Post-Game Talk: HNIC: Caps @ Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
I wish the Capitals had Babcock as a coach. They would never have to kill penalties and would be allowed to play like the 2002-03 Devils. The amount of ****ing picks by the Leafs is BS.

Nice

Jan 26, 2016
Bozak could have easily gotten an embellishment penalty there

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
There was no embellishment. Williams stick hit Bozak's visor. Do you really expect him not to snap his head back?

Nice

Jan 26, 2016
There was no embellishment. Williams stick hit Bozak's visor. Do you really expect him not to snap his head back?

No, I expect him to snap his head back but he also flopped to the ice trying to sell the call

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
So Alzner is out?

Caps can't even string two passes together. Hope they can turn it around.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
The Caps move the puck as Trotz coaches them. Depends on how they're feeling on any given day, rather than something in muscle memory. When they play one crisp puck moving game in 5, it's not "mental".

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
27 went down awkwardly. Hope he's okay.

Well he's good enough to do the interview during the intermission...good sign.

Weather the storm and get the legs moving to create some space with all the obstruction these Babcock teams always play.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Rough first period. Some interesting officiating didn't help matters but we look flat and disorganized, the officials didn't do that. I don't expect us to look that way the entire game but they need to start turning up the pressure before the score gets away from them. Holtby wasn't bad but got lucky a few times. Pick it up boys.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Is Toronto still one of those pesky hard working AHL teams that give us fits? I presume they are legit but am out of touch with the league.

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Well he's good enough to do the interview during the intermission...good sign.

Weather the storm and get the legs moving to create some space with all the obstruction these Babcock teams always play.

If he's injured then we know all the interviews are pre-recorded and the entire NHL is scripted?!?!!? :laugh:

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Is Toronto still one of those pesky hard working AHL teams that give us fits? I presume they are legit but am out of touch with the league.

They're much improved with an influx of young talent however their D is extremely suspect. We shouldn't look this bad in the O zone against them. Hopefully we can stay out of the box and get some flow going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad