HFVan Hockey League 2017-18 IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
You just love stirring up the pot, don’t you. I won’t start up more drama with a grown man looking to “have some fun”.

I’m fine with how both you and McDrai are running your teams, but you do see the ridiculousness of calling his move out for not being realistic (or tanking) considering the direction you’ve taken with your team, right?

It’s far more “real” that a team would demote a struggling top prospect to the AHL than it is a team would use the number “expansion” picks on non NHL players to comprise their NHL roster some chose to.

Unless there’s clear collusion or requirements not being, we shouldn’t havre GMs whining over a move like this.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I’m fine with how both you and McDrai are running your teams, but you do see the ridiculousness of calling his move out for not being realistic (or tanking) considering the direction you’ve taken with your team, right?

It’s far more “real” that a team would demote a struggling top prospect to the AHL than it is a team would use the number “expansion” picks on non NHL players to comprise their NHL roster some chose to.

Unless there’s clear collusion or requirements not being, we shouldn’t havre GMs whining over a move like this.
You can’t seriously think that that was a strategy of mine can you? I took on Markov’s cap hit in a trade from Chicago in the Parayko deal, and Da Costa was set on playing in the NHL when I picked him until he got injured. I picked Schneider Hedman and Bergeron with my first 3 picks. Did you seriously think I meant to rebuild and have a team like this?

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada

When someone says “waived for tanking purposes” it’s a bit of an issue.

Reactions: donut and Maticus

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Teams have signed players or taken on players to reach the floor in real life. Not sure how that is comparable to moving a top prospect down for the sake of tanking. Those contracts would never have the ridiculous consequences that more than half the teams emptying their NHL rosters would.

That said, if someone want to make a rule to avoid the most extreme salary floor contracts I wouldn’t have a problem with that (I have a couple of questionable contracts myself - at least one).

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Teams have signed players or taken on players to reach the floor in real life. Not sure how that is comparable to moving a top prospect down for the sake of tanking. Those contracts would never have the ridiculous consequences that more than half the teams emptying their NHL rosters would.

That said, if someone want to make a rule to avoid the most extreme salary floor contracts I wouldn’t have a problem with that (I have a couple of questionable contracts myself - at least one).
that was one contract negotiated by the commissioner himself. I would’ve done something else if he had told me to.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
that was one contract negotiated by the commissioner himself. I would’ve done something else if he had told me to.

I´m not talking about your deal specifically. As you might have noticed I like to discuss these things in general. And I have noticed you think it is about you.

To me it is not an issue - my comment was more to try to avoid the two topics being discussed as one.

Difficult to say what a fair contract would be (to avoid these reaching the floor contracts). And the consequence of the odd player on these kind of contracts is rather insignificant in my opinion. But others do not always agree with my opinion. Even if I can´t help feeling some are just trying to be difficult right now.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
Can't see Alex being too happy about that!

Ownership is close with the Kerfoot family and have been assured that Alex understands that demotions are temporary and part of being a rookie in the NHL, and he’s happy to be part of a winning franchise.

Alex is a good kid and realizes he’s not going to like every decision that’s made, and that making the best of the situation and not whining to his agent or the commissioner is the best course of action.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Ownership is close with the Kerfoot family and have been assured that Alex understands that demotions are temporary and part of being a rookie in the NHL, and he’s happy to be part of a winning franchise.

Alex is a good kid and realizes he’s not going to like every decision that’s made, and that making the best of the situation and not whining to his agent or the commissioner is the best course of action.
Alex said that himself? :huh:
@Weylspin

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Are there still scrubs available without a team? Because I've long since lost tracks, but if any agents wants a job for their client I have three open spots on Anaheim.
There are definitely a few unsigned NHL regulars out there if you're willing to do a little digging.

Reactions: Dabeast
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad