HFVan Hockey League 2017-18 IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Alzner waived his NTC to get flipped?
Yeah, this is exactly why we're changing the stupid rule the NHL has where a team can decide not to honour a player's NTC after acquiring them. It allows goofy stuff like this to happen. I wanted to wait until the offseason to implement rule changes but this one might need to be done ASAP.

Lmao.
Cant wait to hear the convenient spin on this one...
Yes, it's a huge conspiracy that goes all the way to the top, we know.

Goon42

Apr 12, 2013
Yeah, this is exactly why we're changing the stupid rule the NHL has where a team can decide not to honour a player's NTC after acquiring them. It allows goofy stuff like this to happen. I wanted to wait until the offseason to implement rule changes but this one might need to be done ASAP.

Yes, it's a huge conspiracy that goes all the way to the top, we know.
giphy.gif

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018

I wasn't aware of any rule where the team choses not to honor a clause, only that the player can choose to not enforce his clause in a trade

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
I wasn't aware of any rule where the team choses not to honor a clause, only that the player can choose to not enforce his clause in a trade
After combing through the CBA, I believe we misinterpreted the rule. As far as I can tell, it only applies to contracts where the clause has yet to kick in. This wasn't the case for Alzner, so the loophole shouldn't apply here.

Individually Negotiated Limitations on Player Movement.
(a)
The SPC of any Player who is a Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agent under Article 10.1(a) may contain a no-Trade or a no-move clause... If the Player is Traded or claimed on Waivers prior to the no-Trade or no-move clause taking effect, the clause does not bind the acquiring Club.

The Alzner trade is going to be reversed, and Alzner's NTC will be honoured. In the future, all clauses will need to be honoured, including those that haven't kicked in yet. It's just easier this way to avoid any further confusion, and it's a dumb rule in the first place.

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat
After combing through the CBA, I believe we misinterpreted the rule. As far as I can tell, it only applies to contracts where the clause has yet to kick in. This wasn't the case for Alzner, so the loophole shouldn't apply here.

The Alzner trade is going to be reversed, and Alzner's NTC will be honoured. In the future, all clauses will need to be honoured, including those that haven't kicked in yet. It's just easier this way to avoid any further confusion, and it's a dumb rule in the first place.

I look forward to the press release of Alzer suddenly changing his mind on which teams he would accept a trade to. <Michael Jackson eating popcorn gif>

Weylspin

The Swede
Sep 4, 2012
Vancouver, BC
:flames sign P. Maroon 4 years 4.25M AAV

C. Folin 1 year 1.3M

S. Mayfield 1 year 1M

:blues extend J.T. Miller 4 years 4.5M AAV

:kings extend M. Koivu 2 years 5M AAV with a full NMC

M. Vlasic 6 years 5M AAV with a full NMC

:devils sign M. Hrivik 1 year 925K

:pens sign N. Mikkola 3 years 925K AAV ELC

and J. Abdelkader 1 year 2.9M

:wild sign M. Dipietro 3 years 1.8M AAV ELC

Last edited:
Reactions: Maticus and Dabeast

Weylspin

The Swede
Sep 4, 2012
Vancouver, BC
:wings pre Entry Draft trade block
Available:
C. Wilson, C. Sheary, C. Clutterbuck, D. Savard, T. Hamonic, N. Hjalmarsson, M. Spacek, A. Kayumov
Moveable in the right deal:
T. Sanheim, N. Scherbak, J. Norris, J. Dolan, 2018 1sts, L. Johansen, J. Brook

Looking for 2018/19 picks and young u-23 forwards as well as the possibility of trading down on current picks. Hmu on both here or discord and I’ll get back to you ASAP

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
:sens

Ottawa recalls Brendan Smith onto their roster.
Ottawa places Slater Koekkoek in the minors.

Ottawa places David Kampf in the minors.
Ottawa activates Johan Larsson off the LTIR.

Essentially same team as last year. Hoping improvements to Bennett, Kempe, Ritchie and everyone else has similar production or better. (Keith, Brodie, Anisimov, Smith, Frolik…)

Slater Koekkoek & Johan Larsson may be had for a draft pick.

Panarin-Anisimov-Ritchie
Boedker-Backlund-Frolik
Kempe-Perreau;t-Jarnkrok
Bennett-Boninio-Yakupov
Larsson
Carr

Krug-Brodie
Keith-Pysyk
Gardiner-Kempny
Smith

Vasilevskiy
Forsberg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dabeast

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
:sens

Ottawa recalls Brendan Smith onto their roster.
Ottawa places Slater Koekkoek in the minors.

Ottawa places David Kampf in the minors.
Ottawa activates Jacob Larsson off the LTIR.

Essentially same team as last year. Hoping improvements to Bennett, Kempe, Ritchie and everyone else has similar production or better. (Keith, Brodie, Anisimov, Smith, Frolik…)

Slater Koekkoek & Jacob Larsson may be had for a draft pick.

Panarin-Anisimov-Ritchie
Boedker-Backlund-Frolik
Kempe-Perreau;t-Jarnkrok
Bennett-Boninio-Yakupov
Larsson
Carr

Krug-Brodie
Keith-Pysyk
Gardiner-Kempny
Smith

Vasilevskiy
Forsberg
You have Johan Larsson, I have Jacob Larsson.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Unsurprisingly there's an appetite to start the draft a bit early, so I will be posting a thread for it in the next few minutes. Now that there are only two picks per round that are up in the air and that will likely be decided in the next couple of days (or tomorrow), we should be able to roll through the draft without having to stop and wait for a while. Just a few things to keep in mind:

- There will not be a time limit on picks just yet, so don't feel like you're under too much pressure to get picks in. With that being said, the more picks we get in now, the less of a need we'll have for a time limit later. We'll be finishing our draft before the NHL's starts, so if we need a time limit to wrap it up in the last few days, we'll do just that.
- 2020 draft picks have been added to the roster sheets, but can not be used in trades until after the conclusion of the draft.
- The new roster limit (65 players total) will go into effect at the end of the draft. Newly drafted players will not count towards the total until the new limit goes in. In other words, don't worry about shuffling players around to fit your draft picks in if you're currently in compliance with the limit.
- Please make an effort to tag the next person after you've made your pick to help speed things along. This can be done on the boards or on Discord.
- Picks can be made in the Discord chat if necessary, but it's preferred that you make your picks in the thread to make it easier for everyone to follow along.

Best of luck to everyone!

edit: Thread is up! http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2018-hfvhl-entry-draft.2500489/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad