Line Combos: Hitchcock changing things up; Morrow up to 2nd, Roy to 4th

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
This. Roy started off terrible last night, but he got better as the game went on. Morrow just can't keep up and Roy can't play on the fourth line. He just can't. Although I do find it funny that we signed Roy to be that second line center, and here we are still looking for that guy.

No kidding, and Roy isn't even playing center for us.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I want Paajarvi back badly. I thought he played well when he was in, and you know he's going to give you 100% effort. I'd like to see him get some time. I was thinking something along the lines of

Steen-Backes-Schwartz
Paajarvi-Sobotka-Stewart
Oshie-Berglund-Tarasenko
Morrow-Lapierre-Reaves

I'd like to see those lines once at least. If for nothing else than to see how they do.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
You guys know I am not a fan of the Roy signing but I thought he made a couple decent backchecking plays to clear our zone last night. He's just one of those guys who contributes one thing, those slick little sneaky passes you don't see coming, otherwise he's mostly invisible. However, I am happy with the sneaky passes, just disappointed in his otherwise overall non-effect. If he'd buried a couple of those chances last night I'd be happier with him.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
You guys know I am not a fan of the Roy signing but I thought he made a couple decent backchecking plays to clear our zone last night. He's just one of those guys who contributes one thing, those slick little sneaky passes you don't see coming, otherwise he's mostly invisible. However, I am happy with the sneaky passes, just disappointed in his otherwise overall non-effect. If he'd buried a couple of those chances last night I'd be happier with him.

Yeah, I'm not fan of Roy at all, but you can't deny he had some good chances last night. I just wish he'd be a little stronger on the puck, he loses a lot of board battles which is frustrating to watch.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I want Paajarvi back badly. I thought he played well when he was in, and you know he's going to give you 100% effort. I'd like to see him get some time. I was thinking something along the lines of

Steen-Backes-Schwartz
Paajarvi-Sobotka-Stewart
Oshie-Berglund-Tarasenko
Morrow-Lapierre-Reaves

I'd like to see those lines once at least. If for nothing else than to see how they do.

I think everyone wants to see him back. I would imagine as soon as he's good to go, he'll be in.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

Roy is deserving of scrutiny and some criticism, but last night's game really wasn't a case for it. The guy was dangerous and very unlucky not to get a goal.

He looked like a whirling dervish on that attack that Smith snagged with his glove (great save). That was awesome, and if it had gone it would have been on all the highlights today (well, it is...but for the save instead).

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Roy is bad in the defensive zone, maybe the worst on the team. Along the boards he doesn't seem to know how to get the puck out. He usually seems to pass it in the opposite direction such as back into the corner.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Can we start calling it how they are actually used and say Morrow was bumped up to the 3rd line.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
I disagree with that.

Roy looked competent in the defensive zone last night for a player who does not play on the Blues/Kings/Bruins.

I can take or leave Roy. As long Hitch does not put Morrow on the same line as Tarasenko I can live with it. Putting Morrow opposite Stewart...positives may result.

...Actually using Roy on the 4th may not be a bad thing at all. There seemed to be as much or more pressure from the 4th line than there was the 2nd. Reeves seems as likely a goal scorer as Stewart right now.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Roy looked competent in the defensive zone last night for a player who does not play on the Blues/Kings/Bruins.

I can take or leave Roy. As long Hitch does not put Morrow on the same line as Tarasenko I can live with it. Putting Morrow opposite Stewart...positives may result.

...Actually using Roy on the 4th may not be a bad thing at all. There seemed to be as much or more pressure from the 4th line than there was the 2nd. Reeves seems as likely a goal scorer as Stewart right now.

Reaves has surprised me in terms of his offensive ability. He's got good stick handling skills, and can make crisp passes. If you combined Reaves and Stewie we'd have a hell of a player.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Lol if only we could combine several players on this team. Berglund and Sobotka stands out as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad