HF's Team Board Mock Draft

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Hey everybody. There's always variations of these every year on this site. The idea is to try to reach a consensus for who each team might pick would the fans of that team be in control.

This does not take into account any previous polls before it. Only the results of this poll will affect the numbers going forward.

Here are the results of the one I set up last season: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2095661&highlight=

There's around a month & a half left until the draft, so there will be 48 hours for the first 10 picks, and 24 hours for every pick after that. Obviously, we're only looking for the fans of each team to vote on their pick. This also assumes no trades will be made between picks.

Devils fans, you have the 1st overall pick!

1. :devils ??

2. :flyers

3. :stars

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Hischier. But fine either way.

Poll should be closer.

Last edited:

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
A lot of analysts have said they have heard from people around the Devils that they're high on Hischier. Will be interested to see the reaction from fans if that's the case, considering how much everyone is leaning towards Patrick.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Will be interested to see the reaction from fans if that's the case, considering how much everyone is leaning towards Patrick.

why? just because people voted Patrick doesnt mean they think Hischier is trash. I lean Patrick so i voted Patrick, id be more than happy of they decide to go Hischier

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
A lot of analysts have said they have heard from people around the Devils that they're high on Hischier. Will be interested to see the reaction from fans if that's the case, considering how much everyone is leaning towards Patrick.

I'd be a bit upset. Patrick is the best prospect imo. And it may get doubly bad on this board because Patrick is more than likely going to have more immediate success because of his frame. Just imagine if we pass on Patrick and he plays like a 1C on the Flyers of all places and Nico looks overmatched. It would get ugly. No one would second guess Shero taking Patrick...Many would if he takes Nico (not that he gives a **** about any of that).

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago

I think at first you wouldn't see much of a negative reaction. I don't think there's anyone on team Patrick that think Hischier won't be a good player...most of what I've seen is just a preference for Patrick.

There could be an immense amount of *****ing throughout next season though as I think Patrick is definitely more NHL ready.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Patrick for me, looks to be the center we desperately need

Barring any lingering concerns about his health, he's our man

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
why? just because people voted Patrick doesnt mean they think Hischier is trash. I lean Patrick so i voted Patrick, id be more than happy of they decide to go Hischier

Agreed, but most fans are not as reasonable or level-headed as you are. There tends to be a groupthink factor (not just on hf) where the entire fanbase keys in on one guy and overreacts when a different selection is made. It seems like there's a huge faction of support behind Patrick that doesn't really reflect how close both players are. I wouldn't be upset with either pick, I can just sense the aftermath in the scenario that Hischier is in fact taken over Patrick.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey

I like to think that most fans would try to be supportive of whichever player, Nolan or Nico, who is picked, but if Devils fans have to watch the player we didn't pick go on to flourish with the Flyers and our player is seen as disappointing in comparison, criticism would set in, and in my opinion, quite deservedly. If the Devils manage to mess up this pick, it is a huge setback for the team and the field is wide open for comment on the franchise squandering the fortune they won in the lottery. We speak of having faith in the scouts now, but if they let us down, it is more than fair to criticize the people who make the big bucks to make these decisions if it becomes clear they have chosen poorly. Hopefully, the Devils chose well and fans have no cause to regret their decision.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
If Shero and co. decides to go Hischier I wouldn't necessarily agree with it, but I wouldn't care. They're both great players and Shero seems very high on both of them.

HITMAN88

Jun 29, 2011
Sandanski
Patrick for me, looks to be the center we desperately need

Barring any lingering concerns about his health, he's our man

Yea, exactly. I'm looking forward to the combine. Depends of his results there Nolan can make the decision unanimous!

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I'd be a bit upset. Patrick is the best prospect imo. And it may get doubly bad on this board because Patrick is more than likely going to have more immediate success because of his frame. Just imagine if we pass on Patrick and he plays like a 1C on the Flyers of all places and Nico looks overmatched. It would get ugly. No one would second guess Shero taking Patrick...Many would if he takes Nico (not that he gives a **** about any of that).

There is a pretty obvious 2nd guess scenario if Shero takes Patrick.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
If they went with Hischier I would automatically assume they were concerned with Patrick's health...

I am sure they NEVER would publicly say that but that is what I would assume and I would support that decision, how could you not?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
If they went with Hischier I would automatically assume they were concerned with Patrick's health...

I am sure they NEVER would publicly say that but that is what I would assume and I would support that decision, how could you not?

Ya strictly on ice I think Patrick has the edge. He has to otherwise I don't see how this would even be close.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Ya strictly on ice I think Patrick has the edge. He has to otherwise I don't see how this would even be close.

I don't think Patrick has much of an edge on the ice. Everyone assumes the injury is the reason they're so close, but almost every scout/analyst has said the injury has nothing to do with the ranking. Everyone gets caught up in Patrick's numbers last year, but in the eyes of a lot of scouts, Hischier was the better player regardless of injury. Remember that although Patrick put up good numbers in D -1 year, he was on an absolutely stacked team.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't think Patrick has much of an edge on the ice. Everyone assumes the injury is the reason they're so close, but almost every scout/analyst has said the injury has nothing to do with the ranking. Everyone gets caught up in Patrick's numbers last year, but in the eyes of a lot of scouts, Hischier was the better player regardless of injury. Remember that although Patrick put up good numbers in D -1 year, he was on an absolutely stacked team.

Plenty of scouts have said it is because of Patrick's injury. Both the concern and the fact he simply wasn't playing match this year for them to watch. No WJC and mostly no season.

I also haven't read much, if any, scout knocking Patrick because of Branden being stacked.

The opposite as he was far and away the consensus number 1 going into this year because of his draft -1 year.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Wow didn't think it would be so lopsided for Nolan tbh. Yesterday I was slightly leaning more towards Nico, I think I still am but it's honestly too close to call. I'll be ecstatic with either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad