HFWF OT #7: HAPPY RUSEV DAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
No one questions it?

Our structure is so different. Working at home always seems so frowned upon and we actually received a complaint because one person went to go work from home because of a snowstorm. Someone from our own department complained ....the only rationale I can think of is it was an hourly employee complaining about a salary employee working from home.

People suck so much sometimes.

It took me 3 seconds to realize you work at a terrible place with a broken culture. What is causing that "noise" is simple - terrible culture.

Reactions: Virtanen18

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
It took me 3 seconds to realize you work at a terrible place with a broken culture. What is causing that "noise" is simple - terrible culture.

Meh I don’t know I actually like my team and where I work. It’s just a bit different since I work at a University and I think technically we are considered state employees as well.

The culture isn’t bad we’re just slow to adapt to new ways of doing things, and one bad apple can ruin everything I guess.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Meh I don’t know I actually like my team and where I work. It’s just a bit different since I work at a University and I think technically we are considered state employees as well.

The culture isn’t bad we’re just slow to adapt to new ways of doing things, and one bad apple can ruin everything I guess.

And i'm not saying your experience is the same or your specific team, but the organizational culture is broken if one bad apple can create that. If you ever look for a new company, definitely take into consideration organizational culture/work-life balance. Those 2 are worth so much more than the highest bidder.

It's better to coach the bad apple to not be bad than change everything for everyone else.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
No one questions it?

Our structure is so different. Working at home always seems so frowned upon and we actually received a complaint because one person went to go work from home because of a snowstorm. Someone from our own department complained ....the only rationale I can think of is it was an hourly employee complaining about a salary employee working from home.

People suck so much sometimes.
This seems so American lol.

I say that in the sense that American work culture seems to promote the least work/life balance, less benefits and perks, the longest hours even if those hours are spent being unproductive as long as the team sees you at work, etc.

America’s work culture is very bad imo.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
And i'm not saying your experience is the same or your specific team, but the organizational culture is broken if one bad apple can create that. If you ever look for a new company, definitely take into consideration organizational culture/work-life balance. Those 2 are worth so much more than the highest bidder.

It's better to coach the bad apple to not be bad than change everything for everyone else.

Yeah I agree totally, but I’m also a union employee which is also nice so overall I do have a pretty well balanced work-life.

So for the most part no real complaints!

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Oh, also I think I’ve come to the realization as I’m in my early 30s I just shouldn’t really drink anymore.

I suffer from a lot of anxiety and depression issues and if I drink it just gets magnified tenfold the next day. Whenever I’m out at a show I have no stop button really when I’m in “fun mode.” I just keep ordering them until the night is over. It’s different when I’m at a restaurant or something ill have one beer with dinner and that’s it, but I need to just stop having “fun nights” it just doesn’t feel very good.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
someone name me a 25 minute Netflix show I can watch during my cardio on Tuesday. Cut starts furreal now

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Oh, also I think I’ve come to the realization as I’m in my early 30s I just shouldn’t really drink anymore.

I suffer from a lot of anxiety and depression issues and if I drink it just gets magnified tenfold the next day. Whenever I’m out at a show I have no stop button really when I’m in “fun mode.” I just keep ordering them until the night is over. It’s different when I’m at a restaurant or something ill have one beer with dinner and that’s it, but I need to just stop having “fun nights” it just doesn’t feel very good.

On the first part - a-f***ing-men. I just don't drink pretty much at all anymore. Might have a beer while i'm out on occasion, but it's not worth it. I love feeling great at the gym the next day. I don't want to feel hung over or anything. It's just much nicer.

As for the 2nd part - i'm sorry to hear you go through that.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i can drink so slow at home to the point where i feel fine. so people say.

but when i go out, i dont know. everything happens goes so fast and terrible things happen.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Growing up around people (friends) who would get drunk all the time, I just never saw the appeal of it
Constantly hearing about dealing with hangovers and everything
Like yeah, I'm fine with not dealing with any of that

Reactions: Virtanen18

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
I've never gotten drunk since I've never understood the appeal of it, nor have I been around people who do so.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
On the first part - a-****ing-men. I just don't drink pretty much at all anymore. Might have a beer while i'm out on occasion, but it's not worth it. I love feeling great at the gym the next day. I don't want to feel hung over or anything. It's just much nicer.

As for the 2nd part - i'm sorry to hear you go through that.

Yeah that's the conclusion I am coming to. I actually enjoy the taste of beer, like microbrews and such which is why I usually grab one with dinner and whatnot, but that's just the same as a glass of wine, you just having one to relax, not getting wasted and feeling absolutely terrible the next day.

For the second part, everyone has their shit in life, it sucks, but it is what it is, and there are people out there who have it much worse than me with those conditions.

I've never drank. I think seeing people drink around me has just always turned me off the idea.

Yeah I have a buddy who has never drank, ever either. Mainly I think hes the most picky eater in the world and he hates the taste of alcohol so never really cared to try it. With anxiety, it helps, for me anyway, when in a social setting. You'll know where I am sitting because the labels off a beer bottle will be picked off and in a little pile on the table :laugh:

Reactions: ColePens

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i like/know no one.
but i usually end up chilling there because people are too hot and having a blast and then you screw them.
"oh yes, i know where to find that but its 50$ for a 1/8"

Reactions: Fro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad