OT: HFNYR Official Foodie Thread including Craft Beer, Wine & Liquor

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Any of our Atlanta members have any local recommendations for food? I'll be down there for a day or two in the next week or so. I've been wanting to try Varasano's Pizza for awhile now. It still looks excellent.

I'll be in Peachtree City if anyone knows of any other cool spots in that area.

I believe @Gardner McKay @duhmetreE among others are down this way.

Any input is welcome. Thanks!

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Any of our Atlanta members have any local recommendations for food? I'll be down there for a day or two in the next week or so. I've been wanting to try Varasano's Pizza for awhile now. It still looks excellent.

I do. Just not in Peachtree City unfortunately!

Anywhere in metro Atlanta though... I could give you tons!

Reactions: Boris Zubov

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

I've been out of the loop. Haven't been out much. Been cooking myself and door dashing :laugh:

I have nothing in Peachtree City but if you venture into my old stomping grounds of Buckhead, there are some great restaurants. What are you looking for? Buckhead can be a bit pricey.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Walmart finally got Motor City Pizza back in stock. I think it is my favorite frozen pizza. Yummy crust.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

I've been to Jinya well over 100 times. No joke.
Thanks for this. The GF likes Ramen.

Walmart finally got Motor City Pizza back in stock. I think it is my favorite frozen pizza. Yummy crust.
Serious question that I may or may not have asked you before...where do you live that frozen pizza is on the menu?

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I've been out of the loop. Haven't been out much. Been cooking myself and door dashing :laugh:

I have nothing in Peachtree City but if you venture into my old stomping grounds of Buckhead, there are some great restaurants. What are you looking for? Buckhead can be a bit pricey.
Buckhead is where Varasano's is. If I stop there, that's where I'm heading. Ever been?

Last edited:

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Never had it but it looks good. Only had Fellinis and Antico for pizza in Buckhead. I may give it a try
The dude who owns it is from the Bronx. Spent years trying to find the perfect dough to mimic Patsy's in Harlem & then tinkered with it a bit more. He was on a pizzamaking website I frequent & then opened his own place in about 2010. They make a sicilian/grandma by request if you give them 48hrs notice. I may do this & a buffalo margherita so I can judge them both. Yes I have problems.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Thanks for this. The GF likes Ramen.

Serious question that I may or may not have asked you before...where do you live that frozen pizza is on the menu?
We don't have menus in my house. We are informal. Frozen pizzas are pretty common. You cant go out to eat all the time. 😊

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Thanks. She loves Thai food.
Good morning! You're welcome. I'm in a very good mood. The rain has finally stopped and it's a sunny day here. In my public league I added Talbot and Gotisbehere. In my league I added Talbot, Samsonov, Montour, and Hanifin.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
The dude who owns it is from the Bronx. Spent years trying to find the perfect dough to mimic Patsy's in Harlem & then tinkered with it a bit more. He was on a pizzamaking website I frequent & then opened his own place in about 2010. They make a sicilian/grandma by request if you give them 48hrs notice. I may do this & a buffalo margherita so I can judge them both. Yes I have problems.
You come in for recommendations and you give me a recommendation :laugh:

can't believe I have never heard of this place. I was right there 2 days ago at Houstons for Lunch.

• Haha

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I used to be a pizza chef who made the dough from scratch also and this is very cool. I like Hawaiians but not everyone does.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Today was a good f***ing day.

Attachments

• IMG_0940.jpg
    IMG_0940.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 4

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
You come in for recommendations and you give me a recommendation :laugh:

can't believe I have never heard of this place. I was right there 2 days ago at Houstons for Lunch.
So I went there yesterday & I really liked it, but I wanted to like it more than I actually did. It's Neopolitan style which doesn't make sense to me since the owner worked so hard to match his dough recipe to Patsys from Harlem. The flavor of his traditional cheese is outstanding & would be phenomenal on NY style crust, but on Neopolitan it leaves you wanting.

IMG_0338.jpeg

Overall it's a cool spot with a decent wine list & good service. It's a solid option for pizza in the Atl area.

On the other hand I was not impressed with the city. WAAAAAYYYY too many people & too much traffic. It honestly evoked strong memories of living in the LA area. Crazy traffic & psycho drivers. In Peachtree City where my GF will be living temporarily for work, it was way calmer, but I could never see us living there full time.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I got some Trader Joes foods. They are not unbelievable but I think they are pretty good for their price.

Scallion Pancakes $2.50, Beef Bulgogi Fried Rice with Kimchi $5.50, Roasted Vegy pizza $4.50.

I used to enjoy TJ's potatoes with peppers but they haven't had it for months.

I wanted to try TJ's jalapeno crab rangoons but I forgot to look for them.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I got some Trader Joes foods. They are not unbelievable but I think they are pretty good for their price.

Scallion Pancakes $2.50, Beef Bulgogi Fried Rice with Kimchi $5.50, Roasted Vegy pizza $4.50.

I used to enjoy TJ's potatoes with peppers but they haven't had it for months.

I wanted to try TJ's jalapeno crab rangoons but I forgot to look for them.

The Trader Joes Chicken Tikka Masala is quite tasty too imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad