HFNYR: Board Appreciation Thread

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I've posted here like twice in the last month and don't really plan on going back to how things were. There are some really great people here that I will always care for, but otherwise this place is more toxic than a Superfund site. After this season someone else can pick up the prospect thread, as well.
That's too bad, in your case I'd offer some "workarounds".

First, I'd suggest freer use of the ignore option - not just the most toxic posters that let's say is 5% but the next level too. Cutting about 20% would do wonders even if you won't get to follow the "flow" of conversation via elimination of even some completely benign posts / opinions with it.

I also don't go into GDT at all, and PGT immediately after a loss - let initial emotions cool down to at least have a semblance of reasonable opinions.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCProdigy

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I also don't go into GDT at all, and PGT immediately after a loss - let initial emotions cool down to at least have a semblance of reasonable opinions.

You can imagine why I was taken back from the last PGT, since it was after a win. lol

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I've posted here like twice in the last month and don't really plan on going back to how things were. There are some really great people here that I will always care for, but otherwise this place is more toxic than a Superfund site. After this season someone else can pick up the prospect thread, as well.
That's too bad, you're one of the best posters on the board. It has gotten more toxic in recent years but I still find the core group of posters who are most engaged are mostly good reads. Sadly I think the rise in toxic posters on here has risen just in concert with growing online toxicity in general.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I don’t spend as much time online these days but still read and appreciate this place often! Definitely tend to stay away after bad losses because the reactions are just bonkers, but that the internet for you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad