HFWF OT 2000 (XVI): A Kimi in every corner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
@Emperoreddy im so on bored with your head canon point.

I watch GoT to watch a story unfold. I don’t care about how other fans want the story to go or their head canon. It’s not your story.

I have shut myself off and I think I am going to stay mostly unglued from the internet tonight. I know people are pissed, but I really really loved that episode.

It’s Game of Thrones version of the Sopranos instant black.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I have shut myself off and I think I am going to stay mostly unglued from the internet tonight. I know people are pissed, but I really really loved that episode.

The episode was awesome IMO. Funny thing is I shy away from most internet talk about tv shows the last few weeks only I’ve visited the GoT thread.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The episode was awesome IMO. Funny thing is I shy away from most internet talk about tv shows the last few weeks only I’ve visited the GoT thread.

This episode is going to have two sides of hate. One from the purists who don’t like how quick this all went down and how they needed to do things to make it sort of work.

The other is the casuals the “YASSS QUEEN” crowd. They are going to lose their minds.

Edit: to try and save the folks way behind.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I have heard of some absolutely amazing things about the ending of GoT. I cannot wait, as a non-fan.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
The first ever game 7 buzzer beater. As a die-hard Raps fan, that shot was everything. Can't even express the emotions I felt then. Just unbelievable.

2001 is finally redeemed.

Reactions: ColePens

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Yeah, I don’t get the distain from some. Was a masterclass. Everyone I know LOVED it. It was wild, intense, meaningful.

I think some people are just grumpy it’s ending.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I can't say too much without ruining it for MCG. There's definitely things I didn't like about last night (about one character mostly...and his....less than cool return to Kings Landing) but anybody who is complaining about the "twist" and saying it ruins the character arc and is out of nowhere....yeah those people should be shot into the sun. That was ALWAYS the character arc and hinted at endlessly. Don't be mad just because you didn't pay attention.

Also. This is magic.

It makes me sad that I'm over 30 and that shot...along with Jose's HR against Texas are my biggest and best sports memories that I can fully remember.

(I have vague memories of the Jays winning the world series..but..vague)

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
The writing has been all over the place this season and even though I don't agree with all of the criticism of it, I think there are very valid reasons to dislike this season of GoT and they've been all over the past two episodes. I'm fine with this season generally but I am definitely more in the disappointment camp.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Amazing shot and moment but I was rooting for the 6ers so. If people want to complain about reffing @Cor those flagrant fouls on Embiid this series :laugh:

tenor.gif

I am seriously afraid how many of you were not born yet for Joe Carter and the world series win...

I remember watching both WS wins....my uncle was at that game in 93, still has the game program and everything.

Only championship game I've had the good fortune to witness live was Toronto FC, two years ago. Well, and the finals the year before, too, but that one had a crappy ending. :laugh:

Reactions: Fro

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I know f*** all about basketball but who roots against the Raptors? They’re like the St. Louis Blues of basketball. They’ve suffered enough man.

Let them win just one time!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I am seriously afraid how many of you were not born yet for Joe Carter and the world series win...
2 years late but honestly if I were alive I still wouldn’t have seen that in real time cause baseball.

Kawhi’s basket, the helmet catch in the super bowl and Crosby’s Olympic OT goal are the three greatest sports moments I’ve witnessed in real time and not through highlights.

I saw the Bautista bat flip on one of the screens in Leon’s when I was there that day so I don’t count that since people add it into their top moments of the decade or so lol

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I know **** all about basketball but who roots against the Raptors? They’re like the St. Louis Blues of basketball. They’ve suffered enough man.

Let them win just one time!

A Raps-Blazers final would be the NBA's worst nightmare, from a marketing standpoint.

That's why I really hope it happens, and also why I'm worried certain calls will be made to help prevent it from happening.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
The writing has been all over the place this season and even though I don't agree with all of the criticism of it, I think there are very valid reasons to dislike this season of GoT and they've been all over the past two episodes. I'm fine with this season generally but I am definitely more in the disappointment camp.
I feel like the season has been decent on the surface, like it's watchable I guess. But once you start digging into the plot, it's not hard to find holes eeeeeeverywhere you look.

Reactions: BonMorrison

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I want for some miracle to happen where the Raptors sweep Golden State lol.

Maybe in another dimension far, far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad