GDT: HOCKEY IS BACK!! Toronto @ Winnipeg | 7PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Can we NOT talk about finishing last, picking first, etc.?

Can we just enjoy that we have a hell of a team, and ditch the loser mentality?

We can. Honestly, Lou screwed me over for my birthday without getting me a defenseman So he'll make it up by getting deep into the playoffs and doing something Lou-vian to get Dahlin :D

If you asked me whether I want Dahlin or a 1-2 playoff round season.... well I'd probably end up choosing Dahlin... I think. God that is kinda tough. Adding him to our D on an ELC would be absolutely insane.

I am super high on Dahlin. I think he can have a McDavid/Matthews/Eichel affect on a franchise. So adding him to the big three.... wow

hmmm....i don't think i like you right now lol

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Loser mentality still infects the minds of anyone thinking about Dahlin on the Leafs.

Personally I think it'd be catastrophic seeing our young superstars miss playoffs given the expectations and the season they had last year.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
We can. Honestly, Lou screwed me over for my birthday without getting me a defenseman So he'll make it up by getting deep into the playoffs and doing something Lou-vian to get Dahlin :D

hmmm....i don't think i like you right now lol

haha, I obviously want to win. I think we can win the cup as soon as this year (heck, OTT was 1 win away from the finals last year).

It's more the ridiculousness of adding Dahlin to this team.

Loser mentality still infects the minds of anyone thinking about Dahlin on the Leafs.

Personally I think it'd be catastrophic seeing our young superstars miss playoffs given the expectations and the season they had last year.

lmao it's not loser mentality.

It's a complete fantasy scenario where we get Dahlin 100% for not making the playoffs. It's purely based around the ridiculousness of adding a franchice/elite d-man on an ELC to this team.

Stop being so serious/negative

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Great gif. Did you make it? Idc, I'm gonna be posting it everywhere for the rest of my life anyway.

Yes, I did.

And great! That's why I made it.

If you asked me whether I want Dahlin or a 1-2 playoff round season.... well I'd probably end up choosing Dahlin... I think. God that is kinda tough. Adding him to our D on an ELC would be absolutely insane.

I am super high on Dahlin. I think he can have a McDavid/Matthews/Eichel affect on a franchise. So adding him to the big three.... wow

c7NJRa2.gif

Marincin to Canucks for their 1st rounder. :banana:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Babcock seems like he is a little bit concerned about the team's hunger level going into this season. I am concerned about his concern.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Great gif. Did you make it? Idc, I'm gonna be posting it everywhere for the rest of my life anyway.

This is a stellar gif. Between this one and the one where everyone is dancing, I have 2 favourites now.
This gif should be posted at the start of every winning post game thread.

wchl

Mar 27, 2008
Hi. I was wondering, does anyone know if Zaitsev or Reilly is on the 2nd unit PP? I assume Gardiner is on the 1st unit.

Thanks

Last edited:

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
What a double header this is going to be! Excited to see all of the young guns flying around out there. Also, will be interested in seeing how Borgstrom performs.
By the way, if anyone wants to live chat during the game(s) tonight feel free to join:

https://discord.gg/tpMXKMF

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
I think this is one of the most entertaining match ups in the entire NHL, what a great way to start. Same with Oilers/Flames right after. Incredible night to be alive.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Hi. I was wondering, does anyone know if Zaitsev or Reilly is on the 2nd unit PP? I assume Gardiner is on the 1st unit.

Thanks

I believe Gardiner is on the 1st unit with Nylander at the point.
Kadri and Rielly on the point for the 2nd unit.

I think it goes:
Marleau - Matthews - Brown
Gardiner - Nylander

JVR - Bozak - Marner
Kadri - Rielly

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Pumped for this game. For someone who was really happy for the fans of the Peg when they got their team back, that good will has pretty much left the building due to their fans. Now easily one of my most hated. Having said that, they have a nice team. Laine and Mathews are going to be a treat to watch for the next decade. Would love nothing more than to quiet the peg fans tonight. Mason never scared me. Looking forward to tonight. There are going to be a lot of great hockey players on the ice. Go leafs Go

member 262271

Whatever happens, for the love of god, no shootout, please.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Can't say I like Komarov ahead of Brown on the PP, can't see that sticking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad