GDT: HOCKEY IS BACK!! Toronto @ Winnipeg | 7PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
LOL to be fair to Cor, in the dark times there wasn't much chance of anyone posting a GDT and coming out a winner. Even Stan Lee's Lucky Man would be deep in the hole.
I feel Cor's luck is about to change. :)

well I don't know ;) I had a pretty good record. It's just Cor :wg:

Stop fishing for likes

:sarcasm:

:p (nah, thanks for starting us off, Cor)

Looks like Cor wants Dahlin.

right? it's v. obvious.

Reactions: Trapper

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
I certainly wouldn't be opposed to having Dahlin.
I could survive another last place finish if Dahlin was guaranteed.
---
If Jets get 1-2 injuries in their top 6 (based on their injury proneness, it's likely) then they are f***ed this season

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
I could survive another last place finish if Dahlin was guaranteed.
---
If Jets get 1-2 injuries in their top 6 (based on their injury proneness, it's likely) then they are ****ed this season

Agreed. What would be even more funny though, is if, on the last day of the season, we lost our last game in the shootout (cause we're amazing at that) and missed the playoffs by one point. The rest of the NHL collectively has a hearty laugh at our expense. We follow it up by winning the draft lottery from the 14th spot.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
well I don't know ;) I had a pretty good record. It's just Cor :wg:

:p (nah, thanks for starting us off, Cor)

right? it's v. obvious.

Well that's because you're special Daisy.
But just to be on the safe side, maybe you'd better be preparing the next GDT (just in case).
Sorry Cor. :( I still believe in you.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Just completed reno of the man cave, just in time for game 1. :tvhappy: :GWC::hockey:

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Good grief fellas.

Not only do we have the strongest naturally skilled line up I have ever witnessed in 40 years of watching the Leafs (imo) We are OOZING talent in the AHL just waiting for their chance to shine.

Dermot Rosen for defense...(let's not mention Marincin please)
Kapannan, Lievo, Sosh on offense.

McBack up I trust for short stretches to keep us respectable.

We can and will survive injuries. We can and will succeed this season. Stop doubting, get excited. Get confident.

Reactions: canadon

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Can we NOT talk about finishing last, picking first, etc.?

Can we just enjoy that we have a hell of a team, and ditch the loser mentality?

Reactions: egd27 and ACC1224

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Good grief fellas.

Not only do we have the strongest naturally skilled line up I have ever witnessed in 40 years of watching the Leafs (imo) We are OOZING talent in the AHL just waiting for their chance to shine.

Dermot Rosen for defense...(let's not mention Marincin please)
Kapannan, Lievo, Sosh on offense.

McBack up I trust for short stretches to keep us respectable.

We can and will survive injuries. We can and will succeed this season. Stop doubting, get excited. Get confident.

lol do you realize the fanbase to which you're appealing?

In the big four NA sports, we have to be top 5 in self-loathing, neurotic fans.

But you're right, we have a f***ing good team.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
But you're right, we have a ****ing good team.

giphy.gif

Reactions: BillDerlago

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Why is Carrick in the lineup? Feels like there are at least two guys who deserves the spot more.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Why is Carrick in the lineup? Feels like there are at least two guys who deserves the spot more.

I thought Carrick finished strong in the preseason after a mediocre start.
Scored a big goal against Price and did ok. While he doesn't have years of experience, he does have more NHL than Borgman and Rosen currently. Not sure if they want 2 rookies on the 3rd pair to start. Plus Carrick is a RHD and in a heavy forecheck game Winnipeg is bound to bring, that might be a slight difference of a second to move the puck on your strong hand.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Looks like Cor wants Dahlin.

If you asked me whether I want Dahlin or a 1-2 playoff round season.... well I'd probably end up choosing Dahlin... I think. God that is kinda tough. Adding him to our D on an ELC would be absolutely insane.

I am super high on Dahlin. I think he can have a McDavid/Matthews/Eichel affect on a franchise. So adding him to the big three.... wow

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If you asked me whether I want Dahlin or a 1-2 playoff round season.... well I'd probably end up choosing Dahlin... I think. God that is kinda tough. Adding him to our D on an ELC would be absolutely insane.

I am super high on Dahlin. I think he can have a McDavid/Matthews/Eichel affect on a franchise. So adding him to the big three.... wow

All this said, goal is to win, and maybe make a lengthy playoff run into rounds 3 or maybe even 4.

However, Dahlin on this team just makes me giddy :laugh:

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Winnipeg still playing a horrendous bottom six despite being portrayed as this breaking out powerhouse again. The Bozak line has a good chance to have a real good game with the matchups they’ll be seeing and the leafs need them to expose it.

Mason is still a huge question mark in my mind and any goalie playing behind a Maurice coached team is going to have a bad time so hopefully this goes smoothly tonight.

This! I am literally thinking what will Laine do to that line :laugh:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Can we NOT talk about finishing last, picking first, etc.?

Can we just enjoy that we have a hell of a team, and ditch the loser mentality?

Exactly, this place can certainly be insufferable at times.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
All this said, goal is to win, and maybe make a lengthy playoff run into rounds 3 or maybe even 4.

However, Dahlin on this team just makes me giddy :laugh:

what about a deep playoff run or a ~12-20% chance of getting Dahlin, but a top 6ish pick for sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad