Hicketts and Turgeon sent back to GR

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Lol most were skeptical or downright baffled about Hicketts being called up, now it’s ”F Holland” that he goes down? Turgeon was also a complete non-factor, better he plays more minutes in GR for now.

Would have liked to see more of Hicketts but post-TDL is where it’s going to happen. Just chill people.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Hickets played fine, he'll be back and deserves another look. First NHL game and he made a few mistakes, I'm shocked. The narrative that he sucks and doesn't deserve a shot at the big club again is simple trolling. He'll be back and will probably do just as well as our other pseudo NHL caliber d-men.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
I really am starting to think you troll every prospect the Wings have. Open your eyes. Hicketts did more than enough to get one more game. He has NHL potential. Not sure how you access talent, but over the last 24 hours, it’s been pretty bad. Sorry

Sorry I'm not a fanboy for your favorite prospect who has 9 points in half a season in the AHL and who is rocking a -10 or whatever.

But he's got serious flaws in his game.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Kronwall and Ericsson only played 57 and 51 games. XO was then fighting with the likes of Marchenko, Jensen, and Smith for IT, and it was a battle he stood a better chance with.

And until Daley went down, there hasn't even been space to occasionally slide Ericsson over to play his off-side, which he used to do occasionally.

re: Glendening

Those were the games he was largely shifted up to Nielsen's wing for our "shut down" line, wasn't it?

But Marchenko and Jensen and Green played on the right side, right?

I think the big thing is that he got pushed down the depth charts by Daley and to some degree, Ericsson.
But there've been games when XO sat so Witkowski could play. Making him the 8th D on the team some times.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Hickets played fine, he'll be back and deserves another look. First NHL game and he made a few mistakes, I'm shocked. The narrative that he sucks and doesn't deserve a shot at the big club again is simple trolling. He'll be back and will probably do just as well as our other pseudo NHL caliber d-men.

Name one person who said he doesn't deserve a shot at the big club again.
Try being honest.

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Sorry I'm not a fanboy for your favorite prospect who has 9 points in half a season in the AHL and who is rocking a -10 or whatever.

But he's got serious flaws in his game.

Im not a fanboy of him, just pointing out how negative you are for almost every prospect the Wings have on D. He does not have "serious" flaws in his game. No one know this yet. If you did, you'd be a scout in the NHL, which you are not. Enough w the hate, my man. Anything is better than this current D roster, and most know this.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I'm guessing they still want help on the PK with Abdelkader and Helm still out.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Booth is on his last leg in the NHL, he'll give Grand Rapids a veteran boost and Turgeon gets playing time. Win-win!

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I guess in terms of Booth vs Turgeon its not a bad move. I like the idea of giving a capable kid some experience to keep building his game.

I've just never really been a big fan of the kid. He play's a reliable game but reminds me of a Joakim Andersson 2.0

Reactions: Winger98

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad