Hockey's Future Spring 2006 Organizational Rankings (16-30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'd have no problem with the Flyers being ranked #27 if Umberger and Meyer were considered graduated. With those two counting, I think they should be a bit higher, somewhere in the 17-22 range.

Vic Rattlehead*

My only problem is this:
Boston has questionable depth up front and those forwards who aren't considered hit or miss types seem better suited for third and fourth line duty.

Krejci, Karsums, and Kalus are not hit or miss types, and they all project to be top six forwards. Kind of short-sighted on the part of HF. Overall, good rankings.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
Chaos said:
30 minutes and no "My team is ranked too low"? Im shocked.
my team is too low. detroit is in 1-15!

probably b/c not much graduation.

DevilFisch

Jan 11, 2003
Edison, NJ
www.inlouwetrust.com
I have an small issue with this:

Weaknesses: Although they have two-way and physical forwards, the Devils on the whole are a bit weak in offensive skill. With the focus on drafting those forwards early the Devils lack any viable defensive prospects, and they have only one goaltender with NHL potential. Perhaps a change of scenery for their AHL farm club will do some good developmentally next season.

While I agree the Devils lack any viable defensive prospects and the one goaltender with NHL potential (I assume they mean Frazee), I'd like the point out that two of the listed Devils top 5 prospects do have quite a bit of offensive skill: Bergfors and Zajac.

Other than that, I think it's a fairly accurate ranking of the Devils's prospects.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
These may be the best Rankings I've seen from HF so far, I really can't disagree much, aside from minor debates between teams that are already right beside each other.

I will be interested to see how the top 15 turn out.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Honus Joglund said:
I'm surprised that one of the St. Louis conspiracy theorists haven't berated the HF staff yet.

:handclap:
;) Don't worry - I'm sure one of them will be along before too long.

Honestly, the only problem I have with this list is the disconnect between it and the top-50 prospects list released in February. Guys like Jokinen, Phaneuf, Svatos, Parise, Steen, Carter, and Richards were considered (and showed up) on that top-50 list, but are considered graduated for the org. rankings. (As such, I'll expect Crosby and Ovechkin among others to show up as graduated when 1-15 are released.) IMO this list and the top-50 list should have come out at the same time - whenever that was.

Otherwise, I see the Flyers have Carter at 9 and Richards at 18 in the top-50 list and then see the Flyers' organization ranked 27th and wonder, "did I miss something?"

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
Hi everyone,

I led the committee that devised these rankings, and I have to say that I'm glad that at least so far, they're well received for the most part.

As some of you touched upon, the hardest part about working on this was dealing with the graduations. We had to keep track of upcoming games and who was considered a prospect under HF criteria. As you may see, there are a few players on the list who are essentially considered NHLers, but due to our criteria, they are still be counting.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
While I don't disagree with Vancouver's ranking, it's odd to see Hansen and Edler not mentioned, as they've established their presence much more than other guys who were mentioned (Koltsov?).

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
John Flyers Fan said:
I'd have no problem with the Flyers being ranked #27 if Umberger and Meyer were considered graduated. With those two counting, I think they should be a bit higher, somewhere in the 17-22 range.

The Flyers entry was weird. It was like Strengths: Forwards. Weaknesses: Forwards.

The true Flyers weakness is D, IMO, and considering how depleted it is I don't think their current position is too far off the mark. I think depth counts for a lot in these standings - if you look at Vancouver, they're 26th even though there are two blue-chip prospects there in Bourdon and Schneider.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
The writeups are always a bit difficult, as there's a lot to mention (hell, we're trying to convey as complete of a look at an organization's strengths and weaknesses as possible), so some names might not get referred to directly, or some things may be left off for reasons such as length, creative look or even whether the writer decided it was worth putting down or not. That's not to discredit any prospect not mentioned, or meant to boost any prospect mentioned.

Checker*

22 is fair for the Blues. With the picks the Blues have this year, as long as they don't pick names out of a hat on draft day or decide not to show up, they should be in the top 15 sooner than later.

I think that Jackson and Wideman have more potential than listed (3rd pairing) and David Backes deserves more attention as he's already producing in the AHL, but overall an excellent write-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad