OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season One

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'm bumping this thread to point out that while I didn't even make the fantasy hockey playoffs, my loser team included Binnington, O'Reilly, Pietrangelo, and Perron.

I think we know who the real Cup winner is around here.

Reactions: turkleton85

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Still having ptsd from the finals.

I lost in my money league finals a week after we were posting in here

Had a ~10 fantasy point lead on the Sunday morning

E Staal and Spurgeon were minus on the final day, Wild lost 4-0 (IIRC) to the Yotes

Carter Hart and Gostisbehere did nothing in a loss to NYR

I think on my team across like 8 skaters and Carter Hart, Jake DeBrusk was my only player that did anything of note, and I ended up losing by what was ultimately like 1 assist and 1 block

1st place got $400 and 2nd place got $100

Reactions: mantha39

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I lost in my money league finals a week after we were posting in here

Had a ~10 fantasy point lead on the Sunday morning

E Staal and Spurgeon were minus on the final day, Wild lost 4-0 (IIRC) to the Yotes

Carter Hart and Gostisbehere did nothing in a loss to NYR

I think on my team across like 8 skaters and Carter Hart, Jake DeBrusk was my only player that did anything of note, and I ended up losing by what was ultimately like 1 assist and 1 block

1st place got $400 and 2nd place got $100

We should start a support group thread.

Reactions: Eternal Sunshine

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Are we adding any new teams? How many Keepers we going with? What is the official Draft lineup? Ready to pull a Blues this upcoming season. From last to first!!

Any thoughts to a group chat? I know for people that don't have Messenger, you can still sign up for a messenger account.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
your best players are going to be redistributed to the rest of us.
giphy.gif

Reactions: turkleton85

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I don't care how we do it, but I'm still all in on getting @Frk It and @The Zetterberg Era signed up.

And that's really against my best interest, because both are clearly going to build strong teams, already making a challenging league even more of a battle.

I am still game to join. But understand the current members will determine the rules of that or if it's even possible.

Might be a few years before I can chirp as an expansion team, but who knows maybe I will be Vegas.

There will be plenty of banter though:laugh:

Reactions: Bench

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I am still game to join. But understand the current members will determine the rules of that or if it's even possible.

Might be a few years before I can chirp as an expansion team, but who knows maybe I will be Vegas.

There will be plenty of banter though:laugh:

I’m also game.

Can’t wait to take @Bench to the cleaners in the Expansion Draft.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
so when does all this keeper stuff start? I cant wait....

and do we alter some stats, like the goalie stats? i feel my goalies played to biggest part in my high regular season scores

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
so when does all this keeper stuff start? I cant wait....

and do we alter some stats, like the goalie stats? i feel my goalies played to biggest part in my high regular season scores

I suggest two modifications for goalies.

1) Decrease their overall point totals
1a) OR Decrease the number held/starts

2) Increase the age a goalie is a rookie. The games played can stay the same. Almost none will be playing by age 20/21 and have graduated, making harboring rookie prospects a total waste of time.

I would be excited to acquire Knight, for example, but there's a good chance he'll graduate before he's playing regular games and thus you've got a boat anchor roster player not generating points that you've kept for 3 years already. That's icky.

So goalies should account for less total points (I favor limiting total starts per week) but getting a great goalie prospect shouldn't be a game of shoot yourself in the foot until he's age 23 and finally playing.

Reactions: Winger98

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I’m also game.

Can’t wait to take @Bench to the cleaners in the Expansion Draft.

My team is going to be leaking defenders and goalies into the draft.

For example, I have Jordan Binnington on my team and he didn't make my keeper list but how the hell do I justify that now? So someone else is getting squeezed out. No clue who yet.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I want Frk It and TZE in, and I think shaving down to 8 players for an expansion draft is the most reasonable course of action

Should we put it to a formal vote?

Reactions: Winger98 and Bench

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad