Post-Game Talk: HNIC: Caps @ Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Chirping the Vezina winner in a non-rivalry game. I'm confused. I'd expect that from NYI, NYR, Pittsburgh, or Philly fans due to the nature of the rivalry, but Toronto?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Replay absolved 88 for me. That's on 19 and 9. 88 was just near the play because he saw Backstrom blow it and 9 flat footed, so he tried to get back.

I watched it a few times. It wasn't his pursuit that I was talking about. He didn't play the outlet pass well. He half-assed it and then flinched when the puck was played. He should've either stepped up to challenge the pass or gotten back to help with the rush.

It was a kind of no-man's-land play but one that more experienced d-men will either step up or back on.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Mojo has his strongest start maybe ever, yet for some reason he's banished from dysfunctional PP1.

Ovechclutch

Aug 19, 2014
Toronto
is-that-net.jpg

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

Looks like complacency and excuse-making has already set in with the coaching staff.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Stick a fork in the season. This team has no shot in hell advancing past the second round with this offensive game ineptitude. Go back to last season and Pitt'a offensive ineptitude to see how they corrected that.

> Stick a fork in this season, no way in hell can a team this offensively inept win the cup
> Hey go look at this super offensively inept team that won the cup last season

Last edited:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Looks like complacency and excuse-making has already set in with the coaching staff.

so, you believe that 3 games in 4 and back to back with international travel doesn't create a fatigue problem against a rested team?

you also believe that what Trotz says to the players is what he says to the media for public consumption?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino