Post-Game Talk: Hmmm. Hughson Tears!! Leafs Win 4-2 over Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

napoleon in rags

Fred's dead, Baby... Fred's dead
Jun 17, 2009
St. Helena
reimer is playing well but he is still flopping around. dont like it.

It was funny. At one point in the game, i think during the second period, I was going to post that Reimer seems to be tracking the puck better. Glad I held off posting that. He still does the flop-a-polloza like a champ.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Dion doesn't stand up for his teammates and that's why they don't stand up for him . Good on Komo to jump in but unfortunately the consideration won't be returned by our Captain .

Dion has been one of the top guys in fights on this team.

I am not sure your spin here stands up.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Dion doesn't stand up for his teammates and that's why they don't stand up for him . Good on Komo to jump in but unfortunately the consideration won't be returned by our Captain .

Dion was one of the few guys that actually dropped his gloves last year though.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Dion has been one of the top guys in fights on this team.

I am not sure your spin here stands up.

and what does that have to do with standing up for his teammates ?

DP likes to go after a guy when he takes a clean hit but if a teammate takes a cheap shot all he'll do is yap and give that ******** stare .

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Watch him get hot too.:laugh:

Bernier should be in for the next game and I would like to see him do a great job, leaving us with two Goal Tenders that can go in there and beat anyone and with the Rangers on tap for tomorrow, Bernier is likely the Goal Tender and rest Reimer.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
It's funny because I don't have anything against the Canucks as a team these days, other than Burrows who's obviously a piece of ****, but their fans are so incredibly whiny and obnoxious that beating them feels almost better than beating the Habs. I thought that goalie interference call was right but if I was on the other side I'd probably be upset about it. The penalty Burrows took on Phaneuf was also iffy but it was canceled out by the call Hansen drew on Parenteau so that point is moot as well. At the end of the day the Canucks were undone by 45-50 minutes of sloppy play full of turnovers, and couldn't turn it around in the final 10 minutes despite their best efforts. They played like **** and deserved to lose.

As for the Leafs, I thought the first 50 minutes were excellent but the final 10 were cause for major concern, as we protected that lead pretty much exactly like we did in the Carlyle days: sit back and pray. Prior to that I thought the forecheck from the first line in particular was very strong and we were getting a lot of traffic in front of the net, which really made the night hard on Miller when combined with the giveaways generated from the constant pressure. If we clean up that final 10 minutes it would have been an A+ outing but as it stands I'll give the Leafs a B tonight.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
You have to love the way this team is playing compared to what they have done the past few years. I hope all of our "expendable" pieces have great years because it means that come trade deadline, we are gonna be picking up a ton of extra picks.

Regardless of close we are they at the TDL they are not gonna push for the playoffs nor will they bring any of the kids up so enjoy it while we can because pain is coming!

Tank is on, just delayed

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
WTF is going on here? Three wins in a row? James Reimer not stinking the joint up?

I'm so confused.

P.S. Feels so good to beat those smug ****** from Vancouver. suck it.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Thanks! That was a very interesting read.

Dmytro Timashov was a great pick for the 5th round, but to say he should have gone in the 1st is overstating the case.

Only about 26% of kids who put up his kind of production as an 18 year-old in the Q (1.36ppg +/- 0.33) make it as a pro in the NHL, and of those, the average best season is 43 points.

He has put up good international numbers, and there's lots of value with this pick. And his 1.75ppg this season so far is very encouraging. But 1st round goes too far.

Nylander now leads the AHL in scoring, btw! After a 9-8 victory - the highest scoring in the AHL since 1998. Hahahah.

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
Reimer will have his bad nights, but he's in a good stretch obviously. His style is not kind on the eyes but hey, stopping pucks is the name of the game.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
How many nights have the goalies actually cost the Leafs the hockey game? Games where it could have been close except they let in a terrible goal?

I don't think it would be bad if the goalie actually steals a game now and then. But the Leafs did a really good job in the first 2 periods of limiting quality chances.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Dmytro Timashov was a great pick for the 5th round, but to say he should have gone in the 1st is overstating the case.

Only about 26% of kids who put up his kind of production as an 18 year-old in the Q (1.36ppg +/- 0.33) make it as a pro in the NHL, and of those, the average best season is 43 points.

He has put up good international numbers, and there's lots of value with this pick. And his 1.75ppg this season so far is very encouraging. But 1st round goes too far.

Nylander now leads the AHL in scoring, btw! After a 9-8 victory - the highest scoring in the AHL since 1998. Hahahah.

I don't have the numbers of the top of my head but IIRC, something like 30-40% of first rounder make the NHL and play ~100 games. The fact that 26% of kids with that kind of production makes the NHL pretty much makes Timashov a late first round/high second round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad