High School goalie trolls his own team

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Kids are mistreated in every level of hockey, every season. The kid is a loser for acting out on his frustrations in this way.

Don't like how you're being treated? Quit.

Or people could not mistreat each other? What kind of stupid horsecrap is "if someone's making your life suck, quit"?

no its better to teach them to quit right?

As a sophomore I had a coach that wouldn't give me much ice time. I talked with him about getting more playing time and what I had to do to prove it to him. I told him if he would just give me a 3 game trial or something, I would show him. He wouldn't do it though, nothing. I worked my ass off in practice all season and organized trips with teammates to play rat hockey whenever we could. The next season I was with a different coach who liked me and thought I could be a key player. I played on the first line all season and led the team in goals. The next year, my senior year, the coach I had before that didn't like me moved up. I was set to be with him again. I showed up to the tryout early, talked to him about the season I just had, he said my coach had talked with him about me too. I told him that I did everything I could to prove myself to him and asked if how he would be using me the next season. He said the same way he did before, minimal ice time on the bottom line all year. I told him to go **** himself, he was an immature moron who didn't know **** about hockey or what it took to win, took off my gear, told the president of the team I quit and went home. Absolutely no regrets. I was a good teammate all year when I wasn't playing as much, worked hard to get better and prove myself to that ******* and he looked me right in the eye and said it didn't mean **** to him. He just didn't like me and I don't know why, couldn't have been more respectful to the mother****er. As the old hockey saying goes, "What can you do" What you don't do is complain and make embarrass your teammates. Some coaches are just idiots though.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
How do you know it wasn't some of his teammates who gave him this idea. Reports are half the team is on his side.

Doesn't make it right. It just means there are more whine-***** on the team.

There are plenty of ways to protest. This was a disgrace.

mnhowitzer

Jul 7, 2006
10 day suspension from school. @rider_600 Gol darnit up to 375 followers, I need to streak a field or something.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
As a sophomore I had a coach that wouldn't give me much ice time. I talked with him about getting more playing time and what I had to do to prove it to him. I told him if he would just give me a 3 game trial or something, I would show him. He wouldn't do it though, nothing. I worked my ass off in practice all season and organized trips with teammates to play rat hockey whenever we could. The next season I was with a different coach who liked me and thought I could be a key player. I played on the first line all season and led the team in goals. The next year, my senior year, the coach I had before that didn't like me moved up. I was set to be with him again. I showed up to the tryout early, talked to him about the season I just had, he said my coach had talked with him about me too. I told him that I did everything I could to prove myself to him and asked if how he would be using me the next season. He said the same way he did before, minimal ice time on the bottom line all year. I told him to go **** himself, he was an immature moron who didn't know **** about hockey or what it took to win, took off my gear, told the president of the team I quit and went home. Absolutely no regrets. I was a good teammate all year when I wasn't playing as much, worked hard to get better and prove myself to that ******* and he looked me right in the eye and said it didn't mean **** to him. He just didn't like me and I don't know why, couldn't have been more respectful to the mother****er. As the old hockey saying goes, "What can you do" What you don't do is complain and make embarrass your teammates. Some coaches are just idiots though.

Maybe the coach knew you were a quitter.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Maybe the coach knew you were a quitter.

Two years of keeping my mouth shut and working my ass off while proving myself in year two with a different HC was all I needed to prove. He said it wouldn't change anything in his eyes, better shape, better skill, tons of ice time and tons of production meant nothing? Yeah, like I'm going to play for that guy again and be a g4th liner after handling it like a man for a whole season under him before. What would have been the point of that? It's not like the teams I was on were any good, either, around .500, best one was honestly the one I was the leader of. But whatever, it was the only time I quit anything in my life and the point of my post was to show that sometimes quitting is the best option. You can't win with some people and also, some people are morons. When your hockey coach doesn't know enough about hockey to make the right moves, you can't do **** for him. You either fall in line (again) or remove yourself from the situation.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011

The discussion was around his teammates bullying him. If his teammates are *******s, that's a little different from a coach not giving you a chance.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
No, it's not. This is the hockey equivalent of fragging your bunker.

There are some lines you don't cross, this is one of them. The guy completely screwed his teammates on their senior night. You think they'll ever forget that?

Well, I work with kids, and some of them have problems that go beyond the catch-all "he's a loser".

I know it is easier to look at things in black and white, but that's not realistic when you are talking about people.

I am not saying what he did was okay. I am saying what caused it might go beyond what we can tell from a short YT video. I like to think people are deeper than that.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
So if you are mistreated, you should mistreat others and make a fool of yourself like this kid did? Hope thats not what you teach your kids.

If someone is mistreating you they tend to deserve what they end up receiving in return. I'm not saying what this kid did was the right thing to do, but just quitting and allowing the hypothetical disfunction to continue isn't the best course of action, either.

Edit: Just to add: I hadn't read anything regarding this being over icetime. The discussion I was involved in was regarding hypothetical bullying.

Last edited:

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Reddit:

UPDATE: Krause is suspended out of school for 10 days. The video poster is currently in In School Suspension for an undisclosed amount of time. Will keep updating.

------------

Suspending for uploading the video? Yikes....

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Two years of keeping my mouth shut and working my ass off while proving myself in year two with a different HC was all I needed to prove. He said it wouldn't change anything in his eyes, better shape, better skill, tons of ice time and tons of production meant nothing? Yeah, like I'm going to play for that guy again and be a g4th liner after handling it like a man for a whole season under him before. What would have been the point of that? It's not like the teams I was on were any good, either, around .500, best one was honestly the one I was the leader of. But whatever, it was the only time I quit anything in my life and the point of my post was to show that sometimes quitting is the best option. You can't win with some people and also, some people are morons. When your hockey coach doesn't know enough about hockey to make the right moves, you can't do **** for him. You either fall in line (again) or remove yourself from the situation.

Anyone that has played competitive sports goes through these seasons. It happens.

I liked the game enough so I continued to play. Whether that mean being on the 4th line, not in the lineup or on the first line.
Face it, you quit on yourself and on your teammate. The coach didnt give a crap. It's not like you 'stuck it to him' like you are trying to make it out to be in your post.

Fact is, this kid was getting outplayed by the other goalie and threw a temper tantrum.

No one who loves this sport should be defending this kid in any way. If it was such an issue, he should have walked off the team as you did. Not pull this stunt.

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007
What a loser. I hope his teammates/classmates beat the **** out of him in the parking lot.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Anyone that has played competitive sports goes through these seasons. It happens.

I liked the game enough so I continued to play. Whether that mean being on the 4th line, not in the lineup or on the first line.
Face it, you quit on yourself and on your teammate. The coach didnt give a crap. It's not like you 'stuck it to him' like you are trying to make it out to be in your post.

Fact is, this kid was getting outplayed by the other goalie and threw a temper tantrum.

No one who loves this sport should be defending this kid in any way. If it was such an issue, he should have walked off the team as you did. Not pull this stunt.

Absolutely agreed on this kid. That's why I looked up and posted the stats. No excuses. As far as my situation goes, I loved the game too much not to quit. I had a lot more fun playing men's league than I would have had with that team as a senior. If this kid knew he would have a miserable season (and there is no reason he should have felt that, he played a ton, more than anyone else), then he should have just joined another league instead of playing his senior year and crying at the end.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
This kid is an idiot. If you want to quit that's your business. Hell even whine to the coach in private and have you parents verbally assault him. It's better than doing what he did.

Huddy*

Aug 6, 2009
Bloomfield Hills, MI

Was his son on the team?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Was his son on the team?

No, he thought he was the next Scotty Bowman or something. He was from Canada. I don't know how the hell he ended up with my school but he was just a mid to late 30's never was who thought he knew everything about the game and treating our team like the NHL even though we didn't win **** with his tactics. He used to talk about how he wanted to work his way up the coaching ranks and start coaching juniors in Canada. I just googled his name, absolutely nothing came back and I found that kids high school stats in a couple minutes so just goes to show you people that think they know everything usually don't know a damn thing.

mnhowitzer

Jul 7, 2006
Allegedly the old man of this goalie has been kicked out of the association for berating his daughter's 10 year old coaches. So...good luck in life kid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad