Hitting the reset button

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Yea, the "reset" button needs to be a coach or a higher up putting a stop to the bull****.

And theres a hole lotta bull**** goin' on.

Just takes one person to put a stop to it though.
Just hope it's sooner rather than later.
Cuz i'm at the point where i've picked a Western Conf. team to cheer for, to enjoy NHL hockey again.
I'll be waiting...

StutzlesTapeJob

Dec 22, 2008
Would people even cheer for Malkins mom anymore? Remember that? That was magic when the Malkins first came. The good old days of recent pens hockey, when it was a party and a joy to watch.

To be fair the pens haven't provided much to cheer about. We don't play a very exciting brand of hockey these days. Certain things go a long way for crowd response. Pp goals, big hits, fights, having backs and scrum support and yeah....even fights. Pens don't seem interested in those classic hockey things. Possession hockey is exciting if you really like the games finer points! Like a good neutral zone trap.

We also have been losing rivalry games at home (what is the flyers record here?)

If the pens org and players can snap out of this lame attempt at hockey and start playing in a way fans can be proud of (or deserves cheering) it will come back.

meangene

Jul 5, 2014
The inter webs
"To be fair the pens haven't provided much to cheer about. We don't play a very exciting brand of hockey these days. Certain things go a long way for crowd response. Pp goals, big hits, fights, having backs and scrum support and yeah....even fights. Pens don't seem interested in those classic hockey things. Possession hockey is exciting if you really like the games finer points! Like a good neutral zone trap."

That's an interesting point. Do people miss DB because they thought the way he played was more entertaining to watch? Definitely more physical and all the stretch passes were good for some odd man breaks every now and again.

Personally I'd rather watch four line of skill move the puck then a bunch of Tanner Glass' in the bottom six dump and chase, but maybe I'm part of the group you were talking about.

meangene

Jul 5, 2014
The inter webs
Would people even cheer for Malkins mom anymore? Remember that? That was magic when the Malkins first came. The good old days of recent pens hockey, when it was a party and a joy to watch.

To be fair the pens haven't provided much to cheer about. We don't play a very exciting brand of hockey these days. Certain things go a long way for crowd response. Pp goals, big hits, fights, having backs and scrum support and yeah....even fights. Pens don't seem interested in those classic hockey things. Possession hockey is exciting if you really like the games finer points! Like a good neutral zone trap.

We also have been losing rivalry games at home (what is the flyers record here?)

If the pens org and players can snap out of this lame attempt at hockey and start playing in a way fans can be proud of (or deserves cheering) it will come back.

I also think there's something to be said for the state of hockey in general, in a sense that the style of "possession" hockey is the best way to play if you want to win, but not necessarily the most entertaining games to watch if you're a fan.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
"To be fair the pens haven't provided much to cheer about. We don't play a very exciting brand of hockey these days. Certain things go a long way for crowd response. Pp goals, big hits, fights, having backs and scrum support and yeah....even fights. Pens don't seem interested in those classic hockey things. Possession hockey is exciting if you really like the games finer points! Like a good neutral zone trap."

That's an interesting point. Do people miss DB because they thought the way he played was more entertaining to watch? Definitely more physical and all the stretch passes were good for some odd man breaks every now and again.

Personally I'd rather watch four line of skill move the puck then a bunch of Tanner Glass' in the bottom six dump and chase, but maybe I'm part of the group you were talking about.

The quiet arena has been an issue since Console opened. Bylsma has nothing to do with it. At least in the sense that it was louder with him, because it wasn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad