Post-Game Talk: Hit em with the 4 like AM34. Leafs lose 4th straight game 7 to Boston: 2-1

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
And if he misses the poke check he gets blamed for that. That was a lazy play by Rielly getting beat to the puck and Nylander not even moving his feet.

Rielly and Lily are hopeless. Trade both of them.
Disagree with lily he actually plays defence just not strong enough for dog fight

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
He's at least had some big moments in the playoffs. Marner has literally nothing aside from Game 1 vs Boston like 6 years ago.
his big moment this year was getting angled away from the net and throwing the puck on goal which banked off the side of the net back towards the side boards then off the Bruins D to the front of the net and last year a shot that was going nowhere off a foot and in

his BIG plays were 2 fluke bounces in 6 yrs

he had 2 f***ing points in 7 games but they fluff the shit out of him for some reason so it fools some people into thinking he played well

Last edited:
Reactions: hamzarocks and IPS

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I hope your feeling better , you've been missed !

regardless of whether we agreed i always appreciated your posts since i knew it was your honest opinion and you weren't trying to troll or get a rise out of people , hope to see you around more

imo Dubie got pissy because someone dared make him dance for his dinner and that's why he started melting down late last season culminating with his melt down at his year end presser . he's a clueless f***ing idiot that severely damaged our window and left the new GM a huge hole to dig us out of
Well said. I've disagreed with you in the past but you were always right about that clown Kyle. He ruined everything

Reactions: hotpaws

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
And if he misses the poke check he gets blamed for that. That was a lazy play by Rielly getting beat to the puck and Nylander not even moving his feet.

So instead he does nothing and let's Pastrnak do whatever he wants and put it in the net?

Reactions: Al14

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Offense dries up yearly in the playoffs. It's one thing if they're dominating games and can't score, but they're playing timid low event hockey. The chances weren't close 5 on 5

Really wish we had a different coach for this year to see if anything could be salvaged from this core.

I found this to be hilarious and sad really

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
I think many of us are just tired of saying and feeling the same thing over and over. A lot of posters are 'burnt out' and a lot of the angry posts have been said already multiple times.

I do agre with your 2nd point...complacency...just not caring, might be a worse sign than anger.
you make a great point

Complacency is a far bigger problem than anger, at least as far as ownership goes

at least when they're angry, the fans care... so they're still attached

but when they're complacent, they start to not care and their attention is directed elsewhere.. not a good situation for ownership when the fans are paying less attention

we all know that tonight was the last night for this era and to be honest who really gives a f*ck it would have been the last night a week or two from now when they got dusted by Florida so either way we've closed the book on this last chapter of this Leafs roster forever. Same for Boston, they're nowhere near as good as they used to be and they're f*cking toast against the Panthers as well but whatever. Management would be suicidal to bring this team back again. They know it. Fans will just naturally drift off next year if they try this again.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
his big moment this year was getting angled away from the net and throwing the puck on goal which banked off the side off the net back towards the side boards then off the Bruins D to the front of the net and last year a shot that was going nowhere off a foot and in

his BIG plays were 2 fluke bounces in 6 yrs

he had 2 f***ing points in 7 games but they fluff the shit out of him for some reason so it fools some people into thinking he played well
I think it's become so default that he's going to look like shit no matter what that some delusional fans spin anything remotely positive into an "added bonus" that justifies JT's existence on the team.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Alright... I am also stepping in here.. there is blame to go around as well as a tip of the cap to the Bruins for that set tap back play and angled cross corner.. That is a soccer style play where you draw people up and then run in behind. More awareness from Marner and Rielly could have made an impact.. but you cannot be sure what another goaltender might do seeing the angle of the puck and speed of Pasta. As it's coming out I'm saying "where is Samsonov" It's not right in his crease but if you are ready and see the speeds of Pasta and Rielly relative to each other .. you can get that puck right off the bounce and fire it off the wall strong side.

So to say Samsonov is not at all responsible is a step too far.

The fact is that if he had made that play it would have been an exceptional play as he would have got to it at the same time as Pasta. You can not blame the player who did not make an exceptional play when two players didn't do their job and put him in that situation. This was not a dump in that a goalie can leave early and anticipate. There is a very good chance that he would collide with Pastrnak and/or his attempt is blocked by Pastrnak. It was a split second decision that was forced upon him by his teammates who 100% were to blamed.

Is it possible that Samsonov could have got to the puck and altered the result that occurred.....sure I will give you that but look at where Pastrnak picked it up and look how far Samsonov would have had to go to safely beat him to it and look at how little time he would have had to make that decision. It would have been an outstanding play if he had pulled off and blaming players for not making outstanding plays while excusing one's who entirely failed to read the play and react as it developed screams of confirmation bias and mob level sh*t slinging at the scapegoat that the mob wanted to blame anyways.

It was a great play by Lindholm and Pastrnak and the greatest chance to thwart it was for one and preferably both of Reilly and Marner to recognize Pastrnak wheeling before Lindhoilm dumped it. The Bruins use these board plays more than any team in the league and they should have been expecting it.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I’d feel a bit better if treliving told keefe to not even show up to the post season interview. I’ll take care of it myself

I’d be much happier if he told Marner that was his last game in Toronto. Can’t believe anyone can cheer for that guy, what losers

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
COME ON WIlly! COME ON MAN

Scored 1 goal…again

I don’t really care that nylander scored it, but only brain dead’s have to think there’s nothing wrong…

Nylander you had the same amount of points as Marner and he played all 7. You had more than tavares, and had 3 times the goals as Matthews

The core isn’t good enough, you guys never had a game where all of you did something

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Marners not a defenceman
Marners job was to get in Pastas way and slow him down so Rielly had time to retrieve that puck. Not really Riellys fault when Pasta is coming in full speed and the bounce was perfect which made Sammy hesitate about what he should do. A former Leafs employee who I think worked on player development even said the same thing on twitter.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
It started with Liewike who knew nothing about hockey hiring Shanahan who had no management experience and he and Dubas thought they were smarter than everyone else and could win with a pond hockey team.
Leiwickie has just completely ballsed up the Co-Op Arena in Manchester in the UK. Complete shitshow.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
COME ON WIlly! COME ON MAN

Yes Willy.

Because 1 for 21 on the power play, and Tavares + Marner = 5 points in 7 games just SCREAMS non-issue Willy.

Just because you come alive in the playoffs, doesn't mean everybody else does.

This teams changing, I hope they all realize.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I know most of us expected this, but this is by far the worst loss.

It's the worst because it is 100% on management for not getting a goalie who can put up over .860 AND play more than two games.

Samsonov is a complete loser, I've never disliked a person I've never met more in my life. Absolute piece of shit who never should have been given the opportunity he had.

Lastly, it's the worst because the Bruins simply did not deserve it. They were handed every advantage, by incompetence, on a platter, and barely squeaked it out. Pasta scoring when he was absolute garbage all series, is just icing on the cake. At least the refs gave him the phantom call to get him into the game.

f*** everyone, Shanahan better be fired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad