HFWF OT 5 -- New World Order: The Bon Dedication Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Wait, why can't you get an apartment again? Something with citizenship, or was that someone else I am thinking of?

Nah. I'm born and raised here. While it seems like the real estate market for sales has slowed a bit...apartments are still insane. You need to offer well over asking and somehow manage to convince the landlord that you, out of 38 applicants, are the right one.

I'm a bit picky in that I don't want to live in a high rise so that might be impacting me a bit. I just don't like them. Zero character.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I THOUGHT IT WOULD HELP.

I was wrong. They probably looked at me instantly and thought..."This is a man who compromises who he is to please others. That's not the sort of person we want here".

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Exactly. Real men grow that beard longer and walk in there and threaten them with the fear of Zeus.

But yes the rejection you face is similar to Bon’s on tinder.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Nah. I'm born and raised here. While it seems like the real estate market for sales has slowed a bit...apartments are still insane. You need to offer well over asking and somehow manage to convince the landlord that you, out of 38 applicants, are the right one.

I'm a bit picky in that I don't want to live in a high rise so that might be impacting me a bit. I just don't like them. Zero character.

You're in Toronto right? When I was there in July the high rises were crazy. So much construction was going on it looked like.

I'm not that well versed in Toronto but a couple years ago I hung out in the Junction area and liked it a lot. I assume it's still really expensive over there though?

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
You're in Toronto right? When I was there in July the high rises were crazy. So much construction was going on it looked like.

I'm not that well versed in Toronto but a couple years ago I hung out in the Junction area and liked it a lot. I assume it's still really expensive over there though?

The Junction is where I am currently and is where I'm looking at a place tonight. Up until recently it was one of the cheaper neighbourhoods of the city. I had a friend by a house in the 600s and that was pretty unheard of at the time but that house now is probably closer to a million.

I want to say the "gentrification" started about 5 years ago and has been picking up steam pretty quickly.

Toronto goes through trendy cycles with it's neighbourhoods. It was originally Roncesvalles...then it was Ossington...then probably the Junction.

I don't have specifics but she's a gym rat and I think I lost her when I told her that I don't use the free gym in my condo. :laugh:

Bro. Did nobody ever teach you that you shouldn't be totally honest with a woman until you've locked that down for at least a year?

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
It's good, she was telling me about how she wakes up at 6am every morning to go to classes and I was all like "this is hundo P not gonna work." :laugh:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
The Junction is where I am currently and is where I'm looking at a place tonight. Up until recently it was one of the cheaper neighbourhoods of the city. I had a friend by a house in the 600s and that was pretty unheard of at the time but that house now is probably closer to a million.

I want to say the "gentrification" started about 5 years ago and has been picking up steam pretty quickly.

Toronto goes through trendy cycles with it's neighbourhoods. It was originally Roncesvalles...then it was Ossington...then probably the Junction.

Bro. Did nobody ever teach you that you shouldn't be totally honest with a woman until you've locked that down for at least a year?

Oh, thats kinda random! I was randomly wandering around there and liked it a lot. We went Indie Ale House, it was pretty decent.

I prefer Bon's approach, just be honest upfront, that way no ones time is wasted.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Dude Indie Ale House is the most underrated restaurant in the city. I send people there just for their Fried Chicken and they love me forever.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They are few and far between, trust. Gals don't like Asians Boyz™ on online dating, come at me for stats - it's bruuuutal.

My friend who is a handsome Asian man has said the same thing.

If you were honest and went to the gym tho you’d have more success guaranteed

One time a girl told me she didn’t like beards so I told her I don’t like her anymore

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
My friend who is a handsome Asian man has said the same thing.

If you were honest and went to the gym tho you’d have more success guaranteed

One time a girl told me she didn’t like beards so I told her I don’t like her anymore

No doubt. I just need to get into a gym habit and cycle again like I used to, taking a break was a mistake.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
No doubt. I just need to get into a gym habit and cycle again like I used to, taking a break was a mistake.

Cycle no no no go natty

Jk do what you gotta do

I just realized you meant bike. Oh well.

I was off for a month (well just one workout in a month) cause of mono and my surgery and went crazy. So good to be back in. Once you get into the habit long enough you’ll WANT to go.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Once you go enough it just becomes a part of your daily routine. You don’t even think about it. It just takes time, and is a legit lifestyle change.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Apparently if you can commit to something for 30 days it becomes like...entrenched in you as your new daily routine.

So really you just gotta make it a month.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Apparently if you can commit to something for 30 days it becomes like...entrenched in you as your new daily routine.

So really you just gotta make it a month.

Yup. When I started going back I was going like 3x a week.

After a couple of weeks I took before pictures, and then I took an after a month later and that’s when I started coming 4-6x a week depending on work. It just became a part of my routine without me thinking about it and I’d legit feel guilty for taking a day off (so the mono + surgery combo was a killer) but then you quickly get back into it (well I did now that I’m good again).

It changes everything. You even eat healthier without thinking about it (I still indulge but I’m still mindful of what I’m eating and the portions).

My biggest recommendation is probably if you want to stick to it, take a before picture right now...start slow, but eventually it’ll be a part of your routine and as soon as you see the smallest change in your physique for the better you’ll become obsessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad