:bruins

1 (18th) - Lias Andersson, C, HV71 (SHL) +11
2 (53rd) - Michael DiPietro, G, Windsor Spitfires (OHL) -11
4 (111th) - Kirill Maksimov, RW, Niagara IceDogs (OHL) -35
6 (173rd) - Tobias Geisser, LD, EV Zug (NLA) +53
7 (195th) - Martin Bodak, RD, Tappara (Liiga) Undrafted
7 (204th) - Arnaud Durandeau, LW, (QMJHL) +39

TOTAL: +57 & 1 undrafted (7th).

Andersson's having trouble sticking on an NHL roster, DiPietro had a smh lost season, our boy Maksimov didn't show enough in the KHL and has a pretty important season to show something. For some reason I liked this draft lol.

Soli said:
:ducks2

2 (60th) - Alex Formenton, C, London Knights (OHL) +13
2 (61st) - Sasha Chmelevski, C, Ottawa 67s {OHL) -124
3 (92nd) - Mario Ferraro , LD, Des Moines Buccaneers (USHL) +43
4 (123rd) - Gustav Lindstrom, RD, Almtuna IS (Allsvenskan) +85
5 (154th) - Macauley Carson. LW/C, Sudbury Wolves (OHL) Undrafted
6 (185th) - Noah Cates, LW, Omaha Lancers, (USHL) +48

TOTAL: +65 & 1 undrafted (5th).

Ferraro was a hit, and my two picks in the second are doing ok.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
:sabres

(1) 8th overall - Cale Makar - Went 4th to COL
(2) 37th overall - Filip Chytil - Went 21st to NYR
(2) 55th overall - Antoine Morand - Went 60th to ANA
(3) 68th overall - Max Gildon - Went 66th to FLA
(3) 89th overall - Dmitri Samorukov - Went 84th to EDM
(4) 99th overall - Tim Söderlund - Went 112th to CHI
(6) 161st overall - Emil Oksanen - Undrafted
(7) 192nd overall - Arvid Söderblom - Undrafted

Looking decent so far. Makar at #8 was obviously a huge homerun and a steal, ironically I was a bit unsure of that pick as I hadn't really seen much of Makar at the time. The rest of the picks are still up in the air. Chytil is doing okay but I'm still waiting for him to take that next step.

Morand is just finding his feet in the AHL, Gildon seems to have had a strong first pro season in the AHL, Samorukov is obviously on-track still. Söderlund hasn't really panned out, Oksanen is probably a bust but Söderblom recently signed an NHL deal with the Hawks after a strong SHL season.

A lot of this draft is wait-and-see still but anytime you get a guy like Makar from a draft it's pretty much a win no matter what happens with the other guys.

GrandLarseny

Jersey Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Round 1, 1st Overall - C Nolan Patrick - Went 2nd to PHI
Round 2, 36th Overall - C/W Jesper Boqvist - Nailed it
Round 2, 49th Overall - D David Farrance - Went 92nd to NSH
Round 3, 63rd Overall - C/W Evan Barratt - Went 90th to CHI
Round 3, 67th Overall - D Josh Brook - Went 56th to MTL
Round 4, 98th Overall - C Patrick Khodorenko - Undrafted
Round 4, 121st Overall - D Scooter Brickey - Undrafted
Round 5, 129th Overall - G Daniil Tarasov - Went 86th to CBJ
Round 6, 160th Overall - C/W Georgi Ivanov - Undrafted
Round 6, 176th Overall - LW German Poddubnyi - Undrafted
Round 7, 191st Overall - D Simon Johansson - Undrafted

Yikes, lots of my choices did not go in this years draft. At least I got good value with Tarasov haha.

This wasn't the greatest draft of mine when it happened but there's some more potential here than it initially looked like. Patrick has had a rough go of things with injuries unfortunately but regardless of that he's been underwhelming overall. Boqvist got into 27 games this year and was alright, nothing too special though. Farrance had a great college career and looks like another potential gem for the defenseman factory that is Nashville. Barratt was solid in his first pro year it seems, just by judging from his stats. Habs fans seem pretty happy with Brook's development so far and I think he's probably one of their better defensive prospects. Khodorenko never got drafted but he did sign with the Rangers so a depth role isn't out of the question for him. Brickey and Poddubnyi are write-offs at this point. Tarasov is still a top prospect but we'll see how he adjusts in his first year in NA next season. Ivanov is likely a write-off as well but he did have a solid season in the K this year so good for him. Johansson ended up getting drafted next year in the 5th by Minnesota but it doesn't look like he's progressed much.

Gonna need to check back in a few more years to see where this potential leads because there ain't much for results right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad