Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Bon go to hell

Joe-Biden-Laughing-Shaking-his-Head.gif

You remain the GOAT Bon roaster.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Rockfest line-up was okay for me. Some names I really like but not enough for me to travel to Montebello for. Disappointed considering past line-ups. Osheaga will be the bigger priority for me.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
rockfest is always the smaller names in the flyers that impress me.

Venom!!, henry rollins, dj yella.... but yeah thats probably 1h in 3 days of festival. not cool for me this year.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Undercard of Rockfest is definitely a lot stronger than the headliners. Love that Story of the Year made it on. Prophets of Rage is a headliner when in August they're playing second fiddle to the Avenged Sevenfold show here in Toronto. Pretty much says all you need to know about the headliners this year.

Also Godsmack is a headliner.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
never really care about headliners cuz i understand they try to bring" bigger "names to attract people. but five finger death punch needs to stop ruining festivals for me. they're everywhere, every year. f*** those guys.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Rockfest line-up was okay for me. Some names I really like but not enough for me to travel to Montebello for. Disappointed considering past line-ups. Osheaga will be the bigger priority for me.

I am not familiar with the location, it just pops up on my Facebook because I mainly use Facebook to follow bands I like and to search for upcoming events. The Story So Far posted about it so I checked the lineup. Bands that I would definitely like to watch there:

-Rancid
-All Time Low
-The Used
- Milencolin
-Streetlight Manifesto (tied for my favorite ska band)
- Dimmu Borgir (they are badass)
-Motionless in White
- Propaghandi
-Every Time I Die
-The Story So Far
-Mustard Plug
-Guttermouth

Reactions: BonMorrison

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
A Day to Remember, Lamb of God, Story of the Year, Sum 41, Jimmy Eat World, Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly, The Used, Every Time I Die, Atreyu, Comeback Kid for me.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
A far cry from Osheaga where my list would be something like:

Travis Scott, Odesza, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Portugal the Man, St. Vincent, Chromeo, Manchester Orchestra, Cigarettes After Sex, Arctic Monkeys, Tyler the Creator, Anderson Paak, Blondie, Alan Walker, Bahamas, Alvvays, Carpenter Brut, Lights, The Beachs, Florence and the Machine, The National, Franz Ferdinand, BORNS

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
I am not familiar with the location, it just pops up on my Facebook because I mainly use Facebook to follow bands I like and to search for upcoming events. The Story So Far posted about it so I checked the lineup. Bands that I would definitely like to watch there:

-

its a little town 40 something minutes from montreal.
theres really not much to do if you're not camping. the only time i went we rented the backyard of a house owner living there, to camp. but while we cleaned up everything to not leave a mess. it obviously smell the lake of urine we left in the corner. he was not happy.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Rockfest doesn't below me away. There's definitely some good acts but not worth the travel, etc. Probably the least impressed I've been with a Rockfest lineup, imo.

- Sum 41, Rancid, Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly, The Used, All Time Low, Dimmu Borgir, Motionless in White, Atreyu, The Exploited, Everytime I Die, Story of Year, We Came as Romans, Comeback Kid, Counterparts

A lot of them are nostalgia acts and most of them are "well I'm here I'll swing by the stage and see it" but there's definitely no groups I would HAVE to see or justify the expense and travel.

I don't even want to bother listing out Osheaga bands. There's just....not much there that really interests me.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
for sure their worse line up. for metal and rock is hard to compete with all those festivals in europe a the same time.
but they've been impressive in the past, the rockfest lineups. so i guess its not an excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad