McKenzie: Highly sought after Quinnipiac defender Chase Priskie will not sign w/ Caps; will become UFA Aug. 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
There's the potential for serious opportunity in a year. Faulk and van Riemsdyk are 2020 UFAs. Hamilton expires the year after. Pesce may be a LD moving forward. Fox is not in the picture any longer.

If the market is soft in terms of immediate playing time, it's a good fallback option.

Also any overperformance from Priskie/Wood/McKeown in Charlotte gives the Canes a lot of leverage in any RHD trade or contract extension talks regarding either TVR or Faulk. Wouldn't be surprised if one of them are dealt mid-season if such a scenario happens (more likely TVR IMO).

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Also any overperformance from Priskie/Wood/McKeown in Charlotte gives the Canes a lot of leverage in any RHD trade or contract extension talks regarding either TVR or Faulk. Wouldn't be surprised if one of them are dealt mid-season if such a scenario happens (more likely TVR IMO).

I don't see McKeown in Charlotte this season. If the Canes don't have a spot for him I see him being claimed off of waivers.

Reactions: cptjeff and DaveG

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
If he’s good waiting a year than he should just stay in Washington

This.

I've thought about this a lot and the Capitals are so thin at right D, zero prospects, all he would have to do is show up have a great camp and he can make the team.

If he is as good as he thinks he is all he has to do is beat out Radko Gudas or Jonas Seigenthaler. Absolute worst cast scenario he plays ONE season in Hershey.

I am starting to think he, or his agent, haven't really thought this thing through. Or he just wants to be guaranteed a spot, in which case, I'm glad he didn't sign.

BobbyShehan

May 29, 2008
NJ
Mtl won't trade Petry to make way for Priskie, lol. He'd also have to be better than Juulsen on the third pair and there's a certain player called Josh Brook who'd be way ahead of him. Not counting Cale Fleury, there'd be 2 RD ahead of him in the system. Weber, Petry, Juulsen, Brook are not going anywhere soon. Not a good fit.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
if he goes to the canes, it likely means faulk is on the move or should be soon

I’d think it’d be TVR over Faulk, if they move anyone. Let Priskie settle in on the 3rd pair and keep Faulk as an own rental.

Hopefully the reports are true. Having Priskie in the fold, gives them a much cheaper Faulk replacement for 20-21.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Im assuming Canes promised him a roster spot pretty much? I would imagine that is what Priskie is looking for.. Doesnt want any AHL time.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Carolina is a team looking to win now. They've already traded de Haan this offseason. Moving the guy that was the #2 by EV ice time in the playoffs on top of that would be a super high risk gamble. I don't see them doing that.

Yeah, I agree. If they move anyone, it's TVR, and even so, they're not going to give Priskie a spot on a platter. I think they will have an open competition for the #6 slot between McKeown, Wood, and Priskie if it opens up, and I bet you that the first two will have the upper hand because they will be waiver-eligible and Priskie will not. I think Forsling has the #7 role mostly locked up unless Jake Bean kills it in camp for the same reason.

Last edited:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
The best thing so far in this off season is Ducks fans trying to spell Hakanpaa.
Haha my bad. I was confident I got it right, wasn't double checking. It will grow on me but for now.. eh :laugh:

Anyway looks like the Canes will sign Priskie. Oh well... Ducks defense will be interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad