Hobey Baker winner Dryden McKay tests positive for ostarine

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
How many of you who are commenting actually read the article, his statement, and the other article by Friedman? From the reporting, it was tainted supplements and not something he was intentionally taking.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Hmmmm, and that's why you've got to get into the NHL/AHL as quickly as possible where no one is ever caught for doping.

Or is this site of the opinion that hundreds of athletes continuously performing herculean feats of athleticism, needing to rapidly recover from injury, and needing all the endurance they can get.... don't consume substances which would help them do all of those things? Despite millions of dollars being on the line if you could just get a little bit stronger. A little bit faster. Recover a little sooner.

Per the rules I don't think names are allowed, but when players recover from sliced achilles or are walking on broken legs well before the normal recovery window, it's not just because they're elite athletes. I've always assumed anyone playing at this level is doing what they can to maintain peak performance and heal quickly, and I don't have a problem with it.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
“I've been saying that I'm surprised that people are surprised. You know, I've been years in this sport. I've had the top people come up to me, trying to push this stuff on me all the time. I'm like, 'when you've done what I've done, we can't even consider talking about this. And even then, still, no.

But it's like, when people approach me I'm like 'what the f***? Everyone's on steroids” ~ Nate Diaz
Was that Nate or Nick? I know both have been extremely vocal about this so I'm never 100% sure which said what.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
How many of you who are commenting actually read the article, his statement, and the other article by Friedman? From the reporting, it was tainted supplements and not something he was intentionally taking.
That's been the go-to excuse for ages. I wouldn't take anything at face value at this point. Could have been intentional, could have been unintentional, ya never know.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Seems like an honest mistake, apparently it’s found in lots of supplements.

The only reason he was even subject to testing was Olympics being backup goalie for US, he did not fail any NCAA test or anything.

It's really not. You have to know what you're doing to be taking a supplement with ostarine.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Based on the info I've read, this does appear to be an innocent mistake, and he found it was an unlisted ingredient in one of the supplements he takes.

Unfortunate on his PR side of things as there will be people who always point to this now for his Hobey Baker win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad