Hockey's Future Top 50 Prospects: 11-25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Legionnaire said:
We do have damn good prospects..... And not a Flem in the bunch!
Legionnaire, have you ever noticed that almost nobody dislikes the Kings ? I think that's one of the advantages of never winning a Stanley Cup. :D

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Frolov 6'3 said:
Legionnaire, have you ever noticed that almost nobody dislikes the Kings ? I think that's one of the advantages of never winning a Stanley Cup. :D

Except for the stupid Ducks fans Gary.

Blueshirt13

Apr 23, 2004
Other side of the Ri
Just a general question here and please ignore me if it was answered in the previous 15 post pages but by my count, so far there are 9 goalie prospects in the list of 40 where last time there were 8 total in the top 50. Do you think that there are just that many highly talented goalies out there or is it from less top talent at other positions due to either development or people graduating from prospect to regulars?

Blueshirt13

Apr 23, 2004
Other side of the Ri
Frolov 6'3 said:
I can recommend the Kings, Aaron.

One thing I have to say for the Kings... you guys sure know where to find talent and to make due with what you have. With all the injuries in the past 2 years and the calling up of prospects to fill in holes, you still have a nice pool of prospects in development. If you manage to hold onto them, you should have a competitive team for a long time to come.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe said:
Et tu Aaron? :cry:

Geez, now I got Columbus fans after me!

Once guys like Konsorada, Tollefson, Leclaire, Pineault, Picard, Lindstrom et al make the team, I'll gradually start pulling for Columbus!

Right now though, Nash and Zherdev are the only two prospects I've traced on the roster.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Franz said:
I understand where your argument comes from. But I don't like it. IF the next Ovechkin pops out of Belgium or Japan - does that mean he wouldn't be included in the new top 50 list, because Belgium or Japan never had a great hockey star and there would be some bias against them? You get what I mean?

I think you misunderstood me. It has nothing to do with nationality. It's the system the player is developed in that plays a role. There would be no bias (except for the bigots) against Lundqvist had he packed his bags at age 17 and went to play in the QMJHL. Tellqvist came along nicely last season, and I regard Lundqvist as a terrific prospect. They could have a big impact on the perception of Sweden's ability to develop goaltenders. It only takes a few guys to break the mold, sometimes only one (Hasek). I don't know if any of this was a factor in Lundqvist's ranking as I have nothing to do with that aspect of the site. It's just my own theory. :)

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
How many true top 2 "shut-down" defensemen are there in the NHL with very limited offensive upside? He's certainly not a Scott Stevens or Adam Foote in the making.

Stuart may be a great defensive defenseman, but I think the most you can expect from him is a #3, whereas guys like Grebeshkov, Colaiacovo, Eminger, and Whitney all have #1 potential... that's why they're higher on these lists... and I think HF.com putting Stuart at #15 last year was mostly due to the hype surrounding him our of college. He was projected as a top 10 pick in 2002 but opted to stay in school.

Regehr is a good example of what Stuart's upside is. He's a top two defensemen that only plays a lot of powerplay now because we lack a better option. How do you know Stuart might not turn into the next Foote? I wouldn't completely rule it out.

I wouldn't say guys like Colaiacovo and Eminger have #1 potential either but that's just my opinion.

leafaholix*

Flames Draft Watcher said:
I wouldn't say guys like Colaiacovo and Eminger have #1 potential either but that's just my opinion.
I can only speak for Colaiacovo, but according to his coach in St. John's he has the potential to be one of the top 10 defensemen in all of hockey.

This is the same coach that grills his young players every chance he gets.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Leafaholix said:
I can only speak for Colaiacovo, but according to his coach in St. John's he has the potential to be one of the top 10 defensemen in all of hockey.

This is the same coach that grills his young players every chance he gets.
James Patrick said Dmitri Kalinin is the most talanted hockey player since Mario Lemieux...

What coaches and teammates say is bunk.

Leaf Army

Jun 9, 2003
Leaf Nation
Visit site
Moskau said:
James Patrick said Dmitri Kalinin is the most talanted hockey player since Mario Lemieux...

What coaches and teammates say is bunk.

I don't neccessarily disagree with you, but St. John's coach Doug Shedden doesn't dole out praise very easily.

When Maxim Kondratiev was with St. John's last year, he said that Kondratiev was terrible and good for a goal against per game.

When asked about Kyle Wellwood leading the AHL in rookie scoring, he replied that Wellwood should start a clinic on "how not to backcheck."

In fact he ripped just about every single player on the team at one point or another.

But he had nothing but praise for Colaiacovo. He said that he's an NHL defenceman playing in the AHL and that someday he could be a top 10-15 defenceman in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad