question, Kostitsyn's very high ranking and Montoya's but no matter. Hopefully O'Sullivan will continue going lower on the ranks.

Oiltalk

May 20, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Stich said:

17 spots isn't much to write home about. Quite a few of the players are so close or on par with those around them, that the difference between 20 spots is merely because one is seen as a marginally better prospect, or has one little thing that the other (Schwarz in this case) doesn't have. For all we know by the end of the season the two could be swapped. It's that close.

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
TML said:
Stuart was #15 last year. You don't think he is a top 50 prospect, this year?

Here is a consperacy theory and i hope im wrong

maybe milan michalek isnt on this list with his injuries and all and mark stuart takes his place in the top 10

again hop im wrong but its possible

Stuart not making this list is very odd

degroat*

NYRangers said:
Take the beer goggles off my arguement is your words. How convinient.

" MUCH more reputable souces than Hockey's Future had Schwarz higher than Montoya going into the draft, and that was after Montoya's great WJC."

There is your arguement for the above debate, aswell as mine.

How many times do have to say that my issue is the 17 spot difference before you get it?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Hercules Rockefeller said:

I am with you ... I am a huge Getzlaf Fan .. and If I was picking among the players you listed I would want Getzlaf on my team ahead of Sullivan and Brown .. he may not produce as much as they might offensively .. but he is just so important to his team and a real horse and as a WHL season ticket holder ..Is easily one of the favourite prospects to follow..

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
AGAIN...

Do you guys actually know who is on the IceDogs team and how really important O'Sullivan is to the team? Do you know that he also plays defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad