Hicketts and Turgeon sent back to GR

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Boo. This rubbish roster isn't gonna get any better so why not go with the youth? Turgeon was great from what I saw. Added energy to the 4th line and was epic on the PK.

Hicketts only had one game but played with urgency I thought. Initiated a goal, flattened Hischier, was like a rock on the PK and had three important blocks. Two mistakes but a solid debut.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Boo. This rubbish roster isn't gonna get any better so why not go with the youth? Turgeon was great from what I saw. Added energy to the 4th line and was epic on the PK.

Hicketts only had one game but played with urgency I thought. Initiated a goal, flattened Hischier, was like a rock on the PK and had three important blocks. Two mistakes but a solid debut.

Made more than 2 mistakes.
At times, he simply is too small and too slow to keep up with NHL skaters.
He'll probably get another look when Green is traded.
And whatever. Why not?
But there's too much "grass is greener" with the prospects. Especially prospects who aren't even playing well at the AHL level.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Yeah. Glendening is gonna score 40 goals and Jensen is gonna shut down opponents top players to clinch a playoff spot.

I don't like how much Glendening plays, but he's better as a defensive forward and PK guy than Turgeon. Turgeon desperately needs to improve his skating.

And yeah, Jensen isn't good. But I still have Kronwall, Ericsson, Dekeyser, Daley, Green, and XO ahead of Hicketts.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012

Yeah. Glendening is gonna score 40 goals and Jensen is gonna shut down opponents top players to clinch a playoff spot.

He shut down a 1 on 3 with a flashy hit. woo-hoo.
He turned other inconsequential plays into odd man rushes for the other team.

The team feels Glendenning gives us a better chance to win than Turgeon.
The team feels Jensen(?) gives us a better chance to win than Hicketts.
As usual, this doesn't need to be over complicated.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Not surprising

It wouldn't matter one iota how well they played, they were ways going to be sent down.

Glenny is a Michigan kid signed for what, three more years?

Interchangeable bit players playing bit parts

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I don't like how much Glendening plays, but he's better as a defensive forward and PK guy than Turgeon. Turgeon desperately needs to improve his skating.

And yeah, Jensen isn't good. But I still have Kronwall, Ericsson, Dekeyser, Daley, Green, and XO ahead of Hicketts.

Only one game played at NHL level but he couldn't possibly be worse than Ouellet. Don't get me wrong but Jensen and Ouellet are several years older than Hicketts, Hronek or Russo but have fallen through in almost every game they played. I'd even prefer Lashoff. Same age as Jensen but at least doesn't make mistakes. Ericsson is good now but was brutal at times. Wouldn't rely on that guy to rescue a season. Daley and Green have their moments as well and Kronwall is banged up badly.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I'm really beginning to despise Glendening.

Lol?

This is how the franchise operates. Nothing is out of character here. Young players always get their toe wet to see if they have potential. The same thing happens to ALL young players not named Larkin.

Bertuzzi had 7 games last season
Smith played 14 games prior to his first full season

And the list goes on forever.

I am geniunly surprised people don't understand this since it's been the way of the system since forever ago. It's a working system. "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
wasn't really impressed with either, though they weren't necessarily bad. Just didn't stand out.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Used to be an issue, but he's playing 13:31 this year, and only 10:43 at even strength. That's 11th among forwards at ES. His usage is finally pretty appropriate for the type of player he is. He's our best faceoff guy and a pretty good penalty killer. Not old and not expensive. Not really sure why anyone would have an issue with him.

Reactions: Konnan511

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Only one game played at NHL level but he couldn't possibly be worse than Ouellet. Don't get me wrong but Jensen and Ouellet are several years older than Hicketts, Hronek or Russo but have fallen through in almost every game they played. I'd even prefer Lashoff. Same age as Jensen but at least doesn't make mistakes. Ericsson is good now but was brutal at times. Wouldn't rely on that guy to rescue a season. Daley and Green have their moments as well and Kronwall is banged up badly.

I saw Hicketts twice create oddman rushes with mistakes.
I saw another guy use his speed and reach to skate past Hicketts and set up a great scoring chance.

Ouellet has his limitations. But he's a smart defenseman. He gets shots through,
He's averaging 5.6 shots per 60 minutes.
Jensen is at 3.9.
Green is at 5.3 (and gets a ton of pp time)
Kronwall, who also gets PP, gets 2.61.
Ericsson gets 3.31
Daley gets 3.70

XO rankings on the Wings D
Shots/60 1st (not even close)
CF% 1st
GF% 4th
Ozone faceoff % - 5th (only Daley and Ericsson take more Dzone draws as a percentage)
Goals/60 - tied for 6th
Assists 60 - tied for third
Points/60 - tied for third
Rebounds created/60 - 1st
PIM/60 - 1st (as in lowest)
Giveaways/60 - 2nd (2nd lowest)
Takeaways/60 - 2nd (2nd highest)
Hits/60 - 3rd
Shotblocks/60 - 5th

I guess I'd like to know what in the f*** XO did to get his icetime chopped so badly.
Or was he the sacrifice to Trevor Daley and Ken Holland's facile desire to make the playoffs.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I'd rather watch Hicketts and Turgeon than Glendening and Jensen. Maybe Holland is hoping they'll play well enough to generate some trade interest... .:eyeroll:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I guess I'd like to know what in the **** XO did to get his icetime chopped so badly.
Or was he the sacrifice to Trevor Daley and Ken Holland's facile desire to make the playoffs.

He's left-handed and he's not going to get a spot over Dekeyser, Ericsson, and Kronwall.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Used to be an issue, but he's playing 13:31 this year, and only 10:43 at even strength. That's 11th among forwards at ES. His usage is finally pretty appropriate for the type of player he is. He's our best faceoff guy and a pretty good penalty killer. Not old and not expensive. Not really sure why anyone would have an issue with him.

In the 19 games before he got hurt he was averaging 15:41/game.

So give me the Glendening employment of the first 14 games
14 games 3-0-3 -1 at 11:19 a game
vs
19 games 4-3-7 -7 15:41

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Weren't all those guys on the team last year when he averaged 17:58/game?

Kronwall and Ericsson only played 57 and 51 games. XO was then fighting with the likes of Marchenko, Jensen, and Smith for IT, and it was a battle he stood a better chance with.

And until Daley went down, there hasn't even been space to occasionally slide Ericsson over to play his off-side, which he used to do occasionally.

re: Glendening

Those were the games he was largely shifted up to Nielsen's wing for our "shut down" line, wasn't it?

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Made more than 2 mistakes.
At times, he simply is too small and too slow to keep up with NHL skaters.
He'll probably get another look when Green is traded.
And whatever. Why not?
But there's too much "grass is greener" with the prospects. Especially prospects who aren't even playing well at the AHL level.

I really am starting to think you troll every prospect the Wings have. Open your eyes. Hicketts did more than enough to get one more game. He has NHL potential. Not sure how you access talent, but over the last 24 hours, it’s been pretty bad. Sorry

Reactions: Hinterland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad