GDT: WCSF | VI | "Because It's The Cusp" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Hopefully they boys play in front of Skinner like they did in front of Pickard in game 4. Ie.treat him like a rookie playing his first playoffs game and focus extra on defense.

Just one bad collapse thanks to thr goalie in oe game and just the last game. We have been good otherwise..
Last game was no very Oilers like..no excuses but that was hopefully a one off game.
They did play like that and Skinner still let in goals.

Reactions: TB12 and frag2

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Skinner is a joke. Waving the white flag starting the sieve masquerading as a goaltender.

Pickard is the only player who actually looked like they wanted to win game 5 and this is the decision you make? Incredible.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
The logic they are using is that Skinner plays well after a rest, completely f***ing ignoring he had week off before this series started. Unbelievable.
I have a feeling that this is some more of Ken Holland's "my buddy stuff" but perhaps there is some other logic here that mere mortals can't understand.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I'm 100% on the Pickard train but you have to play Skinner tonight, he is your starter. If he blows it and costs us the game hes forever a backup going forward (in theory). This is managements fault from the start

Someone tell Vegas how that turned out for them when they went from Thompson to Brossoit to Hill

Idgaf he’s our “starter”. He sucked and still sucks in the playoffs. Guy can’t handle pressure and is as agile as my car driving with the parking brake on

Reactions: TB12

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
Ballsy move to go with Skinner, like it or not. In knob we trust? I dint know anymore whatever happens happens!

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Ugh, why? This makes no sense. I hope Knob explains his reasoning.

It makes as much sense as keeping Ceci in the roster

I guess we’re back to how many shots till we see Skinner let in the first one…I say 3

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Starting Skinner truly feels like waving the white flag on our season. Mentally fragile goalie when our season is on the line, yikes.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
To think that the McDrai era rests on a goalie that’s gone .793 this series…
IMG_4793.gif

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
It makes as much sense as keeping Ceci in the roster

I guess we’re back to how many shots till we see Skinner let in the first one…I say 3
Game 6 against Vegas. 20 seconds into the game Skinner plays the puck up the boards from behind his net. It’s picked off, passed in front and seconds later is in the back of the net. It’ll take some doing for the first one to be quicker than that but with this guys 5 cent head anything is possible.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Game 6 against Vegas. 20 seconds into the game Skinner plays the puck up the boards from behind his net. It’s picked off, passed in front and seconds later is in the back of the net. It’ll take some doing for the first one to be quicker than that but with this guys 5 cent head anything is possible.

Guy thinks he’s better than he really is. Goes to play the puck, then have no f***ing clue what to do.

God this team is stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad