Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
4Kc9ZHt.png

giphy.gif

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah, I'm not going to suggest that the old servers would have done any better, but this was absurd, considering "more stability" was one of the main justifications used for this new setup. Just terrible.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I'm starting to go bald, in the front. It's really thin from the front-center of my head back to the mid-back area. So, I'll eventually be looking at the horseshoe if I let it be. Of course, I will shave it or buzz it well before then. Or maybe pull something like the Matt Lauer, depending on the exact pattern I end up with. In person, I just look like a guy with thin hair, but in a lot of pictures I look stunningly bald. I make my wife crop the Facebook and Instagram photos she takes so the top of my head is not in them. :laugh:

Getting old is a ***** in so, so many ways.

We have 'Advanced Hair Studio'. You guys would have something similar.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I’m not sure why anyone gives this site money lol

They’ve proven their backend is ****, and they clearly aren’t putting much sponsor money towards fixing it

I went to Mandatory.com and couldn't even find a link to here. Maybe it's there, I don't know. They clearly do not prioritize it though.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Yeah the site crashing and acting like shit f***ed up the draft and my vibes. Was very stressful trying to load and reload and reload pages again during the draft to get information and reactions. Couldn't focus on the draft and picks as much.

And it's still f***ing up. Not crashing anymore but some f***ery on the back end with threads and comments disappearing and reappearing. 'Thread not found' 'comment not found'.

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
The only thing worse this weekend than the servers was GM gorton’s facial expressions like he’s apologizing for cheating on his wife or something. He looks like he’s sorry or about to break some god awful news to you. Bugs the crap outta me

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
What the f*** is going on here? It's the day after and the site is still a mess. Posts are in a random order. This is just unacceptable. Get your shit in order!

Reactions: jas

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Mods, feel free to pass this on to whomever owns/runs this site: the reason I have never become a sponsor or paid for a premium account in all my years of posting is the utter shitshow HF becomes every year at every point when I most want to use it. Hell, this time, the Panarin rumor alone brought the servers down in the days BEFORE the draft.

As someone who spent over a decade in the startup world, I know how easy/cheap it is to arrange the scalable cloud computing that would solve these problems. It’s insulting that the powers that be won’t make the relatively small investment that should be necessary to improve the service. If they ever want to see my money, they need to first pony up theirs.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I've been a sponsor every year for nearly 10 years now, but this is probably the last (never say never sometimes I blackout, deuces are wild) time I give this shit-hole money.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

Say Hey Kid

War, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The Last Jedi is on Netflix. Princess Lea can survive in space, because she's actually Superman.

Last edited:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Is HF EATING RAM on anyone else's PC right now? I have HF and Twitter open and Chrome is using 1.6gb of RAM. Close HF, and it goes back to normal.

What is life.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
So Alexei Yashin came into my place of employment to pick something up that he ordered from us, which was pretty cool. Apparently he lives pretty close by to where I work, which is pretty crazy. I thought he lived in Russia or something. Seemed like a nice guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad